Soon: New Single To Feature Kiiara, Music Video To Be Shot Next Week, & More!

RogueSoul

If this album has a Dark Crystal vibe, I'd Love this album, as it's my favorite LPU16 demo, I could actually see that dark beat vibe happening.

I'd also go for it, I think it's a good idea. People shouldn't think they will go "full pop" or whatever, come on, it's Linkin Park, they like to mix things up. Even A thousand suns had some audible guitars, and we saw many pictures of them playing guitar in the studio this time. It's not gonna be "pop".

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd also go for it, I think it's a good idea. People shouldn't think they will go "full pop" or whatever, come on, it's Linkin Park, they like to mix things up. Even A thousand suns had some audible guitars, and we saw many pictures of them playing guitar in the studio this time. It's not gonna be "pop".

I think it'll have a pop rock vibe. And yes, we did, It's too early to jump to conclusions, It won't be full synthesizers like Recharged was (Hell I even enjoyed that)

It's funny how I've seen the same haters saying they're done with LP every time they've released anything since QWERTY over a decade ago...yet the same people are still around. :lol:

With that said, Gold is literally the second-most annoying song I can think of that I've heard on the radio in the last few years. I could probably walk around Los Angeles for 5 minutes on a weekend evening and bump into a female "alt pop" singer I'd rather hear on an LP collaboration than Kiiara.

I'm starting to get a sense that this album is going to kind of come from the same place as the idea of collaborating with all those Warped Tour bands a couple years back - working with younger artists who cite LP as influences, except this time they're exploring the poppier side of their influence instead of rock bands. It's a great idea in theory, very well-intentioned and whatnot...the only problem is, as far as I've been able to tell, the majority of artists coming up these days who cite LP as an influence either sound incredibly derivative or just make plain terrible music.

Also, it's increasingly seeming like nearly every song on this record is going to be a collaboration of some sort, which begs the question of how they're going to play any of this stuff live, even more so than with the collaborations on The Hunting Party.

I have to say that I'm done with LP years ago, but it's not because of the music they've been doing lately, some songs are great and some not but In my particular case I think that LP stopped being interested in me as main music, I have many more musical tastes now, I make my own music too, I like so mucho other bands so this time to me the release of a new album is very different, I don't care how long I will wait to hear new LP music, or the new single, if comes now great but if comes in 2 months it's great too, I'm not dying for a new single anymore, this is not about if the new album will be pop or electronic, or dance or whatever, is more about my musical tastes in the present.

It's funny how I've seen the same haters saying they're done with LP every time they've released anything since QWERTY over a decade ago...yet the same people are still around. :lol:

With that said, Gold is literally the second-most annoying song I can think of that I've heard on the radio in the last few years. I could probably walk around Los Angeles for 5 minutes on a weekend evening and bump into a female "alt pop" singer I'd rather hear on an LP collaboration than Kiiara.

I'm starting to get a sense that this album is going to kind of come from the same place as the idea of collaborating with all those Warped Tour bands a couple years back - working with younger artists who cite LP as influences, except this time they're exploring the poppier side of their influence instead of rock bands. It's a great idea in theory, very well-intentioned and whatnot...the only problem is, as far as I've been able to tell, the majority of artists coming up these days who cite LP as an influence either sound incredibly derivative or just make plain terrible music.

Also, it's increasingly seeming like nearly every song on this record is going to be a collaboration of some sort, which begs the question of how they're going to play any of this stuff live, even more so than with the collaborations on The Hunting Party.

I don't think all those collaborators contributed with vocals, maybe it was just writing lyrics and melody, or even working on harmony or something. Like, they played Rebellion even without Daron. But they've been leaving half of the album without playing since Living Things anyway, which is sad.

Edited by Kilmer

Astat, what's the first most annoying? I'm sorry I just got curious after reading your post lol.

Blood in the Cut by K.Flay. She's 31 years old and writes/sounds like she's 13. :lol:

I actually thought Closer was a good tune, btw. I love Halsey, indifferent to the Chainsmokers though.

They just updated the page so you can imagine what's the video is going to be about:

Chester of Linkin Park STUNTMAN or FIGHTER Lookalike/Double Linkin Park ft. Kiiara Music Video Music Video 425 + 175 SAG Buyout Other 02/1/2017 Male / Caucasian / 32 - 45 /

Looking for someone to match Chester from Linkin Park as closely as possible! 5 ft 10, 150 lbs, Waist 30. Please note your measurements! Let's see some good actors here. This is a really fun project. You'll be mimicking his movements! This is not a stand in, you will be in the video.SUBMIT IF YOU ARE A STUNT MAN OR FIGHTER (Martial arts, etc) and can look GREAT in a fight scene!

So Chester will kick some ass in the new video haha

I love Blood in the Cut, and I hope she is on this album. I can choose MANY artists that are more annoying than K. Flay, please.

Quite possibly the most embarrassingly juvenile lyric ever written by a woman in her 30s and a nails-on-a-chalkboard vocal delivery on top of that, but okay. Oh, and the "Look Mom, I just learned the E minor pentatonic scale!" guitar riff is cheesy as hell too. At least it's got a decent beat?

Edited by Astat

Quite possibly the most embarrassingly juvenile lyric ever written by a woman in her 30s and a nails-on-a-chalkboard vocal delivery on top of that, but okay. Oh, and the "Look Mom, I just learned the E minor pentatonic scale!" guitar riff is cheesy as hell too. At least it's got a decent beat?

Lol Astat. I just dig the song, man lol.

I'm away for just a few hours and the entire fanbase explodes haha

I'm reallly curious now what the music will sound like. I don't see LP going with that poppy trap style from Kiiara yet.
Also, was it confirmed that Chester and Mike actually shared music at the iHeart / Warner conference?

Why do so many of you think this is going to be a bad album or that it's going to be pop? Maybe they are just incomporating more pop elements into their music, it may turn out to be everything from a metalcore to a hip hop album. Maybe this album will be a second MTM, where there are a few heavy songs, and the rest is more pop/rock oriented. Or maybe it'll be something similar to ATS or LT. Who knows maybe the album will consist mostly of songs like Things In my Jeep and Blackout, where instrumentally it's mostly pop/electronic oriented with some screaming vocals.

get hyped!

ok, I'll obey you!

Why do so many of you think this is going to be a bad album or that it's going to be pop? Maybe they are just incomporating more pop elements into their music, it may turn out to be everything from a metalcore to a hip hop album. Maybe this album will be a second MTM, where there are a few heavy songs, and the rest is more pop/rock oriented. Or maybe it'll be something similar to ATS or LT. Who knows maybe the album will consist mostly of songs like Things In my Jeep and Blackout, where instrumentally it's mostly pop/electronic oriented with some screaming vocals.

ok, I'll obey you!

This! People are jumping to conclusions too fast

I realized that LP will probably only play this song with Kiango once and after that they will probably play it themselves on tour like they did with GATS and Rebellion. And that's calmed me down, since I only listen to LP live anyways.