The Hunting Party - June 17th

hahninator

Vice has debuted the album artwork for "The Hunting Party" along with a great interview with Mike!

The album will be released on June 17th!

Posted Image

Do the songs have names yet?

Naming shit is difficult for us, especially album titles. This one was easier than many of them; we second-guessed and argued over it. We never come up with an album title before the album.

How many people have heard this record so far?

The whole thing? Not very many. Right now our manager’s flying around right now with a five-song sampler playing it for journalists and our label, because they need to know what is coming up. The record comes out this summer, and we need everybody to know what they’re working with. Which is to say that some of it’s going to be a bit of a challenge. This is going to be a hard sell for rock radio, I knew that going in. Radio’s really powerful for selling albums—at the end of the day I’m an artist, but I’m also not stupid and I know in order to be able to keep this momentum of this thing we’ve got going, we need to perform to a certain degree.

Check out the full interview here.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said in the other thread, that album cover has to be the best I have seen from LP so far. It reminds me a lot of LT, but I loved LT's album cover, so I guess it's only natural that I would love this one so much. It is better than LT's cover, though. The interview from Mike is absolutely awesome. I still wish the album was called Carnivores, but this album title is fine because it's means almost the same thing in terms of what it represents.

That's an awesome album cover. Can't wait! And I'm glad they're just releasing info/music now. I didn't particularly like those puzzles or games from past albums to get a freaking date or album cover, or when they used to make like two announcements to finally announce something.

"I turn on the rock station in L.A. and it sounds like Disney commercial music."

KROQ who plays a lot of Linkin Park? loooool

I'm not sure about LA's radio, but in my area, that is definitely true. We have a rock station that plays only classic rock, that is pretty cool. But most of the other stations that are popular in my area do play that kind of music, the ''Disney commercial music'' shit.

"I turn on the rock station in L.A. and it sounds like Disney commercial music."

LAWL 103.9 is a little East of LA, but they play A7X type rock so it's not them. 98.7 is a little harder than KROQ so I don't think it's them either.

They are definitely still salty about Foo Weenie Roast.

Plot twist: Mike hires Stryker to DJ the LPFM Network

Mike always contradicts himself. Also happened when Ana released her book (Anna’s writing is great, and we both wanted her work to be judged on its merit, not on the book’s potential connection with me or Linkin Park) Then 1 week later he was on radio advertising this book.

Anyway some LP songs are like Disney Commercial tho.

Edited by Joe_lp

What a brilliant interview. I didn't expect to be that excited for the next LP record.

“That’s it, I’ve had it, fuck this band, they’re not making music for me anymore because all I want to hear is heavy guitars and there isn’t a guitar to be found on this record. They’re singing about the world’s ills and there’s a bunch of electronic bleeps and blips, fuck these guys.”

WHALE WHALE WHALE I guess now would be a good time to get LPU to prepare for the best coast to get spoiled ;).

#lasummitplz

EDIT: I hope this "brings me back" to LP. I am not yet as excited as I was years ago for a show compared to today....

Edited by thefullmonty

Great interview. I think that 6.14 on the preview meant June 2014, I don't know why mike calls June middle of the summer. I hope this album will be longer than 45 minutes, or I hope it will be the longest LP (studio) album. The album cover look good, but I imagined it will be darker, looks like mix of LT, Recharged and LT Australian tour edition.

I fucking love this Mike. Straight forward, to the point, FUCK everything else, calling out all this pussy ass shit. I love this aggression. I hope the new record is as aggressive as Mike was here.

A lot of people would say Burn it Down is "pussy ass shit" too.