2014.10.18 - Belo Horizonte, MG - Circuito Banco do Brasil (+ Webcast)

RogueSoul

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do wish they'd announce things like this. Mike took the time at the soundcheck we saw to explain about Brad, etc, but that's not a normal show. At a show he should just take the time and say "Hey Brad isn't here tonight, we're sorry he couldn't make it, send him some good vibes" or something.

aaaaand because of that apparently some people are thinking that Brad left the band and has been replaced by somebody else lmao.

Another reason why they should tell everyone what the hell is going on. Telling a few people at a M&G is obviously not enough haha.

BID, FM, COG, and Mike's solo then.

Since when do those four songs qualify as the entire show? Mike's Solo went nicely, he just skipped the Maschine stuff because he knew it wouldn't go well. So that's 3/28 of the entire show.

Since when do those four songs qualify as the entire show? Mike's Solo went nicely, he just skipped the Maschine stuff because he knew it wouldn't go well. So that's 3/28 of the entire show.

Yeah dude, that's how it is.. some fans love to overreact when negative things happens, this was a regular show with some mistakes on other news Chester sounded alright last night!

I wonder why Chandler is always in the shadows, he must be a shy dude lol

Edit

I just watches FM and I didn't hear anything wrong with it.

E2 : Mike's vocals during Lost in the Echo sounded different, like if he was using a vocoder.

Edited by JZE-LINKINPARAMORE

I actually kind of liked this show. Guilty All The Same sounded great, honestly. Sometimes, I feel like Benjamin played better than Brad did, which is actually kind of crazy. Chester did very well with his screaming last night. Some mess up stuff went on with Mike and some guitar stuff, but no big deal to me. I like when the band messes up sometimes because it shows they aren't just machines up there, they are actually playing the shit.

Is it only me or Rob's Drumset got bigger? I wonder what is the electronic Crash on the left side of the drumset from Rob's perspective, and when he uses it.

I really liked LFY, especially the bridge, I don't know if you noticed, but he screamed the rap part, fucking awesome. Given Up bridge was also amazing, Chester did a pretty short rest between the long screams. There was one good and one bad thing about BID, the bad thing was that Chester didn't sing raspy during the chorus, the good thing is that it was shortened. I enjoyed BIO very much too. Chester did very good screams at this show.

Last night, I thought Brad was injured or really sick, etc. I didn't know until now that he pretty much just skipped out on this whole little tour. Kind of fucked up to the fans, honestly. What if someone went to the show and was a huge Brad fan, only to have Benjamin fill in for him the entire show, because he didn't feel the need to make the trip? I mean, even if Brad is sick, he still could have flown to Brazil and just rested all day until the show and then played the show and went back to resting.

Benjamin actually did a great job, now that I can listen to this whole show. Like I said in a previous post, he sounded a bit better than Brad actually does at some points. Maybe LP should just replace Brad with Benjamin! ;)

After watching the highlights (or the parts of the show that really interest me, lol) here are some of my thoughts:

- Benjamin on guitar was pretty refreshing. Just letting him play Faint and especially Bleed It Out, the songs sound a bit better/different to me but in a good way. The BIO guitar parts around Rob's solo (see: end of Rob's solo until the end of the song) sound much better than what Brad has been playing there to me. Good job by Benjamin. I noticed on the Somewhere I Belong bridge, he was jamming out next to Mike on stage and that was cool to see. Hell, that's probably more than Brad does in a show anyway in terms of rocking out (besides dancing on Castle Of Dance) - yeah I went there, but I'll take it! No problem there and I'd be interested to see how Benjamin would become acclimated to the stage over the course of a whole tour. I'm sure Brad will be back for the LA/Arizona shows but if they ever been Benjamin again, I'm glad he can deliver.

- Chester had an extremely ON night. He was blowing the fuck up. Faint outro he did the ending scream, he nailed Lying From You with the screams, etc. He was kicking ass big time compared to some of the shows I saw this year. Chester rarely has an off night...I've only seen a few and I've seen 29 shows. Belo Horizonte was a quality show for him. I really love that Lying From You performance.

- The setlist just kills me. I think if you start blowing through some of your most well known songs live without putting an emphasis on them in the setlist, you'll start to have some problems. I'm referring to One Step Closer here, how it just comes out of nowhere (in a bad sense, not a good sense) and then bam it's gone. I wish they'd put that back at the start or end of the show. With GATS opening, almost no one knows what's going on and it's not some huge epic show opener. Open with something people are familiar with, in my opinion. They used to make a huge statement by playing 7-8 badass, rock songs in a row (see 2007-2009 setlists, and a lot of 2010-2011 setlists, and even some 2012-2013 ones) to start the show that people knew. I still hate the middle of the setlist....lots of the club stuff and unnecessary stuff but that's just my personal opinion haha. Definitely don't want to take the emphasis off of Apaches, because WFTE is a MONSTER now and it really kicks ass live. The encore is just a disaster and is the worst they've ever played, seriously. Lost In The Echo in short is pretty much as devastating as a short Papercut. Damn. Two EXTREMELY strong live tracks and they cut them, but they want to play Numb in full. Oh man. And they still think Bleed It Out is some huge, epic party anthem to close a show. Let's get some energy going again.

Perhaps the problem is that for the first time since 2007, there is a legit lack of big diversity among the setlists. They have two setlists, the same songs open and close, the same songs make up the core structure, and there isn't a lot of differences. If they had three pretty different sets (aka if they actually spent a lot of time rehearsing for this world tour) they could kick ass and take names live again with the SETLISTS (not the live energy by Mike and Chester, which seems good still).

Looks about 600x better to me:

Mashup Intro #1
Faint
Points Of Authority
Lying From You
Blackout (Short) >
Papercut
Lost In The Echo (2012 Intro)
Runaway (Full)
Wastelands
Waiting For The End (Apaches + Wall Of Noise)
Don't Stay
Somewhere I Belong
Rebellion or Keys or All For Nothing
What I've Done (AMBO Intro)
Pushing Me Away
Breaking The Habit
-random rare song like By Myself, Forgotten, Wretches, etc-
Guilty All The Same
In The End
One Step Closer
--------------------
Until It's Gone (Europe Intro)