'Good Goodbye' Out Now!

RogueSoul

They'll be going in a new direction next album. Most people who are asking where that Meteora sound is, I'm SURE don't know that. They seem to feel like this is the first time they've ever switched gears. If you don't like this album, that's fine, just wait it out. They won't stay this way if history has taught us anything. As a matter of fact, RogueSoul literally predicted this direction 3 years ago. This wasn't just out of nowhere.

Also, their live shows will still be great. They'll still be playing all of those older songs, and these new ones will be played by the full band. It will have a different vibe live, I'm pretty sure.

Oh yeah for sure dude, and i respect that they need to creatively push themselves any way they know how - they sure aren't getting any younger. i guess I'm just a little sad reminiscing hahaha.

So far, the songs aren't trash as such - aren't great, but aren't bad. I can listen to them without cringing, which i know a lot of fans can't do. Interested to hear the album; i always will be as a solid fan.

yeah i can still imagine their live shows will kick ass - if they somehow manage to lose their live energy and lose that experience then some shit has gone downhill real quick!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in all honesty, everyone blows up cos they say 'they can't make the same shit like HT and meteora over and over' … but id kill for some more of that stuff to be honest, it'd be better than this pop stuff. I love every LP album there is, each of them differently, but i think this direction is abit too .. easy for them.

I think Wastelands will probably stay as the most HT/Meteora sounding song to be released after those albums

I think Wastelands will probably stay as the most HT/Meteora sounding song to be released after those albums

It would be LOST IN THE ECHO. Wastelands was cool the first month, after that, I'm not listening it anymore. HT/Meteora songs won't never get old, this is the main reason that they are good songs: so, who do remember Wastelands? or Wretches and Kings? Anybody, and LP know it.

It's also the reason that they play most of HT/Meteora songs on shows and less from after these.

Different isn't always good.

i put on the road to revolution dvd for my girlfriend last night, and she said holy fuck this is mad. I said yep, but its a shame because its no longer like this. the point being, it was such a refreshing look back in time… she was keen just from that to go see them live if they come back to Aus this year. Even the 2010 Madrid show, ATS had that LP quality.

in all honesty, everyone blows up cos they say 'they can't make the same shit like HT and meteora over and over' … but id kill for some more of that stuff to be honest, it'd be better than this pop stuff. I love every LP album there is, each of them differently, but i think this direction is abit too .. easy for them.

its not bad, but its not good. The best way to describe it is, its not as great as they can be.

and its a shame after waiting three years for new material to find out its music that basically fits right into the crowd - opinion or not, its a statement that rings true regardless of how much of a fan you are.

LP were made on how much they stood out (HT/MTM/ATS) - but now, they kind of just slide right into everything else thats out there. if i was at the gym and a pop playlist started, i wouldn't be able to differ between good goodbye or drake or any other of the thousand pop songs out there.

don't get me wrong, its not bad music to listen to on occasion, but its not really anything with any kind of meaning, and it sure as hell doesn't have the top notch linkin park quality - and thats where a lot of people are kind of disappointed i think.

And if you compare RTR with their shows at the Docklands Arena in Londen in 2001 or with RaR in 2004, RTR wasn't even that mad. However, if you compare it to tracks like BID and Heavy, you could even describe RTR as completely insane.

Sad. It's getting downwards. It has been like that for the last 10 years.

It would be LOST IN THE ECHO. Wastelands was cool the first month, after that, I'm not listening it anymore. HT/Meteora songs won't never get old, this is the main reason that they are good songs: so, who do remember Wastelands? or Wretches and Kings? Anybody, and LP know it.

It's also the reason that they play most of HT/Meteora songs on shows and less from after these.

Honestly. I'd take Wretches and Kings over a track like In the End or Numb. They have played those 2 songs so many f*cking times I'm somehow tired of them (unless they decided to play Enth E Nd again since 2006 but that's unlikely). I like their old stuff but anyone who absolutely denies that they haven't produced good quality songs after Meteora, especially for their live shows, they're lying to themselves.

And if you compare RTR with their shows at the Docklands Arena in Londen in 2001 or with RaR in 2004, RTR wasn't even that mad. However, if you compare it to tracks like BID and Heavy, you could even describe RTR as completely insane.

Sad. It's getting downwards. It has been like that for the last 10 years.

Different cicles, different music, different mindset. When I watch their House of Blues show in 2001 I don't think about RTR or Madrid 2010, I think about House of Blues, my mind it's on that place, that era. When I watch RTR or Madrid 2010, my mind is there, not at House of Blues or how "better" their shows were in the early days. Maybe I have this hability of knowing how and when to separate my feelings when I watch their shows, older or newer, I rarely think like this with other artists and bands.

Edited by KlaytonShinoda

I meant just by analyzing the music itself, which song is better or more remarkable is subjective. I personally think Wretches and Kings to be among their masterpieces. Wastelands would fit better in HT or Meteora than Lost in the Echo, because of the loud guitars and the riffing style, while LITE has a lot of synth layers, which wasn't very common back then.