Steve Aoki, Mike and Chester In the Studio

hahninator

He never said ''it will definitely be out in the first half of 2013. He said it's likely. Mike and the rest of LP have said that many times and we ended up waiting longer. I don't see what the big rush is from everyone. We just got Living Things last year and they just released Recharged as well as LPU13. I guess people just want as much new music as possible from LP without caring if it's quality music or not.

I'm not rushing it, even though I'd kill for it today, I was just stating how the three members have conflicting timeframes. Chester is saying soon meanwhile he is working with anither band. Mike is producing the bulk of the album and is pacing himself on the work. The Aoki collab redux is interesting me a lot though. But this time, I'm hoping the whole band has more of a feature on it (however this is Aoki's album with their help).

I kinda changed the subject there but hope I cleared what I was saying

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not rushing it, even though I'd kill for it today, I was just stating how the three members have conflicting timeframes. Chester is saying soon meanwhile he is working with anither band. Mike is producing the bulk of the album and is pacing himself on the work. The Aoki collab redux is interesting me a lot though. But this time, I'm hoping the whole band has more of a feature on it (however this is Aoki's album with their help).

I kinda changed the subject there but hope I cleared what I was saying

Well, regardless of what any of the band members have said, the fact remains. LP has said stuff will come out soon and it ends up being longer. They have done that many times in the past. I guess we will all have to wait and see. All I'm saying is that since Brad and Mike primarily write MOST of the LP music, I think Brad's comment on the album being in the beginning stages still should be fairly safe to assume. The album may very well come out in 2014, but I don't think it will be out as early as April or May.

Is it really needs to be forced this dance stuff? It's annoying.

Actually it's not for the fans. They do it becasue they want to stay in the mainstream.

I just can't agree with this. I don't see how making ALTNC was an attempt 'to stay in the mainstream'. Was the song even that popular? It didn't even break the top 50 in Australia. If they were trying to stay in the mainstream via collaboration like you're speculating, you'd be seeing collaborations between LP and the likes of One Direction, Justin Beiber, Rhianna, etc.

I think Mike should make a dubstep album / EP by himself not with LP but aren't they working on that mall soundtrack also ?

LOOL :lol:

NO

Mike should make another Fort Minor album, not some hyped plebs electro. :lol: BTW americans don't know what dubstep is.

LOOL :lol:

NO

Mike should make another Fort Minor album, not some hyped plebs electro. :lol: BTW americans don't know what dubstep is.

Mike could make another FM album using electro beats and stuff like he rapped over on IBG and STB on Recharged. Would sound awesome, actually. This way he could get all the electro stuff out of his system and keep LP free of it. :P

Well, I'd love to see more LP Collabs, for sure, but I want other members to be more involved as well. Based on the making of ATLNC series, it is safe to assume basically Mike and Chester work on the song and occasionally get the guys to get their feedbacks... I don't know..If it's a Linkin Park collaboration we'll definitely need more than Mike and Chester in the game.

Edited by AStarkson

ALTNC is one of the main theme songs for Friday Night Knicks, Monday Night Football, & i hear it all the time on the radio in NYC. Also IBG has been played a few times as well. So idk how ppl could say its not popular unless everytime i watch something i hear it lol.

But if you ask me, everything is falling into place. Aoki's album should be out in March, LP should be out around Late May-Early June, just in time for the TF4 Promotion that we all know should be coming even if we know it or not.

Just saying..Transformers 4 soundtrack.

I still firmly believe that ALTNC will be on Transformers 4 or be used in the movie. It fits the movie so well, it has that same feel as songs like New Divide, What I've Done and Iridescent had and it's also way more electronically driven than the others. Electronic music is what is big right now in the music scene and the movies is about robots essentially.

By "vibe" do you mean chord progression?

Yeah, I guess. That and the fact that they are seem primed for a movie. What I've Done was a bit different than the others but I could still see it having a movie vibe to it.

Another BULLSHIT.

Why LP always do something that 0.00000000000001% (me) of their fans don't like it?

I really wish people like you would just quit existing. It'd help my blood pressure tremendously.

You can cut your wrist and it'd help your blood pressure, try this http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...03085054AA7VkRq

Edited by Joe_lp

Bingo, but LP have always tried to adapt and stay current with the 'mainstream' despite the band saying that they aren't in the mainstream at times.

They'd disappear like any other nu-metals if they haven't done a big amount of electro stuff. Like Korn made that brostep/house album 2 years ago. They just wanted to profit from the current mainstream music.

Edited by lpmaskmancick

They'd disappear like any other nu-metals if they haven't done a big amount of electro stuff. Like Korn made that brostep/house album 2 years ago. They just wanted to profit from the current mainstream music.

Yeah. This is a direct quote from Chester: "We knew immediately after that if we made another record that sounds like Hybrid Theory we're only going to be in a position to make that kind of thing and it's going to become unimportant and dated"

Afraid of becoming "unimportant and dated". Isn't that same as admitting that they had to sell out a bit to stay relevant?

Yeah. This is a direct quote from Chester: "We knew immediately after that if we made another record that sounds like Hybrid Theory we're only going to be in a position to make that kind of thing and it's going to become unimportant and dated"

Afraid of becoming "unimportant and dated". Isn't that same as admitting that they had to sell out a bit to stay relevant?

almost year 2014 and still we have peoplel talking about LP being a sell-out band?

c'mon dude grow up! the band just likes to experiment with any genre. I would accept that they are sell-outs if they have Justin Bieber in one of their songs, they don't even accept collaborations in their main albums, not many bands do that.

No, not really, because the band has always wanted to experiment. Even back in 2000-2004, they were lumped into the nu metal category, but they were different than the other nu metal bands in ways. Back in 2003, someone in the band (I think Chester) said they wanted to start heading in the direction that BTH was. With MTM they sort of did that, but took it further. The band is smart, they knew they needed to adapt to survive. I think selling out would have been them trying to cash out on the whole nu metal thing album after album. LP has managed to stay on top (one of the biggest bands in the world today) and adapt in ways that other nu metal bands didn't and now most of those bands aren't relevant or around anymore.

almost year 2014 and still we have peoplel talking about LP being a sell-out band?

c'mon dude grow up! the band just likes to experiment with any genre. I would accept that they are sell-outs if they have Justin Bieber in one of their songs, they don't even accept collaborations in their main albums, not many bands do that.

I get the experimental thing but why does every album still end up sounding like current mainstream aside from just a couple songs. LP is still my favourite band and i've never brought this up before but i think "adapting" to stay relevant is kind of selling out.

Any musical decision made that, rather than being from genuine artistic inspiration, is made in the interest of anything else, be it commercial, maintaining "relevance" or otherwise is actually tantamount to selling out.

Linkin Park has obviously done this to varying extents. And they have admitted to it, on occasion, in not as many words. It's no coincidence that as Jani pointed out, their albums usually have elements of what is currently popular in the mainstream. But what's necessarily wrong with that if they can take it, put their own spin on it, and end up with a great product?

Any musical decision made that, rather than being from genuine artistic inspiration, is made in the interest of anything else, be it commercial, maintaining "relevance" or otherwise is actually tantamount to selling out.

Linkin Park has obviously done this to varying extents. And they have admitted to it, on occasion, in not as many words. It's no coincidence that as Jani pointed out, their albums usually have elements of what is currently popular in the mainstream. But what's necessarily wrong with that if they can take it, put their own spin on it, and end up with a great product?

This man just won the thread.

The only bands that don't adapt or try new things are like hardcore punk bands and death metal bands, etc. LP LIKES to experiment and do stuff. They weren't forced to. Selling out would have been LP just making Hybrid Theory every single time. By changing and adapting with MTM, the band survived and became bigger than they ever were because of it.

The only bands that don't adapt or try new things are like hardcore punk bands and death metal bands, etc. LP LIKES to experiment and do stuff. They weren't forced to. Selling out would have been LP just making Hybrid Theory every single time. By changing and adapting with MTM, the band survived and became bigger than they ever were because of it.

Yeah, that's exactly what keeps them successful. They would have fizzled out 8 years ago if they put out Hybrid Theory Part III instead of changing it up. And I don't think they are changing to the current style of music as much as they are putting their own spin on what's influencing them. So yeah if Mike is listening to a lot of EDM and that influenced ALTNC then so be it, but I don't recall there being much music like ATS back when that came out

Edited by Tyler