Chester Joins Stone Temple Pilots

Xero21

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

STP were my first 'favorite band' when I was younger, dating back to buying "Core" on cassette and looping it forever. I still think their "MTV Unplugged" performance is my favorite of all the Unplugged episodes, too. Very cool to see two bands I love intertwined this way and I dig the new song, though it reminds me of Velvet Revolver more than STP or LP.

I wonder how long this will last, though, at least under the name STP. Scott has said in interviews that he owns the name of the band, and even if he doesn't, I think it disrespects STP's legacy to EVER replace Weiland and continue to tour/record. Bands like AC/DC and Van Halen have done the same thing with great success, but it just puts a bad taste in my mouth, similar to Sublime with Rome using "Sublime" as part of their band name despite having only one original member.

STP were my first 'favorite band' when I was younger, dating back to buying "Core" on cassette and looping it forever. I still think their "MTV Unplugged" performance is my favorite of all the Unplugged episodes, too. Very cool to see two bands I love intertwined this way and I dig the new song, though it reminds me of Velvet Revolver more than STP or LP.

I wonder how long this will last, though, at least under the name STP. Scott has said in interviews that he owns the name of the band, and even if he doesn't, I think it disrespects STP's legacy to EVER replace Weiland and continue to tour/record. Bands like AC/DC and Van Halen have done the same thing with great success, but it just puts a bad taste in my mouth, similar to Sublime with Rome using "Sublime" as part of their band name despite having only one original member.

What a coincidence.

Edited by Geki

This is great, Chester sounds alot better on these songs than when he performs with LP

Because Chester has a rock voice, and LP no longer makes rock music, just electronic shit.

Because Chester has a rock voice, and LP no longer makes rock music, just electronic shit.

Okay...seriously? I've been wondering for a long time, but are you like, mentally stable at all? You seriously do complete 180-degree turnarounds from praising Linkin Park to writing them off as shit on a damn near weekly basis. I have NEVER seen someone go from sucking the collective dicks of a band to talking shit about them as many times as you have. At least people like Joe and spraypaintinkpens are consistent when it comes to being haters. Jesus christ.

Got to love people jumping on the "Chester Bennington is the new STP vocalist" bandwagon. Apparently performing on stage with and collaborating on one song with a band means you've joined it.

I remember back in '04 when Jonathan Davis, Bert McCracken and Jay Z all joined Linkin Park. Move over, Slipknot.

Chester has confirmed that he is now the lead singer of Stone Temple Pilots and Linkin Park. Also they are considering an album and tour. Video here. Source ChesterBNetwork.

I posted this in the OP to try and keep all the info in one place.

Also this confirms that Scott had no idea about this.

Chester has confirmed that he is now the lead singer of Stone Temple Pilots and Linkin Park. Also they are considering an album and tour. Video here. Source ChesterBNetwork.

I posted this in the OP to try and keep all the info in one place.

Also this confirms that Scott had no idea about this.

FUCK

Okay...seriously? I've been wondering for a long time, but are you like, mentally stable at all? You seriously do complete 180-degree turnarounds from praising Linkin Park to writing them off as shit on a damn near weekly basis. I have NEVER seen someone go from sucking the collective dicks of a band to talking shit about them as many times as you have. At least people like Joe and spraypaintinkpens are consistent when it comes to being haters. Jesus christ.

I never said I hated Linkin Park at all, obviously I don't. I love LP and always will, no matter what. I was just saying that Chester is much better live in rock bands then he is with LP, live wise. He enjoys it a lot more obviously and his voice IS more fitted for a rock band, then it is a electronic band like Linkin Park. I don't see how that means that I hate the band. ATS and LT are very heavy electronically. I don't understand what you mean.

this video answers about a lot questions.

Album - Possibly.

Tour - Possibly.

Edited by Skipees

I never said I hated Linkin Park at all, obviously I don't. I love LP and always will, no matter what. I was just saying that Chester is much better live in rock bands then he is with LP, live wise. He enjoys it a lot more obviously and his voice IS more fitted for a rock band, then it is a electronic band like Linkin Park. I don't see how that means that I hate the band. ATS and LT are very heavy electronically. I don't understand what you mean.

Chester said something about it:

Stone Temple Pilots has this sexier, more classic rock feel to it. Linkin Park is a very modern, very tech-heavy type of band. It was kind of nice. I got to use my voice tonight. I got to sing and show my range a little bit. I still got to through a little scream in here and there but it’s really just so much different. I grew up listening to these guys. When this opportunity came up, it was just like a no-brainer.”

Chester said something about it:

Exactly, LP is now a tech heavy band. Electronic. Chester also said in this interview that he enjoyed being able to use his voice and show his range. What I got from that is that with LP, it's more tech heavy and harder to be able to show his voice because it's not rock music like STP.

Edited by Geki

FUCK

lol sorry I couldn't post it faster :P

I felt like during the interview that Chester was bursting to say that "HELL YES I'M THE NEW SINGER OF STONE TEMPLE PILOTS!" And then at the end he didn't seem to want to get Scott upset, even though the other band members didn't seem to mind.

It is a bit of a different matter now that we know he is the officially the lead singer of STP, but I'm going to trust Chester. I highly doubt he'd screw us over, and he keeps saying in interviews that LP is his number one priority.

I think I'll save my money for Sunset Strip and check out STP if they hit Dallas.

Also whoever said LP would tour with STP. Chester had a hard enough time doing the one show, I can't imagine him doing both. Though I haven't heard many STP songs, they seem to be easier on his throat, but I still doubt they'd do a Fort Minor/LP type thing with STP and LP.

somebody knows what's Mark Wakefield phone number? you know.. just in case. :lol:

Lol Mark Wakefield was horrible. The reason that LP ever got signed to Warner and made it successfully was because of Chester's voice. If Chester leaves Linkin Park, I don't think LP would even continue to make music. But everyone shouldn't worry, Chester will not leave Linkin Park. He has said it like 4 times just last night.

80% people here and there are crying that Chester is leaveing LP. OMFG even if, so what? Shit happens :P

It's really stupid for people to think he is leaving when there is proof that he isn't. He flat out said he would never sacrifice anything in Linkin Park for other projects. He said it was PROJECT, just like Mike did with Fort Minor, like he did with Dead By Sunrise, and how Joe directs movies and music videos. Jesus Christ. When Chester was with Bucket Of Weenies, making a whole new band with Dead By Sunrise and touring, and playing with Camp Freddy, I don't remember anyone worrying about if he would quit LP or not. He will never quit. When LP decides to stop making music and touring, it will be a collective opinion from the whole band. I am 99% positive, and it won't be for years. He made an album and toured DBS, right? He never left LP. He just wants to have fun with STP. He said ''possibly'' an album and tour. If he does an album and tour with STP, it doesn't mean he will say ''fuck linkin park, I am the lead singer for STP.''. STP is no where as big as LP and he wouldn't do that.

Edit the quote on leaving btw :P

And I've already seen some stupid people posting that he is so it's 80% of what I've seen not 80% on lpl.

edit: 800 posts right here :P 200 more to go haha

Edited by michalangelo