Soon: New Single To Feature Kiiara, Music Video To Be Shot Next Week, & More!

RogueSoul

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get me wrong, I love LP and they're still my favorite band, but I wish they would stop the bullshit of teasing everything they freaking do. If you have a song to share, just freaking post it. If you know the album release date/title, share it. I hate that they basically announce that they will make an announcement. They're a big act, no need to create hype for everything. /rant

Agreed. Yesterday's teasing on Instagram that lead to this stupid piano clip was just...pointless. I'm not satisfied with this.

I know is a lot earlier to say something, but in the board that contained some demo names, there was one called "Heavy". It fits with the possible lyrics and would be a name a little bit ironic to use, since the previous release were their heaviest to date and this album seems to be a softer one.

Edited by kiq fLP

I think these pictures were only posted in the shoutbox before:

2017_0201_10272_5601.jpeg

2017_0201_10272_5600.jpeg

The only difference between them is that one is more zoomed in.

Edit: Seeing them next to each other for the first time: it's not more zoomed in, but the format is a little bit different.

Edited by graveguard

I know is a lot earlier to say something, but in the board that contained some demo names, there was one called "Heavy". It fits with the possible lyrics and would be a name a little bit ironic to use, since the previous release were their heaviest to date and this album seems to be a softer one.

There was also a demo called Out Of Reach. And the URL is now linkinpark.com/o. Maybe they're adding letters with each new clip

Hype levels at an all time low. Been growing out of their music since THP. their output since 2012 has been too simplistic for me; no lasting appeal. HT, MTM, and ATS are all that I really care to go back to. I feel like they peaked with ATS. not one song since has matched the greatness of that album.

I'll check out the new music for sure and give it a chance but my expectations are low. Sad. Guess my tastes have changed far too much to stay behind with them.

Yeah I'd have to agree with this. Well, about their output since 2012. The songs haven't been great imo. I'm actually very curious to see where this goes though.

I'm excited! Although Kiiara is "mainstream", she's a talented musician with a talented voice. Linkin Park will never make another Hybrid Theory or Meteora, that's just the way bands progress. I'm glad they're doing what inspires them, that renders the best music. Let's keep it positive guys, LP knows what they're doing. :)

She's mainstream? I had never heard of her until the Chainsmokers tour was announced

She had a mainstream hit with "Gold", but she isn't a particularly huge name. Also, for the record, Linkin Park is "mainstream" as well, and they are also talented musicians. It's not very fair to imply that most mainstream artists are not talented lol.

So i listened to Feels first because LPA said it is more digestible, I didn't like it.

But then I listened to Gold and it's actually pretty good! Excited for whatever this song turns out to be :D

This thread is the first time i've ever heard of Kiiara.

It's funny, her tour with the chainsmokers got announced literally one day before this information came out.

I saw the post by LPL on facebook and was like, I literally just saw that name somewhere yesterday, and I double checked and was right. Crazy how things work haha

It's funny how I've seen the same haters saying they're done with LP every time they've released anything since QWERTY over a decade ago...yet the same people are still around. :lol:

With that said, Gold is literally the second-most annoying song I can think of that I've heard on the radio in the last few years. I could probably walk around Los Angeles for 5 minutes on a weekend evening and bump into a female "alt pop" singer I'd rather hear on an LP collaboration than Kiiara.

I'm starting to get a sense that this album is going to kind of come from the same place as the idea of collaborating with all those Warped Tour bands a couple years back - working with younger artists who cite LP as influences, except this time they're exploring the poppier side of their influence instead of rock bands. It's a great idea in theory, very well-intentioned and whatnot...the only problem is, as far as I've been able to tell, the majority of artists coming up these days who cite LP as an influence either sound incredibly derivative or just make plain terrible music.

Also, it's increasingly seeming like nearly every song on this record is going to be a collaboration of some sort, which begs the question of how they're going to play any of this stuff live, even more so than with the collaborations on The Hunting Party.

Honestly I've always thought more rock bands need to venture into having features on albums. I'd be all down for an LP album full of features but it could easily end at either extremes: very, very good or very mediocre.

But I have faith in this album

dude I want a metalcore/post-hardcore/experimental rock based album by LP so bad

That would turn out awful

I think it partially comes down to the fact that I hate female vocalists in general. I prefer male vocalists 100%.

This is something I can relate too but only to a degree

When it comes to rock music, there are very few female rock singers I enjoy to listen to. There is not a single female rapper I like and when it comes to country I like a lot of the less mainstream female females.

However, when it comes to pop music I think females are better. Some of my favorite voices of all time come from Pop female singers. Lauren Mayberry, Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift, Kina Grannis and Avril Lavigne would all be in my top 20 voices all time. Plus I could go on and on about all the other loads of wonderful pop singers like Lana Del Rey, Halsey, Melanie Martinez, Rihanna, P!nk, Michelle Branch, ect, ect.

So I'm glad that Linkin Park at least chose a pop singer in this case.

Except for rap, I'm the exact opposite. I usually don't want to hear guys sing.

Can you name me some good female rappers to check out?

Never have been impressed by a female rapper

Don't get me wrong, I love LP and they're still my favorite band, but I wish they would stop the bullshit of teasing everything they freaking do. If you have a song to share, just freaking post it. If you know the album release date/title, share it. I hate that they basically announce that they will make an announcement. They're a big act, no need to create hype for everything. /rant

People are so impatient these days

Just leave the internet and pretend like there is no teasing. Come back in 8 days after the teasers or done or come back in 10 days in conjunction with the rumored song date.

I found the Red Hot Chili Pepper symbol in the source code :blink:

2016_0611_10286_4052.png

Those are the wrong colors for their logo.

Their logo is also very basic and this could literally be anything

Will say it again: the piano melody is extremely similar to ''Video Games'' by Lana del Rey.

As someone else said I think it sounds like "Goner" by Twenty One Pilots