Linkin Park x Steve Aoki - "Darker Than Blood"

lpliveusername

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did they mute Chester? All I hear is Shinoda singing.

I hope you realize Chester and Mike both sing in harmony throughout the entire track except for Chester's leading vocals in the chorus, but throughout the whole track, its evident that Chester can be heard much clearer than Mike. Just gonna go ahead and say your response is a tad silly. Regardless, Chester is busy with STP so he'll probably be part of the video shoot in the following days. Nothing else to it.

I hope you realize Chester and Mike both sing in harmony throughout the entire track except for Chester's leading vocals in the chorus, but throughout the whole track, its evident that Chester can be heard much clearer than Mike. Just gonna go ahead and say your response is a tad silly. Regardless, Chester is busy with STP so he'll probably be part of the video shoot in the following days. Nothing else to it.

Yeah, this 100%. This is why I said ''idiot comments''. Obviously Chester is in the song and we already knew that Mike and Chester sing on it together. And Chester could very well be in the music video too.

Neon Future II tracklist:

01. Time Capsule (Intro)
02. I Love It When You Cry (Moxoki) (feat. Moxie Raia)
03. Youth Dem (Turn Up) (feat. Snoop Lion)
04. Hysteria (feat. Matthew Koma)
05. Darker Than Blood (feat. Linkin Park)
06. Lightning Strikes (feat. NERVO & Tony Junior)
07. Tars (Interlude) (feat. Kip Thorne)
08. Home We'll Go (Take My Hand) (feat. Walk Off The Earth)
09. Heaven On Earth (feat. Sherry St. Germain)
10. Holding Up The World (feat. Harrison & Albin Myers)
11. Light Years (feat. Rivers Cuomo)
12. Warp Speed (Outro) (feat. J.J. Abrams)

In the clip it sounds like Mike is doing lead vocals.

Have to disagree there. I'm listening to it again and I can absolutely tell the vocals apart. It sounds like Chester did at least two sets of harmonies, while Mike seems to have done one and probably also did the pitch increased set

Go to 4:38 for example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-3ixuZmsgM

Those vocals appear to have vocoder effects just like ALTNC.

Edited by Broman

How can you not hear Chester in that clip? I definitely can, it's very distinct. I can easily tell Mike and Chester's parts apart, Chester is doing a lot more singing based off of this clip alone. This song sounds so good... even better than the live remix version thing we have heard. It's definitely more EDMish but that was expected and not a bad thing because I like EDM.

BTW, isn't that Chester that walks in at around 40 seconds or so? I think it is. He will probably be in the music video for sure then.

Edited by Geki

The good thing is that Steve said he tried experimenting with drops in the song but he ended up not using them for the final product because it took away from the dark feel of the song. This live version is just a mash-up with some R3Hab song or something. I agree that the drops in the live track are pretty typical and cheesy. I really love Chester's vocals here and I think the lyrics are cool, that's why I like this.

Thanks for the info. :) I am ready to hear the full song next week

How can you not hear Chester in that clip? I definitely can, it's very distinct. I can easily tell Mike and Chester's parts apart, Chester is doing a lot more singing based off of this clip alone. This song sounds so good... even better than the live remix version thing we have heard. It's definitely more EDMish but that was expected and not a bad thing because I like EDM.

BTW, isn't that Chester that walks in at around 40 seconds or so? I think it is. He will probably be in the music video for sure then.

What I'm saying along with OrangeJZE is how these Chester vocals (0:19) featured on the choruses of the track played by Aoki on these recent festivals aren't in the periscope preview anymore.

I'm guessing they are saving them for the last chorus, if at all...

I was under the impression that these live versions are meant to be a teaser of sorts for the real thing. He might have just muted the lead vocals for that part of the song, it doesn't mean they won't be in the studio version.

It's similar to how the live version has drops in it, but the studio version is confirmed to not have any.

Just watched the periscope videos and even though they use the same part multiple times, I kinda like it so far. I hope the part with Mike singing "don't you hold your breath / cause I'm not coming down" is the bridge because it would be great after the parts with just Chester.

And I'm going to make a prediction for this: the song is going to be 90% Steve, Mike, and Chester. I'm only giving the rest of the members the 10% benefit of the doubt because at 5:13, there's no way that the song could be that repetitive without some sort of middle section with different instrumentation.

Chester only had today to shoot the video. STP was still rehearsing today so he probably did the video then rehearsed. The tour starts tomorrow in Seattle.

Chester can fly in or do whatever needed even when he is on tour with STP. They have done stuff like that all the time. LP even made We Made It during their 2007 tour in Asia in the middle of the night. Lol. But yeah, he probably already did his music video appearance. He might not even be in the music video, but it would be very strange if he wasn't considering he does a majority of the vocals on the song.

Steve Aoki and Mike Shinoda will be on The Kevin & Bean Show tomorrow, Monday (April 13), from 8-9am PST. Tune in to The World Famous KROQ and catch the premiere of DARKER THAN BLOOD.

Listen Live Link: http://player.radio.com/listen/station/kroq/

https://www.facebook.com/linkinPark/photos/a.132163956787.140836.8210451787/10153201187986788/?type=1