The Carnivores Tour - Summer 2014

hahninator

Isn't that the entire point of going to a show?

That's the point of a show but he was talking about festival shows which are different since you pay for quite a few bands that you probably don't want to see. So a lot of people don't get to see them when they only do festival shows because it's just way more expensive than solo shows.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't that the entire point of going to a show? Unless you're just going to shows to check out random bands and artists, but a lot of people will travel and pay to see their favorite band play. Lol. Honestly, you can't expect LP to tour Europe more than everywhere else for each album cycle. I know you guys didn't get a proper Europe tour in your opinion for the LT cycle, but LP has done TONS of shows in Europe over the years, Europe even got more tours than the US for the ATS cycle. At the end of the day, LP is a US band, so naturally they will play the US with big summer tours like this one, but that doesn't mean they will forget about Europe, they will definitely be over there. It seems that most of the bands I like are always playing festivals in Europe because that's what people like to go to. I love festivals, personally, and the US festivals are nothing compare to European festivals, I hear. But LP also has to play places like Asia, South America, Australia/New Zealand, etc, they are a global band and have a lot of fans almost everywhere. I think it's fair if each continent gets basically one tour or so.

Amen! Must US festivals suck and are in places like Vegas and crap that I cant travel too. Only few states actually get festivals

That's the point of a show but he was talking about festival shows which are different since you pay for quite a few bands that you probably don't want to see. So a lot of people don't get to see them when they only do festival shows because it's just way more expensive than solo shows.

depends on the festivals but some are actually cheaper than normal concerts.

Amen! Must US festivals suck and are in places like Vegas and crap that I cant travel too. Only few states actually get festivals

depends on the festivals but some are actually cheaper than normal concerts.

All the festivals I know around here in Europe are way more expensive than a solo show (at least twice as much). You can buy single day tickets for some of them but not all of them.

All the festivals I know around here in Europe are way more expensive than a solo show (at least twice as much). You can buy single day tickets for some of them but not all of them.

I went to the Rockstar Uproar Festival for only $20.

Well I was talking about festivals that are big enough for LP to play at. And like wiiesel said, pretty much every Festival is 3-4 days long

Big countries like the USA and Australia have these traveling "festivals". Especially the US is very different from Europe it that sense, they have all these amphitheaters that are made for this, it's all much easier. They are not really festivals, more like tours, and return every year with a different line up. If they had to build a stage for every tour stop, they wouldn't be just one day. Extended to several days tours like Mayhem would take much longer or hit less places.

Mark, Preston (and I) are going by car from Florida to Charlotte, but to Knoxville is a big detour I guess. Why don't you take a Megabus from Knoxville to Charlotte for a couple of bucks? and maybe we can pick you up in Charlotte for the show.

Mark, Preston (and I) are going by car from Florida to Charlotte, but to Knoxville is a big detour I guess. Why don't you take a Megabus from Knoxville to Charlotte for a couple of bucks? and maybe we can pick you up in Charlotte for the show.

Megabus doesn't go to Charlotte from Knoxville <_< If they add an Atlanta show, I could to that. Flying is not an option, and Greyound bus isn't really appealing. I didn't like it the one time I took one of their buses.

to me that is no festival. Festivals here in Europe last 3 or 4 days and are $200 - $275.

That's why I said festivals in US suck. A lt of them only last a day. Unless its Cochella :bye:

Which costs you an arm and a leg

Well I was talking about festivals that are big enough for LP to play at. And like wiiesel said, pretty much every Festival is 3-4 days long

Festivals in the US don't last that long. Usually only a day

I am going to the Clarkston show August 30. I Can not wait! It will be my First LP, 30 Seconds To Mars, & AFI shows all in one.

Same. Never been to a LP show. Never been to a 30stm show. Never been to AFI either. But I love all three bands!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think it will happen with more shows, but you never know.

I agree. Usually when radio stations take over/sponsor a show of a tour, they don't add more bands. I made sure in 5.0 (huge site upgrade info-wise) that I listed them all on the year/show pages. Now that I'm not on my phone, I'll describe the cases where it's been done for LP before:

Nottingham 2003 - This one is unique. As far as we know, either BBC legit booked this show or LP booked it and BBC paid/got it to be exclusive for BBC and BBC winners (and a few LPU after that) only. But it wasn't announced on LP.com. Other examples of this are London 2001 at BBC (a secret show), and the MTV show in Milan in 2001. These aren't exactly what we are talking about though.

------

East Rutherford 2003 - K-Rock's DFP-7-Tarium. Instead of hosting their own summer show that year, K-Rock "sponsored" (or whatever you want to call it) the Summer Sanitarium stop there. I'd love to know more technical details about this kind of stuff - how it happens, how much it costs, etc. LP returned to play the K-Rock winter festival that December too. In 2001, LP played the K-Rock DFP 5 show in Wantagh but it was NOT a part of Ozzfest, it was a legit radio show.

Noblesville 2004 - X-103's X-Fest 10. Same deal as East Rutherford - radio station sponsors the local summer stop of the tour. Projekt Rev.

It didn't happen on Projekt Revolution 2007 as far as I know. I followed the whole tour and didn't see it...

Atlanta 2008 - Project 96.1 Revolution. Project usually hosted a fall festival show and also a spring show called Project Cinco (for 3-4 years in a row)...this one was a summer one in 2008. Just sponsored the ATL show. An interesting note is that a local DJ came up and introduced LP to the stage at this show - only time I have ever seen that at an LP show.

It definitely didn't happen on the Honda Civic Tour. I think that tour was too big for that to happen, lol

Tinley Park 2014 - 101WKQX's Piqniq Festival. For the first time, they are adding more bands. I'm sure they had to pay LP a lot for that, what do you think? I've never seen a show like this with more bands. With how rare this is, I bet it's a costly thing for stations to do.

I'm assuming this is some tie-in with a festival the radio station set up, unless this is going to happen with more shows?

From my understanding with the four cases I listed above (2003, 2004, 2008 and 2014), Linkin Park books the tour themselves and then a radio station comes in and says they want to do this. I don't think the station is bringing Linkin Park in specifically themselves. I'd be surprised if I am wrong on that assumption. From the way I look at it, if you wanted to call the Camden show "Soul's Summer Rock Festival" I bet you could with a lot of cash haha.

Wow, awesome post. But wasn't Syracuse, NY on Projekt Rev 2007 something? Because they played at the New York State Fair and it was in the middle of a field and it was mixed in with the whole State Fair thing, hence why Chester was talking during the show about the shark tanks and the Sea Lion exhibit, etc. I also remember that when people went to get their meet and greet passes at the Will Call Booth, the people there were handing them out to basically just anyone that said they had a meet and greet pass, but they were stopped after a certain point. It was a disaster. Lol.

Wow, awesome post. But wasn't Syracuse, NY on Projekt Rev 2007 something? Because they played at the New York State Fair and it was in the middle of a field and it was mixed in with the whole State Fair thing, hence why Chester was talking during the show about the shark tanks and the Sea Lion exhibit, etc. I also remember that when people went to get their meet and greet passes at the Will Call Booth, the people there were handing them out to basically just anyone that said they had a meet and greet pass, but they were stopped after a certain point. It was a disaster. Lol.

Yes! In 5.0 I have fixed that show too, I just didn't mess with it for this version of the site. It's the exact same thing as Minnesota this year. The venues were fixed by me too...they weren't specific enough.

2007.08.28 Syracuse, NY, New York State Fair Grandstand, New York State Fair

2014.08.26 Falcon Heights, MN, Minnesota State Fair Grandstand, Minnesota State Fair