Confirmed: Chester has quit Stone Temple Pilots

LESTAT

Because we can still enjoy Chester with other bands. A huge draw for many fans of LP is Chester, hell a lot of people that hate LP love him. He's a great singer and one of the best of our generation.

What STP had was a pretty special thing. Really great vibes and concerts. Chester was obviously happy with the change of pace and being able to play clubs again. He said the Birmingham show was one of his favorite concerts of all time. It's his favorite music and favorite band, of course he loved it. That's no knock on LP either, he obviously cares deeply for LP which is why he made the decision. It's just sad that someone has to quit their favorite band just because LP couldn't hold on a few months to record a new album. It's almost never that something this interesting in music happens - a singer from a huge band that loves the smaller band joins the smaller band because he's such a fan of it.

It was cool seeing him rock out so much with STP. When it all comes down to it, I probably even prefer him singing in a true rock band over LP's "every genre" style. He's a natural rock star, I'd much rather see him sing Down or something than Castle of Dance, etc.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't particularly care since I don't like STP but I can't say I'm surprised. While I'm glad Chester had the chance to be part of a band that he loved growing up, from the very beginning it seemed like it was going to be a tough job to sing in two big bands. Basically, the only way to make it work is by doing what, for example, Corey Taylor does. When Slipknot is recording/touring, Stone Sour is completely on hold and vice versa.vIt just didn't seem like LP was going to stop at any point considering they've been in such a non-stop creative mood since 2010. After all, like Weiland put it with different words, LP is what allows Chester to pay the bills. Now let's hope he will put all that creative energy into LP7.

Because we can still enjoy Chester with other bands. A huge draw for many fans of LP is Chester, hell a lot of people that hate LP love him. He's a great singer and one of the best of our generation.

What STP had was a pretty special thing. Really great vibes and concerts. Chester was obviously happy with the change of pace and being able to play clubs again. He said the Birmingham show was one of his favorite concerts of all time. It's his favorite music and favorite band, of course he loved it. That's no knock on LP either, he obviously cares deeply for LP which is why he made the decision. It's just sad that someone has to quit their favorite band just because LP couldn't hold on a few months to record a new album. It's almost never that something this interesting in music happens - a singer from a huge band that loves the smaller band joins the smaller band because he's such a fan of it.

It was cool seeing him rock out so much with STP. When it all comes down to it, I probably even prefer him singing in a true rock band over LP's "every genre" style. He's a natural rock star, I'd much rather see him sing Down or something than Castle of Dance, etc.

Ouch... Thought LP was a passion of yours.

The name of this site should be changed to www.lphaters.net

Well, Chester is my favorite singer, but that doesn't mean that I enjoyed the music he made with STP. I just didn't care for the style of their music that much. With that being said, I hope LP7 showcases a new range from his voice that we haven't heard yet. I would love for them to push it as much as possible into new territory.

Why is everyone still talking about this when we have LP7 coming next year and LPU15 coming this month?? I thought more people would be excited like me.

Because this is great news for future LP stuff.

STP sucks and hardly anyone cares about them and that's why Chester left. To concentrate on bigger and better things.

Because this is great news for future LP stuff.

STP sucks and hardly anyone cares about them and that's why Chester left. To concentrate on bigger and better things.

Wtf are you blabbing about? I honestly don't understand such stupid mentalities like this one. Its clear from the message that Chester did this for his Wife and kids. Linkin Park will of course be a given because its where he began. If he had more time on his hands, there is no doubt he'd go back to STP.

This isn't about concentrating on "bigger and better" things. This is about putting his family first so that he doesn't slip away from them. We've seen that while he spent time recording and performing with STP, Chester and the rest of LP still managed to put out The Hunting Party, Mall Soundtrack, Download fest audio, an amazing tour for THP, etc etc.

Him stating that he'll put 100% effort is only because he's essentially been forced to part ways with STP. Its clear that whether he's there now or later, the final product will come out as intended.

Wtf are you blabbing about? I honestly don't understand such stupid mentalities like this one. Its clear from the message that Chester did this for his Wife and kids. Linkin Park will of course be a given because its where he began. If he had more time on his hands, there is no doubt he'd go back to STP.

This isn't about concentrating on "bigger and better" things. This is about putting his family first so that he doesn't slip away from them. We've seen that while he spent time recording and performing with STP, Chester and the rest of LP still managed to put out The Hunting Party, Mall Soundtrack, Download fest audio, an amazing tour for THP, etc etc.

Him stating that he'll put 100% effort is only because he's essentially been forced to part ways with STP. Its clear that whether he's there now or later, the final product will come out as intended.

The thing that pisses me the fuck off the most about all of this is the lack of people understanding WHY Chester left STP. He has 6 kids, a wife. He is in Linkin Park, one of the biggest bands in the world. Why the fuck would they have to ''slow down'' for one of many Chester's side projects??? They didn't slow down when he was doing DBS. They didn't slow down when he was doing BOW. They didn't slow down when he was doing shit with Camp Freddy. They didn't slow down when Grey Daze wanted to do a reunion show. Chester said from the get go in 2013 that he will never leave LP and LP will always come first because it's the most important thing to him in his life besides his family. Obviously he wanted to leave STP, or he wouldn't have done it. He wasn't forced. He made the call and every single person here should respect that from him. STP was cool, yes, but it wasn't ''better'' than LP. Not even sure why people have to compare in the first place, because they are two totally different bands who have literally nothing to do with each other. But when people are gonna compared it, saying its better than LP, fuck yeah I'm going to speak my mind about my love for LP. Get over it. This was obviously a decision he had to make and he made his choice, respect him enough for that. It's not only about what the fans want. He is only human and will be 40 next year, and he has a big family that he loves and wants to spend time with, what the fuck is wrong with that? We should be lucky that LP even does what they do touring so much and giving us music. LP fans are so ungrateful and disrespectful sometimes.

And yeah, Mike and the rest of LP can write music without Chester if they need to. But what if Chester WANTS to be part of it? He loves LP, he should be able to make music with them whenever he wants to. It's not a fans decision what he does. And the MALL soundtrack was largely already recorded and Chester didn't need to be the head creative for that anyways, it was Joe's project. The HT show being released last year, that has nothing to do with Chester or anyone in the band really, that's Ethan Mates mixing it and the band releasing it online for us. LPU demos are already recorded years ago, that's all Mike just picking which demos he wants to share and putting them out. Your argument is basically invalid.

Did anybody even read Chester's official statement besides? Because if you did, you should probably understand why he left, it's very understandable.

I genuinely feel bad for people like NumbRocker, because I know she was a huge fan of STP. But still, it was going to end eventually. The way I view it is be happy that it happened, not unhappy that it ended. All good things must come to an end eventually

Edited by Tako

Bad year for LP fans wanting new content. Same tired old set lists, FM tease and then nothing, no STP album.

Hmm, I wouldn't call the first Fort Minor song and amazing shows in a long time, nothing. Pretty happy with this for an "off" year. Next year we have a new album.

I remember seeing some footage of when LP was recording THP, Chester jokingly said something along the lines of "All I do is sleep and they wake me up when they need me to sing". It makes me believe that he wasn't able to fully contribute to the writing process as much as he usually does since he was doing a lot of extensive touring with STP at that time.

Maybe this time around, Chester wants to contribute more to LP7 then he did to THP. I don't really see why there needs to be so much argument about it lol.

It's a shame he couldn't do it all but I can't believe he juggled all of that for as long as he did. 2 bands and a huge family has to be incredibly difficult, even if he loves STP. Good for him to make a decision before it burnt him out. I'm sure it's not the end of Chester and STP though, I can see him playing random shows every once in a while when he has downtime. I just wish I could have seen them live, I seem to regret that more and more.

and I respect Chester's decision. As someone who doesn't listen to STP, I'm not excited he left, and I find it strange anyone would be happy he quit doing something he loves.

Everyone is respecting his decision and I prefer he quits STP than LP ofc, we are just saying that it's kinda sad/shame that he left the band because we really were diggin their new stuff. (would go to a show of them in Europe and mostly cause Chester). And all that bitchin on the third page for no reason ... but that's an opinion.

I won't talk about FM, not the right place.

Edited by RhinePT

You seem to imply that LP somehow pressured Chester to leave and I think that's a bit unfair seeing that he always had the support from the other band members.