Linkin Park x Steve Aoki - "Darker Than Blood"

lpliveusername

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news. I can't wait. LT is my favorite LP album and this sounds very similar to it, most likely because it was created during the LT era, but still.

Edited by Geki

I'm looking forward to see how the studio version will sound. I like the live version so far, and I can't wait to see how Aoki's original drops will sound, since I really don't like the live version's drops. Considering the vocals and the instrumental other than the drops,I belive it can be a great song.

It was made after the LT era.

Not a fan of this type of stuff. LP nailed ATS, but the Aoki stuff is terrible.

Geki you said your favorite LP album was MTM, you've said this over 1,000,000 times.

Ok, you got me. MTM has been my favorite album since I first heard it in 2007. :P

Edited by Geki

Five minutes, huh? Already longer than 90% of LP's discography. :P

Seriously, though. That makes me more excited. Maybe there will be more vocals after all. But that cover art is not good.

Edited by CASTIELOFSASSEXPERIENCE

Five minutes, huh? Already longer than 90% of LP's discography. :P

Have you listened to MTM, ATS or THP? Because those all have songs over the 5 minute mark. Several on each album, actually. The time length shouldn't matter on a song anyways as long as it's a good song, but yeah.

Edited by Geki

Have you listened to MTM, ATS or THP? Because those all have songs over the 5 minute mark. Several on each album, actually. The time length shouldn't matter on a song anyways as long as it's a good song, but yeah.

Joking. And, besides, most of the songs on those albums still fall in the 3-4 minute mark.

Have you listened to LT? It has no song that is longer than 5 minutes. MTM and ATS have one song each that is longer than 5 minutes. Only THP has 3 songs that are longer than 5 minutes.

I pretty much agree with the last sentence in your post, but very often when a song is long (especially when it comes to LP) it means that it's progressive.

Right now, this place is the complete opposite of LPA. They are bashing every aspect of this song. At least you guys aren't jumping on the hate bandwagon off the bat.

I'm sticking on this train for now, lol :wub: #TeamLPL

Edited by Broman

Right now, this place is the complete opposite of LPA. They are bashing every aspect of this song. At least you guys aren't jumping on the hate bandwagon off the bat.

I'm sticking on this train for now, lol :wub: #TeamLPL

That's strange considering that the song isn't out yet and we've only heard a very small section of the song in low quality. Of coarse they hate it, it's not ATS. And this is so the LP fan base, they hate on anything and everything, especially if it's something different sounding or whatever.

The LP fan base, they hate on anything and everything, especially if it's something different sounding or whatever.

You're right, and to me it's ironic that anyone who considers themselves an LP fan would take that stance and be so close minded, as LP are constantly exploring new styles and sounds.

I like what we've heard of Darker Than Blood so far, and I'm all for them branching out and doing different things.

All respect to LPA but their opinions to me are very strange since they are like, a headquarters for the hate on Meteora, which I consider easily the band's best work of all of the albums....

lol ^that's probably going to be someone's signature quote now. But fuck it I love Meteora, Cumulus, and all the demos from that era. What an epic, jammy, loud sound. Wall of guitar exploding.

Not taking anything away from ATS though, because MTM and ATS were pretty impressive.

With that said, I agree with them on this and think this song is garbage. But that's just me - if you love it that's great. LP makes music in all genres. You don't have to love them all. I'll take my No More Sorrow live recording and go sit in the corner and jam :P