'Good Goodbye' Out Now!

RogueSoul

But this is me being positive... because the song is horrible. Completely ruined by terrible guest spots.. (I can't even bring myself to call them artists), no idea who these two people are,

This is both disrespectful and ignorant. You don't have to like it, but for you two disregard their work and passion is just uncalled for. Plus, you'd have to really, really try to not know who Pusha T is.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is both disrespectful and ignorant. You don't have to like it, but for you two disregard their work and passion is just uncalled for. Plus, you'd have to really, really try to not know who Pusha T is.

I don't see it as disrespectful at all, it's like having respect for someone like Justin Bieber in my view, respect is not given automatically, it's earned.

and I have absolutely no idea who this person is, I asked my friends about it too and they have no idea either, but thats just me and those other people, I am sure for some people these are big names, just likely they are plenty people who don't even really know who LP are.

Edited by Smarky

I don't see it as disrespectful at all, it's like having respect for someone like Justin Bieber in my view and I have absolutely no idea who this person is, I asked my friends about it too and they have no idea either.

So because you and your friends don't know them it just gives them no credibility as artists? Maybe try listening to them. Broaden your horizons.

Anyway as for the song itself, the guest spots expectedly sound phoned in. Both guests could've easily contribute better. I actually enjoyed mikes verse the most. Boring song if I'm being honest. I would also agree with the peaked at ATS comment.

I don't really take any of the quotes from their interviews seriously. They are trying to hype their album up after all. Doesn't feel like they're challenging themselves at all like they always say they are. I don't think teaming with prolific pop writers to make forgettable music is challenging yourself that much.

So because you and your friends don't know them it just gives them no credibility as artists? Maybe try listening to them. Broaden your horizons.

Nah. That's not what I was saying, just saying I had no idea who they are, there are plenty of "artists" I don't know who they are and there are always those people that you discovery pretty late in there career that are actually awesome.

I like your comments and analysis of the situation though... perhaps LP just wanted them on the song too much? If i was in a band and collabed with someone and they phoned in the verses, I would just cut them from the song. I like BS and Heavy, but yea, I don't see they are challenging themselves so much, but then again it's easy for us to sit on the outside and say things.

Perhaps because this is so different from there usual ways of doing something, it's challenging to them, even though it's actually an easier way of doing things.

I kinda wish they would do less self producing, because then you believe your own hype too much, you know, Mike talked a lot previously about how when he was in art school, his biggest take away was putting up his artwork at the end of the day and have people critique and tear that apart and thats what made you a better artist.

I kinda feel without an external producer, it leaves things little more unchecked and too many "yes men" with them all believing there own hype, not noticing there weaknesses, perhaps thinking they are challenging themselves when they really are not, that's kinda why people have personal trainers for example, to make sure you are not half assing things when you think you are actually doing more.

This song is sick af! I know a lot of people complain about this being "generic music", but LP has never done anything like this before, and as someone who hasn't been spoiled by listening to too much pop music, I've thoroughly enjoyed every song that's been released from this album so far.

We have a catchy chorus with great vocals from Chazz, Mike spitting some sick lines in a style he hasn't done before, solid guest features that ease into the song nicely, and probably the most "active" instrumental out of the three songs.

I can easily see OML becoming my favorite LP album to date. I've enjoyed every song so far. Hopefully that trend continues. Thanks for the awesome music guys!

I dont agree that the next two albums after ATS were weak. The Hunting party was not weak, it was fresh, one of their best offerings. MTM was weak in retrospect, LYGYA was the highlight, one of my fave songs of all LP.

The organization and flow of THP was weak. UIG had no business being on that album, IMO. You don't know what you've got, oh you don't know what you've got, oh you don't know what you've got, oh you don't know what you've got, oh you don't know what you've got, oh you don't know what you've got, oh you don't know what you've got, oh you don't know what you've got, oh you don't know what you've got, oh you don't know what you've got, until it's gone. What a horrendous track. Toss it to Transformers, another movie, or leave it in the vault. Putting that on a rock album is laughable.

The Summoning and War in the middle made no sense to me. Drawbar is a waste. But yeah, besides that, there were 7 quality rock songs and one softer song Final Masquerade. I enjoy the 7 rock songs on it, sure, but they needed 12.

I like your comments and analysis of the situation though... perhaps LP just wanted them on the song too much? If i was in a band and collabed with someone and they phoned in the verses, I would just cut them from the song.

This is basically how 99% of the collabo's with artists come around in these day and age, a lot of features are even recorded on the road, phoned in from a dusty hotel room, that's really how it works these days. If you were in a band, you probably would have to settle for things like these if you want to collab with whatever artist.

This is basically how 99% of the collabo's with artists come around in these day and age, a lot of features are even recorded on the road, phoned in from a dusty hotel room, that's really how it works these days. If you were in a band, you probably would have to settle for things like these if you want to collab with whatever artist.

Yeah, I definitely got the feeling that Stormzy didn't meet the band in person until the video shoot.

Third forgettable song in a row .. And it's still the best/not worst of the batch ....I really think I'm starting to be done with LP :/

Been a hardcore fan since Hybrid Theory EP , but I think the band is really overrated , as we didn't have good inventive stuff since ATS, even though some tracks off LT or THP were great..

Let's face it, Chester's voice doesn't impress me as much as it did and Brad isn't a very good guitarist to me . But maybe do I realize that because I've evolved in my musical tastes, I don't know .

Third forgettable song in a row .. And it's still the best/not worst of the batch ....I really think I'm starting to be done with LP :/

Been a hardcore fan since Hybrid Theory EP , but I think the band is really overrated , as we didn't have good inventive stuff since ATS, even though some tracks off LT or THP were great..

Let's face it, Chester's voice doesn't impress me as much as it did and Brad isn't a very good guitarist to me . But maybe do I realize that because I've evolved in my musical tastes, I don't know .

who rates LP so highly that they can be considered overrated?

The fact is that they are not a very talented band and have never been, Mike being the only exception and his songwriting has been been stellar, just decent.

They didn't get famous for creating masterpieces, they got famous for perfecting rap/rock as a mainstream medium and making it sound pretty damn good. Problem is they are venturing into a genre that is overpopulated with talent so unless they create groundbreaking music, which they can't as they are not talented enough, it will be pretty much forgettable and irrelevant.

I mean claiming you are writing your best work and delivering what we have so far... damn

*edit although i will say that some of Mike's verses up until HT sometimes had moments of brilliance

Edited by GraDoN

unless they create groundbreaking music, which they can't as they are not talented enough, it will be pretty much forgettable and irrelevant.

What do you mean by groundbreaking music? Something that other artist didnt do? How can you say they're not talented enough? By judging this OML album? Give them a break. They can do whatever they want.

What do you mean by groundbreaking music? Something that other artist didnt do? How can you say they're not talented enough? By judging this OML album? Give them a break. They can do whatever they want.

Groundbreaking might have been too strong a word, but the generic stuff they are putting out now isn't going to do anything.

And I'm not hating on them, just stating a fact, they are not very talented

I don't think OML is the only problem . At first , LP was innovative until ATS . Then, we just had generic songs over 6/8 years .

Collabs might say it all : they're done creating . They do not have ideas anymore.

So you are one of the few that calls ATS "generic " , while praising early nu metal stuff , I see now ... Edited by Gigito1995

I don't think OML is the only problem . At first , LP was innovative until ATS . Then, we just had generic songs over 6/8 years .

Collabs might say it all : they're done creating . They do not have ideas anymore.

Collaborations on the album doesn't mean they're out of ideas. They just wanted to collaborate. Creativity isn't a finite resource, you don't just "run out" one day.

Also, I disagree with your assessment of their work lately. MTM/ATS were Linkin Park's best albums to me, but it's not like LT/THP/OML are bad albums by any means.

Different people have different tastes. On this site alone, I've seen people who think HT/M are the band's weakest albums, and I've seen people who think HT/M are their only good albums. It's all subjective, and it's what makes this community so interesting. Trashing the band though and insulting their work without being constructive is just a waste of time, though.

@GraDoN What you said is also subjective. You say the band isn't talented, as if that's just an unspoken fact that is indisputably true. There are literally millions of people who would disagree with that statement, though. I am one of them. I feel LP as a collective, are a talented band. Do they have misfires? Yes. Any band that switches up their style as many times as they have are bound to have a couple of misses, but as a whole I think they are an innovative band that's very open to change, and almost always pulls it off.

Edited by Justin

I don't think you understood ...

ATS was LP at its peak ... Meteora , for example , is the album I like the less

Collaborations on the album doesn't mean they're out of ideas. They just wanted to collaborate. Creativity isn't a finite resource, you don't just "run out" one day.

Also, I disagree with your assessment of their work lately. MTM/ATS were Linkin Park's best albums to me, but it's not like LT/THP/OML are bad albums by any means.

Different people have different tastes. On this site alone, I've seen people who think HT/M are the band's weakest albums, and I've seen people who think HT/M are their only good albums. It's all subjective, and it's what makes this community so interesting. Trashing the band though and insulting their work without being constructive is just a waste of time, though.

@GraDoN What you said is also subjective. You say the band isn't talented, as if that's just an unspoken fact that is indisputably true. There are literally millions of people who would disagree with that statement, though. I am one of them. I feel LP as a collective, are a talented band. Do they have misfires? Yes. Any band that switches up their style as many times as they have are bound to have a couple of misses, but as a whole I think they are an innovative band that's very open to change, and almost always pulls it off.

I agree completely, and I think that is also their biggest strength. And the band is obviously talented, otherwise their discography wouldn't be so diverse, including LPU demo's etc. I also think their diversity is one of the reasons why I am able to be a fan for so many years now. I have been a 'fan' of certain bands for an album cycle and then basically lost my interest. But with LP I just know that even if I am not 100% convinced by the recent/current output, there is a wide discography available that can satisfy my musical needs in some way or an other and most stuff I am not really feeling grows on me over time. One More Light and it's sound would have happened sooner than later, so I am really not that suprised about it all. Whether we like the output so far or not, they still wanna push boundaries. Whether we like the ground they push themselves to is an other thing, but you can't say it is boring or that they are not talented or not innovative. I mean even though it is not really innovative soundwise on the current commercial landscape, it is creativily innovative on their part. They still had a hand in everything they do, even if they hired/brought in songwriters and producers. The same can't be said about a band like Maroon 5, who just dial their recordlabel to hit them up with the writing/productioncamp of Katy Perry and just fly Adam Levine in to lay down some vocals and some random demo singers to do the background vocals.

I agree completely, and I think that is also their biggest strength. And the band is obviously talented, otherwise their discography wouldn't be so diverse, including LPU demo's etc. I also think their diversity is one of the reasons why I am able to be a fan for so many years now. I have been a 'fan' of certain bands for an album cycle and then basically lost my interest. But with LP I just know that even if I am not 100% convinced by the recent/current output, there is a wide discography available that can satisfy my musical needs in some way or an other and most stuff I am not really feeling grows on me over time. One More Light and it's sound would have happened sooner than later, so I am really not that suprised about it all. Whether we like the output so far or not, they still wanna push boundaries. Whether we like the ground they push themselves to is an other thing, but you can't say it is boring or that they are not talented or not innovative. I mean even though it is not really innovative soundwise on the current commercial landscape, it is creativily innovative on their part. They still had a hand in everything they do, even if they hired/brought in songwriters and producers. The same can't be said about a band like Maroon 5, who just dial their recordlabel to hit them up with the writing/productioncamp of Katy Perry and just fly Adam Levine in to lay down some vocals and some random demo singers to do the background vocals.

Totally agree with you! +1

In my opinion the song isn't bad, but my least favourite from OML. First off, Mike seems to be trying to rap like somebody else, this doesn't seem to be like a way to rap Mike came up with. I like the first part of the chorus, but when "Good Goodbye, ooh Oooh" kicks in (almost like "Baby, baby ooh"), it's becoming generic and lame, especially considering the fact that songs for the album were written chord progression and vocals first. There's also a strange thing occuring, when Stormzy is apparently done with his verse, and then when Chester sings "So say goodbye and hit the roads", Stormzy gives off a sound between "goodbye" and "and", at around 2:56.