New Music: Final Masquerade (Acoustic)

rahulsethi

The band has just released a new, acoustic version of their single from The Hunting Party, 'Final Masquerade'!

While the band has performed it acoustically at various LPU Summits (Darien Center and Woodlands), this is a brand new version featuring a duet between Mike and Chester and a new guitar line than previous performances. Download the new version of 'Final Masquerade' here!

Mike on his blog stated, "Hey everyone, We made something cool the other day, and we wanted you to have it. Here’s a special unreleased acoustic version of Final Masquerade. Stripping it down to bare bones brought the sentiment of the song right to the surface. Thanks for all your support over the past couple months – we hope you enjoy the song." Brad added on linkinpark.com, "In this stripped-down intimate version, the words and storytelling lead the way. I loved working on this special recording of "Final Masquerade", and we're excited to share it with our fans."

What do you think of this new take on the song? It adds a new story-telling vibe to the already beautiful song, in my opinion. It's also a treat to hear Mike singing the song!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...I have no idea where the hell people are getting that this was recorded at the Machine Shop acoustic show, but this is CLEARLY not a live recording. Mike harmonizes with himself at numerous points in this. This is 100% a re-recorded studio version.

Do you know that Phoenix played the cello part, or are you just assuming?

Almost the entire first post in this thread is one giant assumption.

Edited by Astat