"Darker Than Blood" Available Now!

RogueSoul

Steve-Aoki-Darker-Than-Blood-ft.-Linkin-

Steve Aoki's new single featuring Linkin Park, 'Darker Than Blood,' is available for purchase now! The song is to be featured on Aoki's upcoming album, "Neon Future II", which features many other guest artists, including J. J. Abrams, Rivers Cuomo, Snoop Lion, and more. The album is due out on May 12. Aoki and Mike recently shot a music video for the song together - they both gave us some behind the scenes action on Periscope earlier in the week! The video currently does not have a release date, but we'll keep you updated.

The "official" debut of the song is set to be tomorrow (April 13) on a variety of avenues. Mike and Steve will be stopping by at KROQ studios to debut the song to radio - tune in between 8-9 PST if you want to catch it! Later in the day, Mike and Steve will be debuting the song via Steve's twitch.tv channel, while the two play Mortal Kombat X (place your bets on who'll kick who's ass - my money's on Shinoda).

The song will be available for purchase everywhere tomorrow.

LISTEN:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dylan, tomorrow is the 13th, not the 14th. And it's Mortal Kombat, not fucking Combat. Get it right. :P

So, in regards to the song, I'm really liking it for what it is. It's not meant to be this really complex, elaborate song with the best lyrics ever. It's a dance song, and not a bad one at that. Given the fact that I was actually expecting a lot less than what we got, I'd say I'm pleased with it. I know I'll be in the minority on that, though.

Edited by CASTIELOFSASSEXPERIENCE

I didn't think they could come up with something worse than ALTNC.. I guess I was wrong. I hate to see the "Linkin Park" name attached to this. I wonder how much the others members (besides Mike and Chester) contributed to this song.

Agreed. This is not up my alley at all. I'll go ahead and say downright garbage, but that's just my opinion. ALTNC was REALLY bad, and this somehow is even worse.

Agreed. This is not up my alley at all. I'll go ahead and say downright garbage, but that's just my opinion. ALTNC was REALLY bad, and this somehow is even worse.

I like both songs. All due respect, but it's seriously just a matter of opinion. Plus, the fact that neither song is on a main LP album makes it easier to disregard if you don't like them.

DTB isn't the best song ever, but it's good for what it is. It's catchy, and Mike and Chester prove once again that they sound great singing in harmony. Nice collaboration. I really like the second verse, and the bridge.

It's so fucking frustrating to have been a fan of Linkin Park for such a long time and read these comments. Not just in this thread about this particular song, but in almost every thread with new music in it.

Linkin Park tried so hard to break out of the nu-metal stigma in 2007 and they did. But somehow, they've still managed to keep these fans who only accept the first few albums and consider everything else to be shit. 8 years later and you still read these comments.

I personally get extremely offended when I go on a website that is supposed to be a ''fan-site'' and have to read comments by the creator of the site that this is ''downright garbage'' just because he doesn't like it. Music is fucking subjective. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean that someone as doesn't.

I happen to really enjoy this song. Mike and Chester did a great job and I enjoy both of the collaborations they have done with Steve Aoki. I wish they would do more with Steve, to be honest.

Linkin Park is a band that isn't afraid to take chances and expand themselves and I love that about them. I just don't love the fact that there are still these type of people that are fans of the band. If you don't like it, that's fine. But you don't need to say that it's ''downright garbage'' just because it's not something that you personally enjoy. It just seems weird to see someone who is the creator of a fan-site for Linkin Park saying that.

Is it worth even responding to that? :lol:

You're the ONLY one who's even mentioned nu-metal in the two threads. We have opinions, and we can speak them, regardless of how harsh they are.

I prefer ALTNC, but I enjoy this song for what it is. The drop is meh (honestly prefer the live ones) and the bridge is fantastic.

It's so fucking frustrating to have been a fan of Linkin Park for such a long time and read these comments. Not just in this thread about this particular song, but in almost every thread with new music in it.

Linkin Park tried so hard to break out of the nu-metal stigma in 2007 and they did. But somehow, they've still managed to keep these fans who only accept the first few albums and consider everything else to be shit. 8 years later and you still read these comments.

I personally get extremely offended when I go on a website that is supposed to be a ''fan-site'' and have to read comments by the creator of the site that this is ''downright garbage'' just because he doesn't like it. Music is fucking subjective. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean that someone as doesn't.

I happen to really enjoy this song. Mike and Chester did a great job and I enjoy both of the collaborations they have done with Steve Aoki. I wish they would do more with Steve, to be honest.

Linkin Park is a band that isn't afraid to take chances and expand themselves and I love that about them. I just don't love the fact that there are still these type of people that are fans of the band. If you don't like it, that's fine. But you don't need to say that it's ''downright garbage'' just because it's not something that you personally enjoy. It just seems weird to see someone who is the creator of a fan-site for Linkin Park saying that.

i'm with you Geki. 👍🏼

I personally get extremely offended when I go on a website that is supposed to be a ''fan-site'' and have to read comments by the creator of the site that this is ''downright garbage'' just because he doesn't like it. Music is fucking subjective.

He said it's his opinion. That's the point, it's subjective. I personally don't find any LP/DBS/FM song garbage, and I like this song a lot as well. But people are different, and you can't expect their brains to function the same way as yours. We're all still fans because we do like a lot of the work that they produced/produce.

Dude stop getting so offended. You are entitled to enjoy this song as much as someone else is entitled to hate the entire thing. Nobody here has even mentioned nu-metal. Not liking this song doesn't mean someone wants nu-metal back. If you like it, enjoy it, listen to it.

I think I understand where you are coming from. Its the fact that you really enjoy it that makes it all the more personal, hence the reason it sucks when a couple of 20-40 year old fucks talk about Linkin Park sucking since they left their Nu-metal phase, not specifically talking for this site, but in general (for example the Linkin Park facebook page having people attack the shit out of the preview because its not Hybrid Theory and Hybrid Theory part 2).

I can understand that because I enjoy their newer material just as much as the next big fan, and I will admit is the reason I'll probably end up leaving LPA, just a bunch of close minded ATS loving elitists. Still, I suppose for a working like this, its not 100% Linkin Park material because they didn't exactly design the beat for the song, hell, I'm sure they didn't even establish a foundation for this unlike ALTNC. I'm sure that if those vocals were used in an LP song, it would receive less hate than what its getting now.

I'm loving this, seriously

the vibe is dark, chaotic, the vocals are so good Mike and Chester combo will never fail, this track feels more Linkinparkish than Light, it reminds me of ATS plus dance beats, congrats to Aoki he really captured the vibe of LP with his own world, I love every second of this!

Thanks Linkin Park for being a band that can adapt to any fucking genre, that's why I fucking love this band they can do whatever they want, thanks to LP i'm in love with a lot of genres.

Geki I completly agree with you man, I don't understand some fans that complain about everything that LP does, I would accept comments like CASTIELOFGLASS he explained why he didn't like it in a polite way, but calling this garbage is sad.

The perfect example of the SHITTY OLD SCHOOL FAN is joe_lp he bashes the band all day all night, and still he likes the first albums and probably his life is so boring that he can't live without talking crap in one of the most important LP fan sites

why is he a VIP member? why are you here? hi Very Important Shit loool

Mark I think you should control that fucking animal.

I think I understand where you are coming from. Its the fact that you really enjoy it that makes it all the more personal, hence the reason it sucks when a couple of 20-40 year old fucks talk about Linkin Park sucking since they left their Nu-metal phase, not specifically talking for this site, but in general (for example the Linkin Park facebook page having people attack the shit out of the preview because its not Hybrid Theory and Hybrid Theory part 2).

From what I've seen, the casual fans (who know LP mainly from OSC, ITE, and Numb) seem to feel like LP hasn't been relevant since MTM came out. It's pure ignorance and THOSE are the comments that I take personally.

On this site, people tend to have strong opinions sometimes, but at least they're educated, informed opinions formed by people who listen to Linkin Park regularly. It's not a personal attack on the band when Hahninator says he hates DTB. Just because he is the founder of LPL, that doesn't mean he can't express a negative opinion about a release if that's the way he feels.

By the way, sometimes I think joe_lp just enjoys trashing LP honestly. That is the most ironic situation ever, because he obviously no longer cares for LP, yet he's on an LP fan site (of all places) dissing them lol.

Edited by Justin

Geki I completly agree with you man, I don't understand some fans that complain about everything that LP does, I would accept comments like CASTIELOFGLASS he explained why he didn't like it in a polite way, but calling this garbage is sad.

I mean, I never said I disliked it. I actually really like it compared to how I feel about most EDM. :P I get what you're saying, though.

You are right.All LP albums are unique and awesome in their own ways.This applies to Recharged too.And its really annoying to see anti Living Things comments.

Truth be told, I think some might fail to realize that Hahninator has every right to his opinion on this, or any track for that matter, regardless of his status on this website. As a matter of fact, were his position on this website, or any, to influence his opinion of any music produced by the acts these sites are based upon, then said opinions wouldn't even be worth considering.

And on that note, I actually tend towards his opinion on this song. I might not go as far as to call it garbage (though, if I do eventually form that opinion, I have no reservations in expressing it), but I don't see this song bringing anything to the table but a rehash of work that has been done to death... To death.

Let's be at least a little objective here. Instrumentally (is this even the right word to use considering probably every last sound was electronically created?), there is nothing new, interesting or exciting, and I could go on. And why do we still make it a point to discuss "the drop"? Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are only so many ways that you can "drop" the beat in a generic EDM song. If any one song can restore "the drop" to an art form (if it ever was), it certainly isn't this. It doesn't even make sense to address the vocals; lyrically or sonically. I'll go out on a limb and say this song took near ZERO effort, and it shows.

Maybe that's the whole point though. Maybe it does what it was intended to do. I'm sure it will catch the ears of the inattentive mainstream for a few minutes. But is that enough to give it credit where it isn't due? Not for me.

Edited by Wayne7x