New Song coming soon? Linkin Park ft. ???

RogueSoul

According to Yahoo! Music,

Linkin Park have already finished one song for their new album and they'll be releasing it soon, Bennington says. The track features a yet-unnamed special guest.

The article was taken down by request of LP management but you can read it here: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/sear...-195133675.html

Who do you think the special guest is and when the song will be released?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve Aoki and Linkin Park have met up a couple times in the past year. It would just make sense, but there's nothing definite that says it's him.

Just because he mentioned LP in an interview doesnt mean its on the cards. He did name several other artists in that interview.

"I'd still like to work with Zack de La Rocha, Chester from Linkin Park, Hayley Williams from Paramore, Jay-Z," he said.

Source

I even remember B.o.B saying he wants to work with LP for his rock album.

“I can tell you who I’d like to work with as far as rock legends. Definitely Dave Grohl from the Foo Fighters. Of course Linkin Park."

Source

So really, its free game and could be anyone. We didnt see that Owen Pallett colab coming until pretty much weeks before the release of the album.

Just because he mentioned LP in an interview doesnt mean its on the cards. He did name several other artists in that interview.

I'm not sure what interview you're referring to (edit: just saw you posted it). Aoki and Mike have tweeted at each other/posted group pictures a couple times over the past year. They've met up.

Edited by Xero21

I just hope it is guest instrumentation, no guest vocals or anything. I would HATE THAT. No guest stuff on main albums. Leave that for remixes and stuff.

I pretty much guarantee if this song is the "exciting stuff within the next month" Mike was referring to (I can't see any reason why it wouldn't be), it WON'T be on the next album, despite what the article says. They wouldn't be releasing something intended for an album if the album wasn't finished, or at least VERY close to finished.

Edited by Astat

This track is probably going to be like We Made It back in 2008 - unassociated with a particular LP album.

I don't really care who's featuring on the track, as long as it doesn't suck.

If they will play it live at all.

Some hip-hip artist will be great.

I remember Mike being asked if there was an MC he would like to collaborate with and he mentioned Kendrick Lamar and A$AP Rocky by name. That would be something. I think he probably meant a solo collab though, not with LP. Then again, something like We Made It would be great though. Personally I like both of those artists better than Busta Rhymes...just my opinion though.

Also, they never had a "real" song with Jay-Z.

Very true. Imagine if Holy Grail was featuring Chester instead of Timberlake... would give it a whole new sound and probably be my favorite song. lol

Very true. Imagine if Holy Grail was featuring Chester instead of Timberlake... would give it a whole new sound and probably be my favorite song. lol

Nah, Chester would've wrecked that song, in a very bad way.

Timberlake's perfect for that song though. I could imagine Chester "over-singing" it, if you know what I mean.

"While a few songs will feature Bennington's recognizable vocals, much of the material is new territory for Linkin Park. "There’s a different mindset going into scoring a movie than making a record because you're trying to capture the scene without having the music distract you from what you’re looking at," Bennington said. "We’re trying to capture the emotional quality of the film so there's a lack of structure and there aren't very many parts when compared to radio songs. Also, there are different characters in the movie that require different threads of sounds. So there's a lot of cool elements we’re working with."

Holy fuck!!! It won't just be all instrumental - several songs will have vocals! Awesome

"Hahn has started shooting the film, but there is no scheduled release date. Linkin Park are creating the soundtrack with help from Deadsy drummer Alec Püre."

This is great too!

"Linkin Park have already finished one song for their new album and they'll be releasing it soon, Bennington says. The track features a yet-unnamed special guest."

So really, its free game and could be anyone. We didnt see that Owen Pallett colab coming until pretty much weeks before the release of the album.

This wasn't really a collaboration, Pallett just arranged and played the strings just as if David Campbell could have arranged them, for example