Linkin Park Debuts "Heavy" (feat. Kiiara)

hahninator

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that won't happen again. Maybe a song here and there, like Wastelands etc. but not an entire album. Which is cool because I wouldn't want it to. I like that they continue to reinvent themselves.

Yes, I mean i enjoyed Lost in the Echo, Wastelands and stuff like that but a whole album... no please. The thing i always loved about LP is their fresh sound and honesly Mike saying that this new record won't contain screaming or heavy guitars and not much rapping makes me quite happy because it means we 'll get s/thing new.

Yes, I mean i enjoyed Lost in the Echo, Wastelands and stuff like that but a whole album... no please. The thing i always loved about LP is their fresh sound and honesly Mike saying that this new record won't contain screaming or heavy guitars and not much rapping makes me quite happy because it means we 'll get s/thing new.

Yes, I love the absence of screaming this time. I wouldn't mind some good rap verses though, but I'm eager to see how Mike's singing has improved

Well yes it is better, but Mike's voice sometimes suits certain tracks more than Chester's

Yes i love Chester sweet voice ( some of my favourite LP tracks don't include screaming e.g. COG, Final Masquerade, Catalyst, LOATR, BTH...) but i wanna see Mike' s improvement in singing. That BID bridge in the live streaming on facebook was awesome

shiiiiiit haven't checked into anything LP in years, this new track is just bland and generic... I'm actually all for slow songs as all my favourite LP songs are slow, My December is still my top track from them.

This is just so forgettable and boring.

Made me think of the line in "Step Up":

"Sounding like the only hip hop you’ve heard is top 40

And your record company is completely missing it"

Very disappointed, I don't have a problem with bands getting lighter, such as deftones, but I do have a problem with bands changing to sell more music. This is because this song will probably be more successful then the Hunting Party. Also, they are basically turning into straight pop, which I simply don't like. and people saying "linkin park always-changes" I don't see because they are not being innovative they are flat out selling out to get more radio play.

2/10

Edited by Hii915

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzEdZDnqd8U

At the end of this interview I believe

Thanks buddy! He didn't say there is no heavy guitars though, he said there isn't a lot of them. Him saying that this is one of the most diverse stylistically of their albums, makes me really excited. Would love to see them try something they've never touched before like jazz or blues. There's still a possibility that there will be at least one metal song on the album, but without screaming though.

Thanks buddy! He didn't say there is no heavy guitars though, he said there isn't a lot of them. Him saying that this is one of the most diverse stylistically of their albums, makes me really excited. Would love to see them try something they've never touched before like jazz or blues. There's still a possibility that there will be at least one metal song on the album, but without screaming though.

there're only two things I'm looking forward to: bongos and cowbells

Yes different is good, I mean my only complain t son Heavy are basically the lenght ( no intro) and the fact that Kiiara becomes a little too present in the song after the verse. I really like her verse And the armonies with Chaz ( And i drive myself Crazy ...) but the second chorus makes me cringe a bit because gives me the feeling of being in a Selena Gomez/ Miley Cyrus song for like 30 seconds

What drives me crazy is the fact that people calling them out for throwing away their real drums and their guitar but instead using these electronical drums. Like seriously, as if LP never used these E-Drums and almost no guitar before. But now they are getting hated for that, and these people now praise ATS as a masterpiece. I respect these opinons saying that they don't like this song and it is too poppy, but I think that with every opinion there should be some deep and good arguments.

I believe that the main problem is the big contrast between THP and this song/album. If LP released Heavy right after Living Things, people would say that LP was on the way to make this poppy stuff and you could foresee the direction they will take.

Also the interviews they did 3 years ago might be a big key for the hate they get.

What drives me crazy is the fact that people calling them out for throwing away their real drums and their guitar but instead using these electronical drums. Like seriously, as if LP never used these E-Drums and almost no guitar before. But now they are getting hated for that, and these people now praise ATS as a masterpiece. I respect these opinons saying that they don't like this song and it is too poppy, but I think that with every opinion there should be some deep and good arguments.

I believe that the main problem is the big contrast between THP and this song/album. If LP released Heavy right after Living Things, people would say that LP was on the way to make this poppy stuff and you could foresee the direction they will take.

Also the interviews they did 3 years ago might be a big key for the hate they get.

yeah it is an abrupt change from THP, but we all saw it coming over the course of last year.

I think it's time to let go of these haters who clearly don't know what they're talking about. Let them rage and complain all they want, they won't take away the love I have for this band

yeah it is an abrupt change from THP, but we all saw it coming over the course of last year.

I think it's time to let go of these haters who clearly don't know what they're talking about. Let them rage and complain all they want, they won't take away the love I have for this band

I completely agree with you. It will be a tough year for LP, but it will not stop them from playing the best shows ever !

They did so many pop song after the hunting party .

They did darker than blood, welcome, waiting for tomorrow and also mike did things in the jeep and like riding a bike

Edited by stich

They did so many pop song after the hunting party .

They did darker than blood, welcome, waiting for tomorrow and also mike did things in the jeep and like riding a bike

Those songs had nothing to do with LP. Those songs were features for other artist on their record but not on LP's. Guys should not put these songs and this record together in one bag

I think theres a common misconception between the fans at the moment, along with a little bit of butthurt.

saying you dislike or hate the song doesn't mean all of a sudden your a terrible person and stupid and ignorant because you only like certain albums and not this particular single?

in all honesty, it IS a bad song, and theres more than just one reason

its been three years since a release, or thereabouts anyway. whats disappointing #1, is that it took them three long ass years to pump THIS out. I've been a fan for over ten years, I've loved their experimentation, they push boundaries and yes they always say they can't be defined to one box. but theres a significant difference between pushing boundaries and making bad music. so #1 is: a long ass time to make something that goes for 2:45 and is very weak.

the song could have been made in a week and it sure sounds that way; drawn up, recorded and finalised in a week, and considering they haven't played live in over a year, it really hits home that its a b grade song, and they could've made it so much more … interesting and inviting.

#2 goes with kiiara actually making the song. imo, featured artists shouldn't determine that, they are guests on the song and should only be there to improve it by using a different twist ( e.g GATS) - but here, she sings in about half of it, outshines the lead singer and essentially takes over the song with great vocals almost entirely. regardless of how 'bad' or 'weak' chesters vocals in it are and whether or not they were like that for a reason, doesn't even matter because he's almost obsolete in the song. at the gym today, i listened to the song a lot and i just skipped to her parts, because, well, they're just better.

#3 yeah its pop. for mike to sit there and say 'i certainly wouldn't call it that,' seems abit hypocritical and ignorant. regardless of what the band and mike thinks, and how they harp on about not being put in a box, if you listen to pop radio, like what blasts out of the gym, it sure as fuck settles in nicely among the playlists.

they make music for an audience, but the audience/radio determines where that song is played …

if they want to go for a pop route, by all means - but make a GOOD LINKIN PARK pop song - not a song where a featured artist shits all over YOUR OWN song.

and finally number #4, tying in with number #1, is there is almost no emotive or creative backdrop. almost ALL lp songs you can connect to it somehow, memories or events or situations. past life experiences even.

heavy does not have this at all. I'm convinced that perhaps if chester vocals were strong and held the melody in the song, you might be able to sense that connection. thats whats disappointing. I'm sure a lot of fans would agree LP made music that helped you through your worst times, it did for me, and by being able to connect to it makes it exceptional.

but the lack of layering, creativity and emotive energy in this song is extremely discouraging.

yes the song is catchy, yes kiiara sounds awesome, and i appreciate without a doubt that the band wants to do whatever they want to do. theres no denying any of that.

taking a step back as a fan here and speaking objectively, its a weak song as a whole, thats catchy and will get air time.. thats about it.

but AS a fan, that respects them and loves them, and taking into account what was said above, I'm still disappointed.

What surprises me is that we still have the "RIP LINKIN PARK" brigade after all this time. I thought they'd all jumped ship after ATS. I don't even remember Burn It Down getting this much hate for being "pop garbage". I wonder what makes it different.

This song is getting more attention because of Kiiara being featured.

Other than that I don't know. BID did have a heavier (no pun intended) sound and a rap verse from Mike, but it's definitely in pop territory.

Also in reference to ATS, I'll never understand all the hate that album receives. ATS is a damn good album.

Also in reference to ATS, I'll never understand all the hate that album receives. ATS is a damn good album.

Oh yeah it's great. I don't think they've done anything better since then.

Amongst all the hate in the YouTube comments for Heavy there's one that says "I can't make Dragonball AMV with this. Wtf" gave me a little laugh