Steve Aoki, Mike and Chester In the Studio

hahninator

And I don't think they are changing to the current style of music as much as they are putting their own spin on what's influencing them. So yeah if Mike is lostening to a lot of EDM and that influenced ALTNC then so be it, but I don't recall there being much music like ATS back when that came out

This cannot be emphasised enough. EDM is huge right now, the biggest thing in contemporary music, and it's everywhere - you can't really avoid it. Listening to something a lot will inevitably influence the music you create, unconsciously if nothing else. I personally believe the EDM influences are coming from Mike hearing these new sounds, liking them, and deciding to incorporate them within the Linkin Park sound, rather than a conscious attempt to sell records on the back of the genre's popularity.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDM hahahhaa. Implying dance music haven't existed yet since the 70's. Another bullshit that I have seen is "USA now discovering electronic music". Where the techno came from? Detroit! Where the house came from? Chicago! So this EDM is a biggest bullshit in nowdays' music terms.

EDM hahahhaa. Implying dance music haven't existed yet since the 70's. Another bullshit that I have seen is "USA now discovering electronic music". Where the techno came from? Detroit! Where the house came from? Chicago! So this EDM is a biggest bullshit in nowdays' music terms.

I don't want to delve into this genre, but I'm hoping LP doesn't make this their new thing. It's fine if they have a few LP songs with EDM elements, but not if they have a lot of EDM songs with Mike Shinoda/Steve Aoki elements ft. Chester Bennington

It's always existed, yeah. Speaking from personal experience though, I never heard much EDM on the radio until people like Skrillex came a long and brought it into the mainstream. Techno was big in the 70's... but it definitely went out of style. It's not like dance music has been huge in the mainstream for the last 40 years. LP took advantage of it being huge NOW, and incorporated it into ALTNC and did Recharged. It's not the worst thing in the world. People seem to take it as a personal act of betrayal when LP does something intentionally mainstream.

I don't know about any of you guys, but EDM is huge where I live. We have local EDM parties at clubs almost every week and I know TONS of people that are obsessed with EDM and dubstep. They even played UIB (DatSik Remix) at a Halloween EDM party I went to this year.

I personally believe the EDM influences are coming from Mike hearing these new sounds, liking them, and deciding to incorporate them within the Linkin Park sound, rather than a conscious attempt to sell records on the back of the genre's popularity.

I hope they do whatever they wanna do and fuck what anybody else thinks

I'm necroposting, but these two things deserve to be the last words on the topic.

Who is Laidback? I hope LP won't collab with another random DJ.

I'm not really asking for any more collaborations at this point. During the period between the releases of LT and Recharged, I was hoping they would do a collaboration along the lines of Collision Course (but more focused on original material) but now that they have done Recharged with a bunch of DJ's doing the production rather than having an artist actually featured for the most part, I think I can wait for another collab until LP6 is out (whether or not it has this potential Aoki collab redux haha)

• 1 month later...