Your NOOB LP moment

Maybe not a real noob moment but for like 8 years or so I thought Drag It Out + the drum song (both from the Meteora making of) was a real part of the demo until I found out recently that someone just mixed those two because they fit together.

For quite a while I tought the Given Up lyrics were "I'm sick of your lying" instead of "feeling". Chester does sing it a bit weird in the studio version imo.

It's funny you say that because in the MTM booklet, it's actually printed ''I'm sick of living''. I always wonder why the lyrics to GU, BIO and NMS all have a bit different lyric spots in the booklet. Were they demo lyrics or whoever printed them heard the lyrics wrong? Some of the lyric changes are a drastic leap from what they actual lyrics are, so I find it hard to believe that someone could have mistaken the words for what is there.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I used to think it said ''I'm sick of living'' like it's printed in the MTM booklet. I always wonder why the lyrics to GU, BIO and NMS all have a bit different lyric spots in the booklet. Were they demo lyrics or whoever printed them heard the lyrics wrong? Some of the lyric changes are a drastic leap from what they actual lyrics are, so I find it hard to believe that someone could have mistaken the words for what is there.

I think "In Pieces" have a different lyric in booklet, too.

Before I was a hardcore Linkin Park fan, I thought that Given Up was a lesser-known Green Day song. I only knew the bigger singles from LP, and they never swore in any of those, so I didn't think it could have been an LP song, so I just assumed it was Green Day for some reason.

I was actually one of those idiots that thought "I can't faint the way I did before" were the chorus lyrics to Faint... not one of my brightest moments.

You're not alone man, But this went a bit too far for me. I though that the song is about fainting, I thought it's about something like "When I faint, then I won't be ignored".

I remember back in 07, when i first started listening to LP. I had this poster from the MTM era, but i used to watch the "numb" video everyday, and in that video Chester has glasses on, but on my poster he didn't. So i actually thought it was a complete new singer on the poster, for a while i thought it was amazing, how similar he sounded xD

I remember back in 07, when i first started listening to LP. I had this poster from the MTM era, but i used to watch the "numb" video everyday, and in that video Chester has glasses on, but on my poster he didn't. So i actually thought it was a complete new singer on the poster, for a while i thought it was amazing, how similar he sounded xD

Wow, I thought I didn't remember a noob LP moment, but you reminded me of something similar. Back in like 2004 (being 10 years old), I remember watching some videos from Live in Texas and thinking that the black-haired vocalist is a different guy from the blond Chester I knew. Damn, I feel like a thousand years have passed since then.

When Its Goin Down came out I assumed LP had broken up or that Chester had left (actually I could never remember their names- no internet- so it was 'the blonde singer with a silly name'!!!) and that Reanimation was a sort of greatest hits released by the record label so didn't buy it until after Meteora!

There was that one time when I labelled the band as "Heavy Metal". Then again, I was only 9.

Lol. Honestly, though, I consider Chester's screams to be better than most metal and screamo vocalists that I've heard, even though Chester rarely uses it like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Haha this thread is golden!

I think mine would be as follows:

I thought the songs "dedicated" and "system" where both solo efforts from mike and Chester. Though I was partly right with system it was a few months before I knew its origin from the "queen of the damned" OST and that Dedicated was actually an old LP b-side!

My other involved The songs Part of Me+ambient. I originally downloaded the majority of LP's music from Limewire, WinMX or other free mp3 sites. When I downloaded part of me it was a cut 4 min version of the song. A while later while downloading other songs I saw there was a "12" minute version of part of me. Imediatly I downloaded it thinking it was a super awesome extended version of the song, only to discover a lot of random static for the rest of the song. I stupidly deleted it before getting to the Ambient part of the track. Later I found out my mistake and promptly re downloaded the track :lol:

I'll post more once I remember. I'm sure I have loads I've forgotten :D

• 10 months later...

It was 2012. At that time I was starting to like LP. One day I was with my friend watching all SAW saga, when we saw that Chester's scene my friend told me:

- Hey, he look like Linkin Park's singer.

Me - You're right, he looks like him.

Now we both laugh when we talk about It :lol:

Sorry for my english :blink:

Edited by mauriciokkp

There was that one time when I labelled the band as "Heavy Metal". Then again, I was only 9.

That's not incorrect, because nu-metal subgenre of (heavy) metal. :D And heavy metal is not a subgenre of metal, just shortening. :D

ON:

When I tought they changed their name because of the ambient-breakbeat band, Hybrid, but actually other Hybrid Theory named rock bands exists. :D

Edited by LPMaskMan