Chester Tribute Show, Guests, & More

hahninator

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It truly is an event I've never seen another band do in the history of music. LP is a HUGE band. Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, Nirvana, etc never did anything like this. It's going to be really great and is one of the most respectful things I've heard of in music.

Not true, Queen did it when Freddie Mercury died and guests were Elton John, Axl Rose, David Bowie, Annie Lennox, George Michael and more. You can find it on YouTube it's so touching and amazing. When I think of this event I see Freddie's tribute concert and hope this will be just as great. I know it will be.

Yeah I wasn't sure if it was appropriate or not to argue that point, but he got drunk and died in a motorcycle crash, if I can recall?

Yes, you're right. My ex girlfriend and her friends were big fans of him and his band and on Halloween night of 2012 he died in a motorcycle accident while drunk. I mean it's possible that he chose to kill himself by doing something rash on the motorcycle but I highly doubt it. I think his death was similar to someone like Ryan Dunn of Jackass fame, just driving drunk and going too fast and having an accident.

Not true, Queen did it when Freddie Mercury died and guests were Elton John, Axl Rose, David Bowie, Annie Lennox, George Michael and more. You can find it on YouTube it's so touching and amazing. When I think of this event I see Freddie's tribute concert and hope this will be just as great. I know it will be.

A shit ton of bands have done tribute concerts and stuff, it's nothing new at all.

Mitch did not kill himself tho

Yeah I wasn't sure if it was appropriate or not to argue that point, but he got drunk and died in a motorcycle crash, if I can recall?

Sorry for putting the wrong information out there and confusing you. Before posting I heard somewhere that he did kill himself, but I didn't check if it was true or not (and it's not true).

You guys think there will be more announcements? I'm still banking on Corey Taylor and Jared Leto showing up to the show.

If no more are officially announced, there will definitely be surprise guests at the show

I really hope they record this for a CD/DVD like LIT and RTR!

I really hope they record this for a CD/DVD like LIT and RTR!

Random idea: What if they do a Vyrt like they did for their Hollywood Bowl show in 2014? I know it didn't work too well back then, but think about it. They can sell tickets and have these packages that 30STM had that included mp3 and video downloads of the show after it's over. They can donate the profits to the One More Light Fund. It wasn't that expensive from what I remember, I'm sure fans who won't be able to make it to the show won't mind.

I actually kind of want to just say that I'm happy that I didn't buy a ticket or plane tickets, hotel, etc. Not a fan of any of the guests really except for Korn (Jonathan Davis). Seems like a lot of these people were more so Mike's friends - like A7X, MGK, Blink-182, etc. Also, aside from Jonthan Davis and SOAD, all the guests are more so from the recent Linkin Park years. More old school bands and friends should have been announced or invited. Maybe more were invited but they turned down the offer, who knows. But I expected to see people like Ryu, Corey Taylor, David Draiman, Robert DeLeo, Aaron Lewis, Fred Durst, Chino Moreno, Gerard Way, Ryan Shuck and Amir Derakh, Busta Rhymes, Frank Zummo, etc. I know not all of them obviously could make it or all have time to perform or talk but I expected some of those.

Jared Leto should have definitely been invited as well if he wasn't. I'm sure he would go if he was invited, so they probably either didn't ask him, or he just hasn't announced it yet.

Not bashing the actual event, cuz it's cool they are honoring Chester. I just think the guests could have been a little better.

Edited by Geki

I actually kind of want to just say that I'm happy that I didn't buy a ticket or plane tickets, hotel, etc. Not a fan of any of the guests really except for Korn (Jonathan Davis). Seems like a lot of these people were more so Mike's friends - like A7X, MGK, Blink-182, etc. Also, aside from Jonthan Davis and SOAD, all the guests are more so from the recent Linkin Park years. More old school bands and friends should have been announced or invited. Maybe more were invited but they turned down the offer, who knows. But I expected to see people like Ryu, Corey Taylor, David Draiman, Robert DeLeo, Aaron Lewis, Fred Durst, Chino Moreno, Gerard Way, Ryan Shuck and Amir Derakh, Busta Rhymes, Frank Zummo, etc. I know not all of them obviously could make it or all have time to perform or talk but I expected some of those.

Jared Leto should have definitely been invited as well if he wasn't. I'm sure he would go if he was invited, so they probably either didn't ask him, or he just hasn't announced it yet.

Not bashing the actual event, cuz it's cool they are honoring Chester. I just think the guests could have been a little better.

The guest list is insane, we don't know anything about what's happening behind the scenes.. What if Chester's friend haven't called or rejected the offer?

I extremely disagree w you the lisy of guests is epic and it will increase..

I would love to see Hayley Williams (very vocal about suicide) Corey, Jacoby, Shuck, Dave Navarro, Metallica..

Which songs do you think the band will perform as a 5 piece? My guess: Castle of Glass, Catalyst.