Steve Aoki, Mike and Chester In the Studio

hahninator

Posted on Instagram this morning, Steve Aoki posted this picture with the caption "Back in the studio w/ @m_shinoda @chesterbe @linkinpark. Expect the unexpected. #neonfuture". Neon Future has just been revealed to be the new album name for Steve, so it looks like Mike and Chester will appear on the new Aoki album.

Several questions this brings up....

- Months ago, Steve confirmed that he worked on "several songs" with Linkin Park. Is this one of them, or a newer song?

- Rumors have been circulating that Steve and LP will appear on the Transformers 4 soundtrack. Will this effort end up on the T4 release?

What do you think?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another BULLSHIT.

Why LP always do something that 90% of their fans don't like it?

I think its more like something 10% of the fans don't like.

I think instead of the Transformers song being a LP-exclusive song it'll be an Aoki song ft. Mike and Chester.

Another BULLSHIT.

Why LP always do something that 0.00000000000001% (me) of their fans don't like it?

Because LP doesn't exactly exist for you dude. Alot of us LOVED ALTNC, alot of us didn't. Doesn't mean you have to bash a simple twitter update that may not mean anything more than a jam session. Side note, I'm actually really excited for more possible music between these two :D

Well i was searching 10 hours (just kidding) and Neon Future of Steve Aoki will be released on March 1st of 2014, that means Linkin Park will be part of the album. It's a great idea to start with interviews and promos for the next Linkin Park album, after the release of Neon Future, will come the first single of the new LP's album...

Is just my theory, i guess i'm not than far from the reality, what do you think?

Edited by maik_gianino

Well i was searching 10 hours (just kidding) and Neon Future of Steve Aoki will be released on March 1st of 2014, that means Linkin Park will be part of the album. It's a great idea to start with interviews and promos for the next Linkin Park album, after the release of Neon Future, will come the first single of the new LP's album...

Is just my theory, i guess i'm not than far from the reality, what do you think?

Brad just said yesterday that the new album is in the 'beginning' stages. I highly doubt a first single would be out by April. I think if the album is to be released in 2014, it will be way later in the year, or maybe we will even wait until 2015, who knows.

Brad just said yesterday that the new album is in the 'beginning' stages. I highly doubt a first single would be out by April. I think if the album is to be released in 2014, it will be way later in the year, or maybe we will even wait until 2015, who knows.

Mike said it will definitely be out in the first half and Chester said "soon" so Brad is just speculating everything for now. If there is a big collab with Aoki on Neon Future, it would help for LP6 to be released around the same time so the albums could support each other. Either way, we have those two albums and an EP to look forward to!

Mike said it will definitely be out in the first half and Chester said "soon" so Brad is just speculating everything for now. If there is a big collab with Aoki on Neon Future, it would help for LP6 to be released around the same time so the albums could support each other. Either way, we have those two albums and an EP to look forward to!

He never said ''it will definitely be out in the first half of 2013. He said it's likely. Mike and the rest of LP have said that many times and we ended up waiting longer. I don't see what the big rush is from everyone. We just got Living Things last year and they just released Recharged as well as LPU13. I guess people just want as much new music as possible from LP without caring if it's quality music or not.