Confirmed: Chester has quit Stone Temple Pilots

LESTAT

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok after talking with LESTAT in private, his source checks out. Otherwise I'd say Scott is bullshitting or these are just false rumors, especially coming from Weiland (who is 100% still on massive drugs).

Unfortunately, as much as I don't want to believe this, it appears to be true. I'm quite disappointed as I was enjoying Chester more in STP than in LP the past two years. I saw LP about 20~ times on this touring cycle and was pretty let down with their consistent setlists, lack of energy and lack of talking to the crowd, and thoroughly enjoyed STP more. The two best LP shows on the touring cycle that I saw were Orlando and Nashville. Chester was sounding BETTER than he had since at least 2008-2009, and LP had so much more energy up there than Carnivores for some reason. Badass shows.

It's no secret that Chester was enjoying being on stage with STP a little more recently, even though he likes LP a lot. That's not a slap in LP's face or anything, it's just that STP was his favorite band growing up and you can tell how happy he is on stage with STP, whereas he's on the micstand all show with LP and rarely talks to the crowd. He's actively engaging the crowd at STP.

What a truly disappointing day.

Ok after talking with LESTAT in private, his source checks out. Otherwise I'd say Scott is bullshitting or these are just false rumors, especially coming from Weiland (who is 100% still on massive drugs).

Unfortunately, as much as I don't want to believe this, it appears to be true. I'm quite disappointed as I was enjoying Chester more in STP than in LP the past two years. I saw LP about 20~ times on this touring cycle and was pretty let down with their consistent setlists, lack of energy and lack of talking to the crowd, and thoroughly enjoyed STP more. The two best LP shows on the touring cycle that I saw were Orlando and Nashville. Chester was sounding BETTER than he had since at least 2008-2009, and LP had so much more energy up there than Carnivores for some reason. Badass shows.

It's no secret that Chester was enjoying being on stage with STP a little more recently, even though he likes LP a lot. That's not a slap in LP's face or anything, it's just that STP was his favorite band growing up and you can tell how happy he is on stage with STP, whereas he's on the micstand all show with LP and rarely talks to the crowd. He's actively engaging the crowd at STP.

What a truly disappointing day.

I'm sorry that you feel disappointed, but you have to think of Chester. Chester wants to spend time with his family and focus on Linkin Park. I'm sure Chester wouldn't leave STP if he didn't want to. It's his choice. I know it's hard to understand from a fan's perspective, but if you think about Chester, he probably just misses his family and wants to be with them. That's understandable. Chester is a good guy. He's a good Dad and he just wants to be a good person and rock out with Linkin Park for now. I don't agree about him having more energy on stage. In 2013, he had a lot of energy with STP. But this year, he definitely seems to have been having a blast with LP on stage. Just listen to any recording from LP recently. And 2014 was a pretty good year for LP as well. Even before Chester had joined STP, back in 2011 and 2012, etc. he has not had the same energy on stage as he did when he was younger. He will be 40 years old next year. LP also has a lot of music that isn't ''high energy'', he isn't gonna rock out on every song because not every song calls for that. STP makes only rock songs, so it's only natural, plus he loved STP growing up so it was probably fun for him. Don't be so hard on the guy. The LP album next year will be great and the awesome shows will start once again, this is just a down period for LP.

I'm sorry that you feel disappointed, but you have to think of Chester. Chester wants to spend time with his family and focus on Linkin Park. I'm sure Chester wouldn't leave STP if he didn't want to. It's his choice. I know it's hard to understand from a fan's perspective, but if you think about Chester, he probably just misses his family and wants to be with them. That's understandable. Chester is a good guy. He's a good Dad and he just wants to be a good person and rock out with Linkin Park for now. I don't agree about him having more energy on stage. In 2013, he had a lot of energy with STP. But this year, he definitely seems to have been having a blast with LP on stage. Just listen to any recording from LP recently. And 2014 was a pretty good year for LP as well. Even before Chester had joined STP, back in 2011 and 2012, etc. he has not had the same energy on stage as he did when he was younger. He will be 40 years old next year. LP also has a lot of music that isn't ''high energy'', he isn't gonna rock out on every song because not every song calls for that. STP makes only rock songs, so it's only natural, plus he loved STP growing up so it was probably fun for him. Don't be so hard on the guy. The LP album next year will be great and the awesome shows will start once again, this is just a down period for LP.

I agree Chester's energy has been great with lp and he has only stud at mic stand for few songs not whole set. Remember the dude is married and probably hasn't had much time with fam and if ya wife ain't happy he is gonna do something about it. I did like Chester with stp but bit of me is happy he has left as I want Chester to be 100% focused on lp and there new album so in long run I think this is for best Edited by HAARP

What's possible in the wake of the most recent update that says that apparently they were already looking for a replacement for Chester at least in August is that Chester's possible presence on Kimmel doesn't mean anything now. The band has played 11 shows with Chester since August and I wouldn't be surprised if he is still there for the Kimmel appearance as well.

What's possible in the wake of the most recent update that says that apparently they were already looking for a replacement for Chester at least in August is that Chester's possible presence on Kimmel doesn't mean anything now. The band has played 11 shows with Chester since August and I wouldn't be surprised if he is still there for the Kimmel appearance as well.

Yeah, if this all started before the September shows, I feel like it must be a gradual thing that's still unresolved. Maybe they've decided to think of Chester as more of a short-term solution and they want someone who isn't tied up with another band? They could still be doing shows with Chester in the interim while they're still looking for someone else.

Sucks. STP with Chester has been more enjoyable than LP for me lately. I agree with Mark. For me LP has been going through the motions. Chester always gives 100%, but it was nice to see Eric, Dean, and Rob all smiling and interacting with the crowd. It is still blowing my mind because the show in September was so good. Kills me that they never released the album.

I guess I hope that LP steps it up. The shirt nonsense hasn't helped, and I'll miss being able to see Chester in an intimate venue for only $40-50. You have no idea what you missed if you didn't go to a show!

Also bless you Astat for the little ray of hope. I really hope they do another show, even if it's a goodbye show.

When Pat Smear left Foo Fighters (and later returned) in 1997, he played some songs with the band and then announced that he was leaving and handed it off to his replacement IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SHOW. Things like this have happened before where the band and musicians have known about a departure in the future and planned ahead for it. I think Chester may still be with them on Kimmel.

Horrible. They've known about this for months and just played the tour acting like things were perfectly fine. This is all so crazy. They wanted the album out in September but gave zero updates in September on the album. Then they told fans they had no info on new music. Damn. Chester even played with them two weeks ago.

I wish they had told us, I would have seen more shows.

Better not be true. High Rise was better than anything LP has put out in the last decade.

I'm all for everyone being entitled to their opinion, but... C'mon, you're saying that 5 song EP was better than A Thousand Suns, The Hunting Party, etc.? For some reason I can't take it serious. STP was good with Chester but obviously Chester really wants to be with his family and focus on LP, he has made the call and I respect it. Good to have a final confirmation now, though. You guys who saw him with STP will have good memories, but the ones who didn't won't know what it was like I guess.

You have no idea what you missed if you didn't go to a show!

This can't be exaggerated enough. I saw them back in April and I can hands down say that's in my top 3 favorite shows of all time. The energy coming from that performance was unreal. The crowd I was surrounded by was amazing too. They were there for the music, whether Chester was singing it or Scott. Everything was perfect. If you missed the opportunity, it really is a big shame.

Happy about this. I think there are main reasons he has left. Either stp wanted more time from him so said be better if they find someone els or as he mentioned family, with time he is away and not at home bet his wife gets pissed so if she isn't happy Chester would try and fix it. From the way they have been testing different singers I'm guessing stp made the decision to axe Chester

Edited by HAARP

Why is everyone still talking about this when we have LP7 coming next year and LPU15 coming this month?? I thought more people would be excited like me.

Maybe because LP isn't that interesting right now, they released THP last year and THP is still "fresh" and new, it's too early for LP7. LP7 will be out mid-2016, it's still more than half a year.

What a sad news, I was waiting for EU tour, for their album since 2013. And what? Nothing!

Why is everyone still talking about this when we have LP7 coming next year and LPU15 coming this month?? I thought more people would be excited like me.

Is exciting to have more LP coming, but at the same time I want to experience STP with Chester in a small venue here in Europe