Chester Tribute Show, Guests, & More

hahninator

The guest list is insane, we don't know anything about what's happening behind the scenes.. What if Chester's friend haven't called or rejected the offer?

I extremely disagree w you the lisy of guests is epic and it will increase..

I would love to see Hayley Williams (very vocal about suicide) Corey, Jacoby, Shuck, Dave Navarro, Metallica..

Which songs do you think the band will perform as a 5 piece? My guess: Castle of Glass, Catalyst.

I know, that's why I said that it's possible some people may have turned it down, or couldn't make it, etc. Ultimately, I don't really care, because I'm not going anyways. I know my expectations for guests is unrealistic. But I included Corey Taylor and Ryan Shuck on my list. Metallica would be really cool, too. Jacoby Shaddix, I forgot about him, he should also be there. Papa Roach took Linkin Park out on tour when Linkin Park was just starting out and Jacoby and Papa Roach had a lot of respect for Chester and Linkin Park. Would be cool.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually kind of want to just say that I'm happy that I didn't buy a ticket or plane tickets, hotel, etc. Not a fan of any of the guests really except for Korn (Jonathan Davis). Seems like a lot of these people were more so Mike's friends - like A7X, MGK, Blink-182, etc. Also, aside from Jonthan Davis and SOAD, all the guests are more so from the recent Linkin Park years. More old school bands and friends should have been announced or invited. Maybe more were invited but they turned down the offer, who knows. But I expected to see people like Ryu, Corey Taylor, David Draiman, Robert DeLeo, Aaron Lewis, Fred Durst, Chino Moreno, Gerard Way, Ryan Shuck and Amir Derakh, Busta Rhymes, Frank Zummo, etc. I know not all of them obviously could make it or all have time to perform or talk but I expected some of those.

Jared Leto should have definitely been invited as well if he wasn't. I'm sure he would go if he was invited, so they probably either didn't ask him, or he just hasn't announced it yet.

Not bashing the actual event, cuz it's cool they are honoring Chester. I just think the guests could have been a little better.

Really dude? Complaining about the event? It never ceases to amaze me how clueless people can be. You have no clue what peoples schedules are like, or if they had any interest in doing this in the first place. Why would Busta Rhymes be there? Because they made a song over ten years ago? when do you think was the last time Chester and Busta spoke? I would bet they haven't spoken one time in the last ten years. i don't mean to be offensive, but your post was absurd. this event is about Chester and LP, not who you want to see perform.

Really dude? Complaining about the event? It never ceases to amaze me how clueless people can be. You have no clue what peoples schedules are like, or if they had any interest in doing this in the first place. Why would Busta Rhymes be there? Because they made a song over ten years ago? when do you think was the last time Chester and Busta spoke? I would bet they haven't spoken one time in the last ten years. i don't mean to be offensive, but your post was absurd. this event is about Chester and LP, not who you want to see perform.

Dude I have the right to complain about what ever I want. I didn't attack anybody or anything with my opinion. And I also made it a point to CLEARLY say that I was only saying that I didn't like the guests, and that I thought the actual event to memorial Chester was cool. Why the fuck wouldn't he be there? He toured with the band and made a track with them. He did more with the band than all of the guests except for like SOAD and Jonathan Davis. So shut up, you don't know what you're talking about. Every single person I mentioned were either friends with Chester or bands and artists that LINKIN PARK FUCKING TOURED WITH. Like artists they chose and took out on tour, etc. Out of all the guests, you took the guest that I would least likely say would be there. You're just trying to attack me but really not with much substance. All of the other people there have made tracks with Chester, Chester has been involved with them, he was their friend, or he has done some big tours with them. You must have some personal hatred for Busta or something. He's one of the legends of his genre, I think Chester even said during a show on PR08 that he was the best rapper of all time. Obviously the band were friends with him. Watch the making of We Made It, the PR08 promo, etc. Mike also most likely respects him since he was a pioneer in the hip-hop/rap world. But that wasn't even the main point of my post. My original post wasn't even offensive at all IMO, but now you have me pissed. What is the point of these threads if I can't discuss my thoughts, etc. I mean really. Everyone has become so touch holey around here.

EDIT: I ALSO SAID IN MY OP THAT IT'S POSSIBLE SOME PEOPLE WERE ASKED AND COULDN'T MAKE IT OR DIDN'T WANT TO BE A PART. And also, read some of the other posts here, bud. Because other people were saying names of people they would have liked to see as well. I fail to see how that's absurd even remotely but I guess to you it was.

Edited by Geki

Dude I have the right to complain about what ever I want. I didn't attack anybody or anything with my opinion. And I also made it a point to CLEARLY say that I was only saying that I didn't like the guests, and that I thought the actual event to memorial Chester was cool. Why the fuck wouldn't he be there? He toured with the band and made a track with them. He did more with the band than all of the guests except for like SOAD and Jonathan Davis. So shut up, you don't know what you're talking about. Every single person I mentioned were either friends with Chester or bands and artists that LINKIN PARK FUCKING TOURED WITH. Like artists they chose and took out on tour, etc. Out of all the guests, you took the guest that I would least likely say would be there. You're just trying to attack me but really not with much substance. All of the other people there have made tracks with Chester, Chester has been involved with them, he was their friend, or he has done some big tours with them. You must have some personal hatred for Busta or something. He's one of the legends of his genre, I think Chester even said during a show on PR08 that he was the best rapper of all time. Obviously the band were friends with him. Watch the making of We Made It, the PR08 promo, etc. Mike also most likely respects him since he was a pioneer in the hip-hop/rap world. But that wasn't even the main point of my post. My original post wasn't even offensive at all IMO, but now you have me pissed. What is the point of these threads if I can't discuss my thoughts, etc. I mean really. Everyone has become so touch holey around here.

EDIT: I ALSO SAID IN MY OP THAT IT'S POSSIBLE SOME PEOPLE WERE ASKED AND COULDN'T MAKE IT OR DIDN'T WANT TO BE A PART. And also, read some of the other posts here, bud. Because other people were saying names of people they would have liked to see as well. I fail to see how that's absurd even remotely but I guess to you it was.

I'm not touchy at all. I just think that complaining about the guests is ridiculous. You seem to think you know who the guys are friends with, which is also absurd. I have zero issue with Busta Rhymes, but I guarantee you he was never even brought up when they were thinking about guests. The current guest list is pretty amazing if you ask me. You were obviously expecting more, or something different. Didn't mean to offend you, which I have already stated, but you seem pissed anyway. I just think that a lot of people are being unrealistic when it comes to this show and the future of the band.

I'm not touchy at all. I just think that complaining about the guests is ridiculous. You seem to think you know who the guys are friends with, which is also absurd. I have zero issue with Busta Rhymes, but I guarantee you he was never even brought up when they were thinking about guests. The current guest list is pretty amazing if you ask me. You were obviously expecting more, or something different. Didn't mean to offend you, which I have already stated, but you seem pissed anyway. I just think that a lot of people are being unrealistic when it comes to this show and the future of the band.

Ultimately the band chose who they wanted and tons and tons of fans are going that will all be satisfied. I was just saying what I personally thought of the guests. I also didn't hate all of the guests, because I do like Jon Davis and Korn, as well as System Of A Down. As for Busta Rhymes, he probably wasn't considered. Obviously, I will have different opinions and stuff than the band members. It's not up to me who is going to play. I was simply stating my opinion. I knew that I probably wasn't going to go, before the guests were even announced, since it would cost a lot of money and time for me and I'm struggling at the moment, as well as the fact that people depend on me daily, so I couldn't really have gone. But I did entertain the idea in my head that maybe I would try and go. That's why I said I was happy that I didn't end up going through on it because I probably wouldn't enjoy the live aspect of it. If I was to have gone, it would have been more for the fan interaction and what not.

Anyways, I am pissed. It's been an extremely hard year for me in many ways. My hero is dead and gone, I have a lot of issues going on in my personal life this year in particular, etc. I didn't mean to take it out here, but your post annoyed me greatly. I just don't see an issue with people saying who they would have liked to see at the show, or would like to see at the show, etc. I don't think the actual band would even care if fans did that. Linkin Park and Chester have left behind a legacy with a span of many years, so there are lots of people they have worked with, toured with, that fans will remember, etc. But you're also going to have unrealistic views and stuff in regards to both of those things. That's just how discussions work, it's simply people only saying what they think may happen, should happen, etc. The only decision that really matters in the long run is the decision that the band makes. You know? I don't really want to discuss this anymore because I don't want this thread to become about this type of thing, so I'm gonna leave it at this.

Well, on a brighter note...

Jon Green from The Bonfires announced he'll be playing today. So that means 'Nobody Can Save Me' will probably be played and it also seems that there are more guests to be announced over the next few weeks!

That's pretty cool. Good to know that perhaps more people will be announced.

Ultimately the band chose who they wanted and tons and tons of fans are going that will all be satisfied. I was just saying what I personally thought of the guests. I also didn't hate all of the guests, because I do like Jon Davis and Korn, as well as System Of A Down. As for Busta Rhymes, he probably wasn't considered. Obviously, I will have different opinions and stuff than the band members. It's not up to me who is going to play. I was simply stating my opinion. I knew that I probably wasn't going to go, before the guests were even announced, since it would cost a lot of money and time for me and I'm struggling at the moment, as well as the fact that people depend on me daily, so I couldn't really have gone. But I did entertain the idea in my head that maybe I would try and go. That's why I said I was happy that I didn't end up going through on it because I probably wouldn't enjoy the live aspect of it. If I was to have gone, it would have been more for the fan interaction and what not.

Anyways, I am pissed. It's been an extremely hard year for me in many ways. My hero is dead and gone, I have a lot of issues going on in my personal life this year in particular, etc. I didn't mean to take it out here, but your post annoyed me greatly. I just don't see an issue with people saying who they would have liked to see at the show, or would like to see at the show, etc. I don't think the actual band would even care if fans did that. Linkin Park and Chester have left behind a legacy with a span of many years, so there are lots of people they have worked with, toured with, that fans will remember, etc. But you're also going to have unrealistic views and stuff in regards to both of those things. That's just how discussions work, it's simply people only saying what they think may happen, should happen, etc. The only decision that really matters in the long run is the decision that the band makes. You know? I don't really want to discuss this anymore because I don't want this thread to become about this type of thing, so I'm gonna leave it at this.

That's pretty cool. Good to know that perhaps more people will be announced.

Hey man, didn't mean to get you all worked up. Sorry if I offended you. The show is gonna be amazing. Hopefully there will be a stream.

Well, on a brighter note...

Jon Green from The Bonfires announced he'll be playing today. So that means 'Nobody Can Save Me' will probably be played and it also seems that there are more guests to be announced over the next few weeks!

Yesss I need NCSM

I guess maybe I just wasn't a fan of Chester since I discussed people who I would like to see perform in honor of him.

Lol... You're the biggest Chester fan I know. I'm just saying there are so many variables that could affect who can and who can't be there that I'm not even concerned anymore. I'm more than certain that the band have reached out to way more people than we've heard about so far, and they may have said that they're unable to make it or they may still trying to work out their schedule to be there. We will most likely only hear about who they've invited after they've accepted the invitation.

The announcements of who will be in attendance will probably be staggered all the way up until the show itself.

Lol... You're the biggest Chester fan I know. I'm just saying there are so many variables that could affect who can and who can't be there that I'm not even concerned anymore. I'm more than certain that the band have reached out to way more people than we've heard about so far, and they may have said that they're unable to make it or they may still trying to work out their schedule to be there. We will most likely only hear about who they've invited after they've accepted the invitation.

The announcements of who will be in attendance will probably be staggered all the way up until the show itself.

True, we probably will keep getting announcements of people joining all the way up until the event, or like a week before or something. I mean I guess maybe some people didn't want to be a part, that's possible.

Posted this on social media, but figured I should post it here:

Do NOT buy resale/secondhand tickets for the Hollywood Bowl show. Most tickets will require you to present the card the originally purchased the tickets for entry. This is part of Ticketmaster's (admittedly not well planned out) new policy in order to counter scalpers.
Make sure you check on the ticket policies for every concert or event you plan on buying resale tickets for, just in case.

So in the past few weeks, Mike went to see Paramore and Imagine Dragons live (and it seems he talked with Hayley Williams). Yesterday he hung out with Pete Wentz from Fall Out Boy and Jared Leto at the Blade Runner 2049 premiere. Would be great to see some of these guys at the memorial event. Paramore finishes Tour Two on October 23, Jared isn't busy with 30STM and I'm pretty sure most of the rest of the year will be working on the band's new record. Fall Out Boy and Imagine Dragons are both touring then (hell, I'm seeing Imagine Dragons the day before I fly to LA lol) so they're out, but Hayley and Jared would be awesome to see with the band.