Interview with the Founders

Skipees

Today's special isn't Pictureboard, neither is it a Projekt Revolution 2002 proshot. Today is about four fellas who collaborated very long ago and brought their unique abilities togther to create something better.

Aside from their general qualities, each of them has a special power: one of them has the abillity to lead a group of people for one cause, the second is the brain behind a lot of features, the third is very trained with using force, and the fourth one is a funny guy that always smile and makes people feel great.

No; today isn't about the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Today is about the founders of the site, about how it all started, and why it's still going. As the second special for the LPLive X celebration we present you a special interview with the site's founders. We've never done a mutual interview before, so it's a bit long.

lplive2.jpg
(3 LPLive founders in the middle from left to right: Dmitry, Jonas, Mark
Photo: Holmdel, NJ 2014, Carnivores Tour)

This interview will take you on a trip through the infrastructure of the site, the ideas and the moments that brought us here today, the perspectives and the feelings that are the result of 10 years of maintaining the site.

Read it here:
http://lplive.net/interviews/lplx

And don't forget to come back here and share your thoughts. We look forward to seeing you tomorrow for day three!

I too remember how the site went batshit insane over She Couldn't, with ATS's leak a close second in madness.

Thanks for all your hard work over the years, and here's to at least 10 more!!!

I've been a member of this site pretty much since the very beginning and the site has pretty much gone batshit at every main album leak so far, not just ATS. It's my favorite time to be on the forum, so I second what you're saying. B )

Anyways, thank you LPL for being the best fansite of Linkin Park to ever exist, IMO. I know that 98% of the people on this forum dislike or hate me, but it's justified, for sure. I honestly do appreciate literally everything you guys have done for the LP community as a whole more than anything. You guys have released some of the coolest exclusives over the years and also provide so much good information about literally everything the band does, as well as side projects and everything else. I really feel like LPL has shaped the Linkin Park fanbase in general since it's inception or shortly after and that's incredible for a fansite to do, IMO. Mark, Jonas and Dmitry are like the gods of the LP fanbase to me, it was cool that I got to meet those guys over the years even if it wasn't for long. Got to meet Dmitry at Holmdel 2014 and I thought he was really a cool person and I've met Mark and Jonas at several shows over the years. I also like a lot of the LPL members like Astat, Soul, UnpopularOpinionPuffin, Skipees, Wilderness, Jen, JZE, joe_lp, xxHybridXeroxx, LPxDC, Papelbon and so many other members over the years. I think the best fans of the band are right here on LPL. So thank you for the past 10 years and I hope LPL remains on top forever to come.

Edited by DarkChester

Thanks for the kind words and especially to Skipees who made this whole thing happen. In 10 years, we've never had a big interview with the whole staff. I enjoyed reading everyones responses and it's great to see the different perspectives and stories about the site.

Dmitry's one sentence made me laugh out loud.

Thanks a lot for your kind words, guys. Great interview.

I'm here since the very beginning as well. Thanks to Serg, I then became an admin sometime around mid-2007, I think. I was on and off with my LPLive duties for a few years due to my commitments to BelowEmpty.com, but when my two worlds had finally collided and Chester joined STP as their frontman I decided I belong here more that anywhere else.

Shed a tear while reading this. It might be because I was glued to the screen for an hour, but it surely was because of how amazing it is to look back and be able to see how much you've achieved and evolved, how much determination and hard work you've all put on the site for so many years. Thank you for sharing some of your behind-the-scene work. It kinda reminds me of what the guys in the band do - they make sure to share everything with us first. Most of us just get to see the final product and not the path that led to that, which is why I always love to hear stories like this. 10 years is a big time, here's to many, many more! Keep up the great work, guys!

Beautiful...

I completely understand the effort you need to put on a website like this, 'cause I also had a LP fan site, too. It takes a lot of time to get everything to the perfect level. And it really is a disaster if you lose a lot of data!

I remember in early 2015 my website provider's servers broke and I lost all of the awesome posts from 2014, which was so fucking terrible, because THP got released back then and there were a lot of great contents and news that I posted. Anyways, if you wanna do something like this, you have to accept the risks, too.

Thank you LPLive founders for creating such an awesome place for LP fans.

Edited by NimaLP

Fantastic interviews with everyone. I sadly can't say that I've been here since the very beginning (joined up during the 08 winter tour) but I think I've been here long enough to truly appreciate how much this site has changed and grown over the years. The fact that it's been around an entire decade is just crazy to think about. I've made some great friends here too, like Mark, Jonas, and Preston. Here's to many more years, many more shows, many more exclusives, many more album discussions, and all of that good stuff. A lot of us have gone on to other things and other bands but I love seeing everyone come back together once a new album starts to come around. I remember being just twelve years old and being elated that I had found a community who loved Linkin Park just as much as I did. I'm twenty-three now and for whatever reason I still love this band just as much and apparently so do plenty of other people. Thanks for tons of great memories LPLive. I'm looking forward to what the future holds.

I read the whole interview, it was a very pleasant experience, but I felt a little bit like it lacked something. I would like to know more about you, the creators, I would like to know what do you do for living etc. But that was a really great interview.

I think it would be cool if you would show some screenshots of the older versions of the site, majority of the members hasn't been members since the begining of the site. A video showing the evolution of LPL would be awesome.

Who did the interview? And did everyone answer invidually? cause some answers were almost repeated.

Anyways, thank you LPL for being the best fansite of Linkin Park to ever exist, IMO. I know that 98% of the people on this forum dislike or hate me, but it's justified, for sure.

Geki?

Really interesting read. I don't post much, but I've been a member here for a really long time, and am glad to be a part of this community. Thank you for such hard work you guys have put in for all of us fans, and congratulations on the 10 year anniversary.