'Good Goodbye' Out Now!

RogueSoul

We've all been waiting in anticipation for this new track, and it's finally hear. Another taste of One More Light is here, and this time, 'Good Goodbye' is delivering some hip-hop vibes.

Earlier this week, Linkin Park posted the lyrics for 'Good Goodbye' on Genius, and there was quite a mixed reaction. The song has now been released through HipHopNMore as it slowly makes its way onto localized iTunes stores across the world - you can expect it to be available whenever it's Friday for you. The song was also briefly on Spotify and should be rolling out there as Friday comes, as well.

UPDATE: The official lyric video for the track has been released.

'Good Goodbye' features rapper Pusha T and grime artist Stormzy. Pusha T has been featured on Linkin Park music before (he offered a verse on the 'Ill Be Gone' Vice Remix on RECHARGED), but this is Stormzy's first outing with the band. Interestingly enough, from what we have gathered from interviews, 'Good Goodbye' came about very early on in the recording process but Stormzy's verse wasn't added until the very end. Mike actually had two verses on the track originally. You can read up on everything about 'Good Goodbye' on its Linkinpedia page.

What do you think of the song? It's pretty different from the rest - it even has a bit of a Fort Minor vibe to it. It's one of the only tracks on the record that will feature Mike rapping. It's definitely one of the band's more hip-hop driven tracks in the latest years; it even has a reference to Ray Charles' 'Hit The Road Jack' to give it that extra hip-hop flair.

One thing we're all wondering: how will this song be played live? Personally, I think Mike will be able to pull of Pusha's verse, but will do something special over Stormzy's verse (something like Mike's Solo Medley in 2014 and 2015). Maybe Stormzy will come out and perform the song with the band when they head to England later this year in July. Let us know what you think! This may be the last taste of new music before One More Light releases on May 19. The band has filmed a music video with Stormzy earlier this year, so we can expect that to be released soon, as well. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook so you stay up to date with the latest Linkin Park news.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked it more than I was expecting. The chorus is cool, Mike's verse - as well as Pusha's - is a good verse and Stormyz fits really good in the vibe of the song. Not bad, probably the one I liked it more at the first listen from 'One More Light' so far.

I dig it. It's not a revolutionary song, but it's a fun, enjoyable listen. The chorus is so much better than the lyrics led me to think it would be. Chester really nailed the delivery of it, and those harmonies are A+. Stormzy's verse is definitely the weak spot for me. It's such a jarring shift in style that doesn't really work for me.

For me, Battle Symphony > Good Goodbye > Heavy

This song is average at its best:

1) The instrumental sounds like something we've already heard million times before

2) Chipmunk vocals are unnecesary, trendy, cliché.

3) Mike trying to rap like Migos/Future, I don't think that's the best you can do Mike.

4) Is this their first song ever that they do the chorus 4 times? this song really needed a bridge

5) Good song but once again they managed to create another piece of DISPOSABLE MUSIC... I just don't see myself listening to this song in the future. #ReplayValueSucks.

Is it better than the last two tracks? Yes. But still... What is this? Just another track that you will hear in the club. The concerts of LP will be really boring if this is what we will get. Just singing along at best. No crowd movement, nothing...

That said: it is not bad at all. Finally hearing Mike rapping again, Chester a catchy chorus and some good layers. If the speed would have been 1.25 higher, Chester's voice would have been a little more crunchy and there would be electric guitar, this could have been an amazing song. For now it is okay and finally a track that I am not really ashamed of as a LP-fan. Just a little (and that is a huge improvement).

Edited by Kruspe

I posted this on another site but I'll paste it here because I did some thinking after giving the track a few spins.

When I realized that LP were gonna do a pop album, my only hope was that they made some catchy ear candy. I think they accomplished that with this song.

That being said, even though I dig it on a very basic surface level, I know that in a year I probably won't be listening to this. The problem with these songs is that they explode on the scene and then just fizzle out and people move on because there's nothing substantial to keep you coming back.

I think it's becoming pretty evident that LP has peaked with ATS. unless they pull out some magic next album, I'll probably just be a causal LP fan in the future.

I think it's becoming pretty evident that LP has peaked with ATS.

With two cohesively weak albums after that and a very bleak outlook on a third, I agree with this completely.

The band had all juices flowing creatively on MTM and ATS, which are fantastic albums, and then really fell apart studio-wise starting with Living Things when they'd put songs that didn't have any similarities in genre or style together on the albums.

I dont agree that the next two albums after ATS were weak. The Hunting party was not weak, it was fresh, one of their best offerings. MTM was weak in retrospect, LYGYA was the highlight, one of my fave songs of all LP.

The LP parts of this song are pretty great, Mikes Rapping sounds pretty cool here, different than before and I love Chesters opening and the contrast he provides in this song.

But this is me being positive... because the song is horrible. Completely ruined by terrible guest spots.. (I can't even bring myself to call them artists), no idea who these two people are, but there lyrics are terrible and there delivery is awful, the final verse which I believe someone has said is the stormy guy, is just some mumbling idiot spouting complete nonsense.

LP should of had the balls to say... look I know we asked you into the studio, but then we realised you actually suck, so you are not going on the track.

I usually stream all my music.. but luckily I bought the give me everything package, so I can download the album onto my phone (and this will be the only album actually stored on my phone) then I can delete this song and pretend it doesn't exist, much like everyone else (and likely so!) pretends recharge doesn't exist.

Edited by Smarky