2014.10.18 - Belo Horizonte, MG - Circuito Banco do Brasil (+ Webcast)

RogueSoul

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta love seeing the Brazilian "fans" talking shit about "how much LP sucks" based on the difficulties with this show. These are probably the same leeches who flood every goddamn band member chat with "LP COEM 2 BRAZIL" and shit. Why does LP continue to keep going back to this country? The government sucks, the people suck, and the ratio of scam artists to legitimate businesspeople in the music industry down there is about 10 to 1. The place is a shithole in every way imaginable, and I really don't care who I offend in saying so because it's the fucking truth.

Maybe Brad had the right idea in not going.

Edited by Astat

Gotta love seeing the Brazilian "fans" talking shit about "how much LP sucks" based on the difficulties with this show. These are probably the same leeches who flood every goddamn band member chat with "LP COEM 2 BRAZIL" and shit. Why does LP continue to keep going back to this country? The government sucks, the people suck, and the ratio of scam artists to legitimate businesspeople in the music industry down there is about 10 to 1. The place is a shithole in every way imaginable, and I really don't care who I offend in saying so because it's the fucking truth.

You're totally right sir.

Brazilians don't even know how to write/talk their own language correctly (which is Portuguese).

Edited by tfae

They come back because there is a huge demand. The legit promoters want them there and they know they'll bring huge crowds. The São Paulo 2004, 2010, and 2012 crowds were INSANELY huge.

Also, the amount of money they were paid for these two festivals is the exact same amount as they were offered to do these two festivals plus three headlining shows with PATD in São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, and I think the third city was Curitiba. Or Porto Alegre. Anyway shit fell through because the band wanted PATD in a packaged deal but the promoters didn't so they only did these two shows.

Instead, they will return in 2015 to headline Rock In Rio.

There is a big demand there and there is a lot of money for LP to gain by playing there when dealing with legit promoters, venues, festivals, etc. The entire country is not garbage as you assume. Great bands like Dave Matthews Band, Coldplay, etc perform there and do well too.

I only know of two legit cases where shit didn't work well for bands there. DMB played a show there in the last few years...2010 I think, where they said it was the worst show in their career LOL. Zero fans knew anything. Pretty odd. And then the whole canceled NIN thing in 2008 with the sketch promoters fucking Trent Reznor (which also happened in Taiwan in 2009 too). And I think AGAIN in Asia for NIN in 2013? Lmao. Additionally Coldplay did cancel an entire tour there for their last CD and I do think that has to deal with sketch business deals too. So you have some valid points.

umaad.gif

Thank you for all these words Astat, we love you too!

Edited by Biel

Completely forgot about the webcast and I was even home in time to watch it!

Anyway, I'll watch the clusterfucks tomorrow morning.

I'm leaning more toward Brad having issues with his back again than Astat's theory on not wanting to go. That is way too much of a dick move to do that for a show. Plus his back problems came back a few weeks after he had originally hurt it earlier in the summer

The way you guys were talking I was expecting something truly horrible on BID. And instead it was just a minor slip that they rolled with. I think we can give Mike a pass since I bet he was frustrated at his keyboard and he rarely messes up anyway. Plus Chester sounded great. And this is from someone who wants BID off the set list more than any song.

We don't know anything about Brad, so I'm hoping he's ok. Personally doubt he'd just not go because he didn't want to. And who wouldn't want to? LP always gets AMAZING crowds in Brazil.

Apparently Mike said at the M&G that Brad is sick. What I don't understand is, when something like this happens there's literally no official comment about it.

Just like in West Palm Beach this year, no one said what happened, what caused the show to be delayed and have a shortened set. People pay a ton of money for the shows and deserve an explanation.

Doesn't even take a minute to say "We are sorry Brad couldn't be here tonight, he's sick and Benjamin plays tonight" that's it. But screwing with people is apparently better.

Apparently Mike said at the M&G that Brad is sick. What I don't understand is, when something like this happens there's literally no official comment about it.

Just like in West Palm Beach this year, no one said what happened, what caused the show to be delayed and have a shortened set. People pay a ton of money for the shows and deserve an explanation.

Doesn't even take a minute to say "We are sorry Brad couldn't be here tonight, he's sick and Benjamin plays tonight" that's it. But screwing with people is apparently better.

Well before this it's usually a problem with Chester and we used to get LPTVs about it. The West Palm show was weird because it seemed like a personal problem as well as a physical one. But it seems like this tour they just don't say anything. A tweet would work.

I do wish they'd announce things like this. Mike took the time at the soundcheck we saw to explain about Brad, etc, but that's not a normal show. At a show he should just take the time and say "Hey Brad isn't here tonight, we're sorry he couldn't make it, send him some good vibes" or something.

I am surprised/semi confused that they'd cancel shows in 2008 due to no Brad, but they'd play the shows in 2012 and 2014 without him. Same for Phoenix. It might be the same thing that happened with Muse and their Rock In Rio / Coachella performances this year....Bellamy was extremely sick and they'd cancel 99.9% of the time but the money was so big for these shows that pulling out would have been a disaster for them.

Yeah, let's generalize people in a country of over 200 million people, just because some idiots decided to be "haters" rather than understand the technical problems of the band [or in your country there is no douchebags too, is an exception?].

I'll tell you something: there are idiots in every country, even in his beloved homeland. Our government sucks, you don't need much thinking to know that, but we're in a much better position than before and I honestly expected much more from our current candidates, but we were hostages to choose the "less worst". Corruption exists, not only in government but in all social classes in Brazil, but all places has this too, more or less, don't forget that. All this doesn't make my country a bigger shithole than where you live, maybe... Wow, I forgot: you do not give a shit who you offended, after all you are the master of truth. Well, you offend me, but who cares anyway, I suck anyway, don't? See ya.

lollol.

Edited by Geki

Biggest motherfucker ever. This guy's an asshole, i guess that comes from family. But talking about government and shit, don't you realize what country you live in? didnt you go to 'college'? I'm not even brazilian but anyway, only in america... I would expect you take a gun and start shooting people just because like columbine or virginia tech.