2014.11.03 - Zürich, Switzerland

RogueSoul

thptour_europe.jpg

Linkin Park are back on the road! The Hunting Party European Tour is beginning in Zürich, Switzerland at Hallenstadion on November 3! This will be the band's first non-festival headlining tour in Europe since Summer of 2011 (they visited Europe for a Summer Festival run in both 2012 and 2014, but not for a full-fledged tour). Hallenstadion, a venue the band has performed at before, has a unique twist: sound limitations, meaning the show won't be as loud as it typically would be. However, this won't stop the band from playing a HUGE show!

This will be the band's second time visiting Switzerland this year. In fact, they've performed in Switzerland an impressive six times before this show: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, and earlier this year. In 2007, the band performed for their first time in the country in Zürich. The band performed new songs from Minutes To Midnight for the first time on the tour, including 'The Little Things Give You Away' and 'Leave Out All The Rest'. They changed up the setlist at this show by rotating 'What I've Done' and 'Bleed It Out' around, making it the first time that 'Bleed It Out' had closed the main set! They returned in 2008 in Basel, performing more songs from Minutes To Midnight; namely 'Valentine's Day' and 'Shadow Of The Day'. An interesting event that happened at this show: Brad started playing 'Valentine's Day' in the wrong key, causing Chester to sing higher than usual. The issue was fixed when the rest of the band kicked in. The band returned for another show in 2009 after a cancelled show in Interlaken in 2008. Mike rapped 'A Place For My Head' over the extended outro of 'Points Of Authority'. The band performed a rare song, 'Session', on this tour for the first time since 2003, as well as debuting 'New Divide'. The band took the stage in Switzerland for a fourth consecutive year in a row in 2010, where they performed new songs from A Thousand Suns including 'When They Come For Me' and 'Wretches and Kings'. Over the extended bridge of 'Bleed It Out', Mike sang the chorus of 'Burning In The Skies'. Most recently, earlier this year, the band performed at the Greenfield Festival in Interlaken. 'Guilty All The Same', 'Until It's Gone', and 'Wastelands' all got their live starts on this run (at the warm-up show in Tucson, AZ). This is the second time that Mike rapped 'Hands Held High' over his solo medley - and the last time as of today. It was one of the more unique additions to his medley - would you like to see it return? What other songs would you like to see? According to this poll, 'High Voltage' and 'Dedicated' and big contenders!

Given that this is the first show of the tour, we're not too sure what to expect from the setlist. While it seems likely that the band will perform Set A and Set B from the Carnivores Tour throughout, given the lack of rehearsals that seemed to go into it. We're not sure if the band rehearsed between the time they were in Brazil and playing two special shows in Los Angeles and Scottsdale and this show, but they can still surprise us! The band rehearsed all of Hybrid Theory, 'No More Sorrow', 'Breaking The Habit', 'When They Come For Me' and more for the Carnivores Tour - those could easily be put back into the set! Check out some more songs the band rehearsed but hasn't played in this thread. We took a poll in the summer, asking YOU what songs you'd like to see the band play: 'A Place For My Head' (with a whopping 100+ votes!) and 'By Myself' were top contenders. Will they make their way back in the sets?

Check out this performance of 'Until It's Gone' and 'A Light That Never Comes' from Greenfield Festival earlier this year. 'Until It's Gone' featured an extended mashup intro featuring parts of 'No More Sorrow', 'New Divide', 'The Catalyst', and 'Until It's Gone', and a transition outro that led into an abbreviated version of 'A Light That Never Comes'. The intro was one of the best we've seen on the tour so far, but it was dropped from the Carnivores Tour sets. Would you like to see it return?

The band will be sharing the stage with their friends, Of Mice & Men throughout the tour. The band is known for their heavy rock sound (comparable to The Hunting Party), the creators of some great songs, including 'Second and Sebring' and 'The Depths'. The band's new album, Restoring Force, including great songs like 'Would You Still Be There' and 'Bones Exposed'. The band just released a music video for their new song, 'Feels Like Forever'. Austin Carlile, the lead singer, joined the band onstage for 'Faint' on the Hollywood Bowl stop on the Carnivores Tour. It would be awesome to see him come back out onstage for more shows!

Who's PUMPED for the tour? After this show, the band heads to Germany for the first of NINE dates there in Stuttgart. A lot of LPLive members are attending the shows: RSVP in one of the threads here and set up a LPL meet-up! Additionally, check out our shop and rep LPLive at the show! There's some great designs there, made by our resident artists, Overkill! In other Linkin Park-related news, the band is rumored to be touring North America in Winter 2015, return to Asia and Australia in the Summer (including what may potentially be their first show in India), and perform at Rock in Rio Brazil + Sao Paulo in September. Check out more tour rumors in this thread! The entire tracklist of the score for MALL, the movie that Joe directed, has been revealed by LPLive member ILLESH, featuring tracks like the newly released 'White Noise' and the highly anticipated 'Luna'. A new music video for the song from A Thousand Suns, 'Iridescent', has been released to raise awareness for the Cardon Children's Medical Center and Stars Of The Season. Go check it out, it's a beautiful video! LPU XIV is coming soon; a new shirt has been released to raise hype for it! It's a collaboration between the LPU and Johnny Cupcake, and it's awesome! Get updates on the show by checking back on this thread, liking us on Facebook, or following us on Twitter!

Show Page Notes

Date: November 3, 2014

Venue: Hallenstadion
Show #: 1 of 16
Other Bands: Of Mice & Men

SETLIST:

01. Mashup Intro #2

02. Guilty All The Same

03. Given Up

04. With You

05. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

06. Blackout (Shortened; Instrumental)

07. Papercut (Shortened)

08. Rebellion

09. Runaway (Shortened; 'Wastelands' Transition Outro)

10. Wastelands

11. Castle Of Glass (Experience Version; w/ ATS Interludes)

12. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)

13. Robot Boy (Shortened; Instrumental)

14. Joe Solo Medley

15. Numb (Numb/Encore Outro)

16. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro; Wall Of Noise Outro)

17. Final Masquerade

18. Mike Solo Medley (w/ Remember The Name)

19. Dirt Off Your Shoulder/Lying From You (2014 Abridged Version)

20. Somewhere I Belong

21. In The End

22. Faint (Ext. Outro)

----------------------------------------------------

23. Burn It Down (Shortened)

24. Lost In The Echo (Shortened)

25. New Divide (Shortened)

26. Until It's Gone (Shortened; Points Of Authority Rap Intro)

27. What I've Done (Ext. Guitar Solo Bridge)

28. Bleed It Out (Ext. Bridge w/ Drum Solo)

Show Notes:

- Mike's solo portion of the show featured a 'hybrid' verse of 'Wretches And Kings', the chorus of 'Remember The Name' (by Fort Minor), and a 'hybrid' verse of 'Remember The Name'. After the 'hybrid' verse of 'Remember The Name', he went into the chorus again.

- The venue at which the band performed at had strict sound restrictions, meaning the overall sound of the show was quieter than usual.

Other Notes:

Check out the rest of Linkin Park's 2014 touring schedule here.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im going to the Berlin show so I hope there will be some setlist changes like war played live and apfmh back in the set maybe even forgotten or by myself even if that seems a bit unrealistic. I would also like to have the victimized/qwerty medley back also I hope to see dirt of your shoulder/lying from you. We´ll see what the tour brings :)

I am going. Today I am leaving Rome and going to Milan. I will pass the night in a Bed & Breakfast and the morning I will take a bus organized by Linkin Park Italy and going to Zurich.

My second Linkin Park show (first was Milan) and my first ever Meet And Greet. I am so fucking excited.

I'm super excited for this tour, I think it might be the best tour this year.

The band will be sharing the stage with their friends, Of Mice & Men throughout the tour. The band is known for their heavy rock sound (comparable to The Hunting Party)

I hate the "heavy rock" term, for me the term doesn't exist, I think its equivalents are Hard Rock or Metal. OM&M are Metalcore, so in my opinion the term "Metal" would be the best choice in this case.

Edited by TheDamian58C

I'm not going, unfortunately. Anyway I really really really hope they'll change the setlist cause, as I've already said, Europe has almost already seen that setlist, especially set A and there are 9 shows in Germany and I think german people would get pissed to see the same thing over and over again. I think they'll keep this setlist's structure, with almost the same songs, but they could add some small changes, like adding 2 songs from THP (War and KTTK, I think, or Drawbar) and playing songs like No More Sorrow and A Place For My Head.

Finally. I am going to four shows starting with Stuttgart on Tuesday. I will avoid LPL after the Zürich show because I don't want to know the setlist though there probably won't be a big difference to the Carnivores one ;)

btw. thanks for the short abstract at the end of the post. Looks like I'm not up to date ^^

I think there won't be any changes tonight, or at least, not big ones. Maybe a song like NMS will return, but I think it will still be the same setlist with Part I, II, III and IV.

Really nice btw that some guy on twitter will be tweeting the set. Even though I hate it when people grab their phone at a concert and don't completely lose themselves in the concert, but for this time it's really nice.

I will be in Amsterdam on Friday, so hopefully not the same setlist as last summer.