Your NOOB LP moment

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all have atleast one! and when you discover the truth about some fact you feel stupid lol

When Reanimation was released i was in love with FRGT10 and for years i thought that Chali did the chorus but i later realized that it was Chester's modified vocals lol

When I started listening to LP I had only pirated copies of CDs, and some of them were like Under Attack or LPU 2.5.

Well, the thing is that I knew that there were two versions of High Voltage, but I had only one, and I thought that it was original (HTEP), and numerous times I asked everywhere to send me the remix, and when someone did - I couldn't figure out what was the difference between them.

Then after a while, I downloaded original and was surprised to find out that I always had the Reprise version

The first version of My December I ever had was a sped up version, I though it was the normal one for a quite a while.

Back in 2002 I think, I downloaded Reanimation, or better said, I pieced it together from Kazaa, I had a lot of wrong songs on the album like Part Of Me and Ambient xD

For years, I had fake versions of some songs on Collision Course. Those were mashup of the right songs, but fan-made. One of them was an OSC/99 Problems mashup, but it didn't have any apparent part of POA, so until the time I discovered the truth, I wondered why the fuck that song was named OSC/99 problems/POA.

I also thought for some times that Under Attack was an official LP record.

I thought a Grey Daze song (Sickness) was made by LP, until I discovered the existence of Grey Daze.

I thought Chester was singing on the Adema song: "Giving In".

There are probably others... :lol:

It was 2007 and I was just getting in to LP. My friend told me about "What I've Done" so I decided to download it from Limewire (I know, what was I thinking? :(). I was someone who fell for the Tribal Ink thing where their songs were hidden behind Linkin Park titles. So I was listening to one of their songs for weeks thinking it was "What I've Done".

yeah, i had the same problem with reanimation like AndOne ;)

My brother gave me reanimation, but it wasn't the official cd. He downloaded it somewhere i think. The problem was, that only a few songs were the right ones (frgt10, p5shng, wth>you). Most of the songs were demos (untitled, crawling demo, esaul...), and the short interludes on reanimation were HTEP songs like ambient, carousel, part of me. the funniest thing was, that kyur 4 the itch had some samples from some moby song, so i thought LP made a song with moby :D

and ppr:kut was very strange, too. i never heard that anywhere else. it was kinda remix, with a lot of echos and so on.

this was 2007, and i believed this was the real reanimation until 2009 or so until i bought the original CD :D

for a very long time i didn't knew about "Hybrid Theory EP", i knew some songs from it but not that it was released as EP.

what leads me to the next story:

not sure if it was 2003 or later, but i saw the "Under Attack (B-Sides)" CD in some small CDs store, i was thinking it's fake because i never saw it in the main stores so i didn't bought it. everytime i was pass by the store, i was thinking maybe it's not fake and i'm missing something, so eventually i bought it.

the songs from Spiritfall, (həd) p.e., Grey Daze, and some of the HTEP i considered as not LP at all. i thought Grey Daze "singer" sounds really like Chester but it's not him :lol:.

---

btw, one day i decided to look for it over the internet and found out there are 4(!) versions of "Under Attack", some of them with 19 track and some with 20. i bought this one - Front and Back.

Edited by Skipees

I believed that the "Hardly Breathe" track by Hydroponikz which "featured" Chester was a real legit song, not a fan made thing. although that said, when and why were his parts to that "song" recorded? they must have been intended for use somewhere...?

that and when I first heard Mmmm Cookies! i deleted the tracks because I thought I'd downloaded another band's EP by accident.

when and why were his parts to that "song" recorded? they must have been intended for use somewhere...?

it's from the album "White People" by "Handsome Boy Modeling School". the track called "Rock 'N' Roll (Could Never Hip-Hop Like This) (Part 2)". the song featured also Mike with the "Spell It Out" verse which also confused a lot of people. Edited by Skipees

When I got into more than just the usual LP releases in 2004, I started grabbing the LPU albums, etc. I mean I still remember listening to a mix album of the HTEP and LPU 2.0 on a burned CD with a portable CD player and headphones haha.

My confession: I always thought Chester said "Thailand peoples in the house" instead of "Dilated Peoples" on High Voltage LPU2.0, ha.

Before I really got into music, when I would listen to pretty much whatever was on the radio, Numb/Encore was in pretty high rotation on my favorite station, and - for real here - I thought that Jay-Z was a member of Linkin Park that had left and came back. Then I started really getting into music and realized how stupid I was.

Also, I thought that LP formed in 1990 for a while, for no reason whatsoever.

My friend told me a funny story that fits this topic: back in 2001, the video for In the End came on MTV, and he was like "I don't remember this Eminem song."

Before I really got into music, when I would listen to pretty much whatever was on the radio, Numb/Encore was in pretty high rotation on my favorite station, and - for real here - I thought that Jay-Z was a member of Linkin Park that had left and came back.

Thread Winner: SomedudeRemix :lol: (no offence..)

In "She Couldn't", I thought Chester said "You know, she couldn't stay with you" but it was "Even though, she couldn't stay here with you" and when Mos Def's sample came in, I thought for the longest time it was Mike's voice and I couldn't make out what it said for some reason.

It's probably going to be that thing about TINFOIL live haha

that's something new lol

i want to read about your old school noob moments :D

well time for another noob moment

-When I received my HTEP back in the 2001 i had a great time listening to it, one night i left it on repeat while i was sleeping when i wake up i heard some weird noises and i grabbed my headphones to check it out so a new track appeared and i got super excited because i didnt know that Ambient was in the cd lol, i thought that my cd was messed up

Edited by Linkin Joze