Linkin Park x Steve Aoki - "Darker Than Blood"

lpliveusername

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With that said, I agree with them on this and think this song is garbage. But that's just me - if you love it that's great. LP makes music in all genres. You don't have to love them all. I'll take my No More Sorrow live recording and go sit in the corner and jam :P

I'm surprised that the owner of LPL is judging a song without listening to the final product, I expect this from any close minded fan, but not from you.

I'm surprised that the owner of LPL is judging a song without listening to the final product, I expect this from any close minded fan, but not from you.

Well considering I thought ALTNC was downright pathetic and the videos I've seen of this song live are even worse, I don't feel like that's a close minded thing to do. It's not like Mike and Chester's parts change in the song. They'll sound the same. Of course it's a bit longer but it's not like it's going to be a rock song or something.

Well considering I thought ALTNC was downright pathetic and the videos I've seen of this song live are even worse, I don't feel like that's a close minded thing to do. It's not like Mike and Chester's parts change in the song. They'll sound the same. Of course it's a bit longer but it's not like it's going to be a rock song or something.

What if halfway through the song, Brad busts in with the best damn solo of his life and Phoenix kills it on bass while Rob delivers the most intricate fucking drumming of his damn career? :P

No way in hell that happens.

I understand that EDM is not your thing. I know that you love hard rock and there is nothing wrong with that.

I don't understand the people who claim to love the electronic and dance side of LP, yet hate the stuff LP is doing with Aoki for the past few years or so. I would have thought they would love it, since Aoki is considered to be one of biggest dance artists in the world and the collaborations sound just like all the other dance stuff that is popular. It's like people who claim they love hip-hop, yet hate the Jay-Z collaboration even though he is a top dog in the hip-hop world, etc.

Edited by Geki

I really hope that this isn't the official cover art. It's so clearly copy and paste of pictures of the guys from months ago with some stuff of Steve. If they weren't able to do new photo session, they should have just done a drawing or something without the band on it like they did for ALTNC

The verses sound actually good from those live set video's, but those drops are just too typical

The good thing is that Steve said he tried experimenting with drops in the song but he ended up not using them for the final product because it took away from the dark feel of the song. This live version is just a mash-up with some R3Hab song or something. I agree that the drops in the live track are pretty typical and cheesy. I really love Chester's vocals here and I think the lyrics are cool, that's why I like this.

The good thing is that Steve said he tried experimenting with drops in the song but he ended up not using them for the final product because it took away from the dark feel of the song. This live version is just a mash-up with some R3Hab song or something. I agree that the drops in the live track are pretty typical and cheesy. I really love Chester's vocals here and I think the lyrics are cool, that's why I like this.

So Steve said that the song doesn't contains drops on it? Now I have some hope in the song :)

So Steve said that the song doesn't contains drops on it? Now I have some hope in the song :)

Yes, I believe it was in an article with Billboard. I will have to look for it.

EDIT: I found it.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/6140987/steve-aoki-36-hours

Aoki plays a song with the (as yet unconfirmed) title “Horizons,” a collaboration with Linkin Park for his upcoming album. It has been a work in progress since 2012, which he admits is obsessive even for him. He pulls up the original mix on his laptop and plays it over the house speakers. They might as well be different songs.

“I threw out the drop because it didn’t fit,” he says. “And [Linkin Park rapper] Mike [shinoda] rewrote the lyrics because he was like, ‘They’re too happy.’ He wanted to make it darker.”

Asked if the two versions have anything in common, Aoki thinks for a moment and then says, “They’re both in the same key.”

Edited by Geki

Chester has stated that he personally likes this song better than ALTNC because it's very different from how LP usually writes stuff and because the lyrics are a bit darker than ALTNC, which he says is cool. Great news. I'm open to LP doing different things (my favorite LP album has always been MTM) and I like the dark lyrics from LP.