Your NOOB LP moment

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first saw a video of Wish performed live, I thought it was a legit new LP song. I didn't understood English at the time, so I didn't figured out they said it was an other band's song.

Oh, and yes, this one is really bad but: Numb was the first LP song I ever heard, but soon after, I figured out a different version of it was often played on TV with a black MC. So...I thought Numb/Encore was the official song, and Numb was only a remix of it. How freaking dumb :lol:

Edited by Qwerty18

1. The first time I heard my first Linkin Park song "Nobody's Listening," I thought Mike Shinoda was Jay-Z and that was the collaboration they did.

2. At a NJ devils game around the time I was just getting into the band, right before Projekt Revolution 2007, my dad saw a shirt promoting the tour and pointed it out to me, and I thought My Chemical Romance was the name of LP's upcoming album. :D

Thinking Mike was half Russian, until he shot that rumour down in the FM forums.

I remember this as well. People used to say he was half Russian and half Japanese, I thought that for a while as well.

Kind of a n00b moment, back in like 2004, I didn't really have access to a computer a lot and I didn't know how to download music and stuff back then, so all I had was the LP CD's that I could purchase in stores. Anyways, a guy that worked at my family's business was super into computers and stuff and he burned me some LP CD's that he found on Limewire apparently. They were Under Attack and this CD that had the Colorado Springs 2004 show on it. To me, that show was the holy grail. It's such a low quality bootleg, and it was missing OSC for some reason, but I played the shit out of that CD, until later that year we got a nice computer and I learned how to go on sites and download music and burn my own CD's. Then I found all the awesome LP stuff.

I used to think Mike was black before looking up a pic of the band.

I thought Chester sang on Red to Black.

I thought Hardly Breathe was a real song.

I thought a lot of the fake LP songs that popped up on Limewire and what not during the start of the MTM era were real.

I thought the Step Up and It's Goin' Down part of the hip hop melody were covers because I had never heard either one before watching RaR 04.

I used to think Mike was black before looking up a pic of the band.

I thought Chester sang on Red to Black.

I thought Hardly Breathe was a real song.

I thought a lot of the fake LP songs that popped up on Limewire and what not during the start of the MTM era were real.

I thought the Step Up and It's Goin' Down part of the hip hop melody were covers because I had never heard either one before watching RaR 04.

it's like you made "Greatest Hits" from everybody's stories :lol:.

When the Medal of Honor trailer came out on Aug 1, 2010 I thought it used some kind of instrumental/extended version of Catalyst. It wasn't until the music video was released on Aug 25, 2010 that I realized there wouldn't be additional lyrics/verses.

2. At a NJ devils game around the time I was just getting into the band, right before Projekt Revolution 2007, my dad saw a shirt promoting the tour and pointed it out to me, and I thought My Chemical Romance was the name of LP's upcoming album. :D

I like this one!

I believed that the "Hardly Breathe" track by Hydroponikz which "featured" Chester was a real legit song, not a fan made thing.

Oh shit really ?! How stupid I feel right now. I thought that too, before I looked in this topic. :D

My biggest LP NOOB moment was singing the wrong lyrics to Leave Out All the Rest. It took me a while to put all the MTM songs on my mp3, so I never looked at the jacket for the what the proper lyrics were. I can't remember what I thought they were, but I remember is was "I shed by I'm me" that I couldn't get lol. I think it was something like "of shit that I made" :P

I believed that the "Hardly Breathe" track by Hydroponikz which "featured" Chester was a real legit song, not a fan made thing. although that said, when and why were his parts to that "song" recorded? they must have been intended for use somewhere...?

that and when I first heard Mmmm Cookies! i deleted the tracks because I thought I'd downloaded another band's EP by accident.

My second NOOB moment just happened 2 minutes ago when I read this. Wow. It was a really fantastic fanmade mix. I always got confused when the Handsome Boy Modeling Track becomes involved. I thought Hardly Breathe was just a section of that big track. Oops.

holy shit, a lost of people fell with the Hidroponiks track lol, he always sounded so amateur to me, btw the original song is so fucking cool, kinda weird because it just seems like 3 different tracks per one.

some people knew it's fan-made.

some people didn't knew it's fan-made.

some people (and me lol) knew where it came from, but thougt he got permission to do it.

• 2 months later...

For the longest time I did not know what Chester was singing in the APFMH chorus. The part where he says "I wanna be in the energy not with the enemy, I need a place for my head." I had to literally see those lyrics written before I understood them lol.

Also I wasn't aware that Reanimation even existed until after Collision Course came out!!! Seems crazy now, being the fan that I am :P

• 4 months later...

Maybe not a real noob moment but for like 8 years or so I thought Drag It Out + the drum song (both from the Meteora making of) was a real part of the demo until I found out recently that someone just mixed those two because they fit together.

For quite a while I tought the Given Up lyrics were "I'm sick of your lying" instead of "feeling". Chester does sing it a bit weird in the studio version imo.

When I was younger, I loved It's Goin Down and got the single when it came out.

For a long time I thought it was a Linkin Park track featuring the X-Ecutioners that was put out under the latter's name as a way of keeping the release low key (it is not uncommon for rappers to do 'featured tracks' as a favor for others and vice versa.). Also X-Ecutioners were involved with Reanimation later the same year.

For a long time I thought that Brad played guitar on it. Then Wayne Static as he appears in the video. Apparently neither of them actually play on the song.

The video confuses matters further by featuring Phoenix and Rob 'playing' bass and drums respectively, but they didn't play on the actual song.

And a second one: I thought that Minutes To Midnight, especially "Leave Out All The Rest" and "Shadow Of The Day" was an attempt to cash in on the popularity of emo. It was really only after "She Couldn't" leaked that I realised they always had this sort of song in them but had done mostly nu-metal.