Projekt Revolution Update

hahninator

I updated the other thread, but since I know some of the guests of LPLive only read the Newswire on the homepage, I thought I would post it there so noone is confused and we can set things straight.

As far as Projekt Revolution 2009 goes, the band has not confirmed anything yet. Until we see an official announcement, I'd not consider anything to be set in stone. I am personally sorry for any confusion we may have caused regarding the tour - LPLive did not mean to upset anyone, etc. Basically, the poll was posted on the official LP SodaHead page, leading to some confusion, but all things have now been set straight. Keep your eyes out for future announcements from the band - hopefully they will do the tour in some form. You can definitely count on LPLive having any announcements by the band shortly after they are released.

SodaHead had this to say in an email to their members:

An unauthorized poll was sent to Linkin Park fans the other day. Linkin Park in no way approved this message nor the contents of the email and poll. In no way should that poll or email reflect the views of Linkin Park or any organization working with them. We apologize for this occurrence and have taken precautions to make sure this does not happen again.

Funny, cuz I was the first to point out that the link might be BS and that you shouldn't have posted something like that on the newswire because it would hurt the credibility of lplive.net if it turned out to be false. hate to say i told ya so..but why the hell did my post get DELETED? Censorship to cover one's ass FTW LMAO

I responded to this below, and please check your inbox. - Persephone

Edited by persephone

from now on im not trusting anything said on LpLive, unless there is a link attatched to linkinpark.com, mike shinodas site or chesters site, or even their myspace. not that anyone on this site would deliberately announce an untrue tour, but i got rly excited over it, and its happened before. theres nothing wrong with this site tho

Funny, cuz I was the first to point out that the link might be BS and that you shouldn't have posted something like that on the newswire because it would hurt the credibility of lplive.net if it turned out to be false. hate to say i told ya so..but why the hell did my post get DELETED? Censorship to cover one's ass FTW LMAO

It was posted because until this point Sodahead had been a reliable source for Linkin Park related touring information.

Your post was deleted for flaming the staff.

He can post whatever he likes on his website. You dont like it? get out then. your acting way immature at this point you should get warning points but thats out of my hands.

from now on im not trusting anything said on LpLive, unless there is a link attatched to linkinpark.com, mike shinodas site or chesters site, or even their myspace. not that anyone on this site would deliberately announce an untrue tour, but i got rly excited over it, and its happened before. theres nothing wrong with this site tho

then you might as well not go to any fansite at all. because sites like lpassociation lpprojekt lptimes post shit all the time. you should just stay on linkinpark.com until news comes out.

oh and btw that link was on cbennington.com as well so good luck. and besides you and "thesungoesdown"

here

It was posted because until this point Sodahead had been a reliable source for Linkin Park related touring information.

Your post was deleted for flaming the staff.

QFT kthxbai

don't like it???

Get the hell out...

QFT. get out if you dont like how this site is run

damn...i told alot of ppl the tour was confirmed. im gana look like an ass now lol. anyway if it does happen id love for depeche mode to sign on. they r working on a new album so it would make sense

man i feel you i told my pops i wanted PR tickets for Graduation. dammitt =[

oh and btw not to shoot you down Depeche Mode would never open for LP they are wayyy to big

Edited by lilIverson09

He can post whatever he likes on his website. You dont like it? get out then. your acting way immature at this point you should get warning points but thats out of my hands.

Hmmm. *Whistles innocently*

Seriously though, no more flaming in this thread please. Mark and the rest of us work hard to bring you what we believe to be legitimate news, and as I previously stated, Sodahead was previously one of those sources that we thought was dependable.

Ok, the post deleted thing was the work of a mod, and she has addressed that to you in a PM. Next,

That is really silly to say, if you ask me. It's also disappointing for me to see members post that here, because I consider LPLive a reliable source. The fact of the matter is, LP management has not only confirmed to me but to numerous others (including Jen of CBennington, who also posted this stuff) that the band has an official page on SodaHead, and that the poll was from the account. However, it was SodaHead that did the post, not the band or the band's management, and it was in error. This is not an issue of LPLive reporting something inaccurate - this is a mistake on SodaHead's part. I did my part by posting it and linking to the official source, and yet you say you don't trust my site anymore. So you don't trust LPTimes or CBennington either?

You have to realize everyone makes mistakes. Sure I'll take responsibility for posting it, but I think you guys are blowing things way out of proportion. It's not an issue either of "Oh it's my site, I can post whatever the fuck I want and if you don't like it then don't let the door hit you on the way out". I don't operate that way. I like everyone here and I'm glad you're members of LPLive. Never am I deliberately going to post false news (April Fools day excluded) to trick you guys. I had an official source and I posted it. That's all there is to it. Like I said, it's disappointing to see you say the credibility of my site is damaged by this. Sure, SodaHead is not LP.com, but the band does have the official account there and it came from that. Obviously I wasn't the only one that was fooled, and obviously I didn't try to trick you all on purpose, because other sites had it up as well.

I try to post links to ALL sources of news I put in Newswire. It's necessary in today's technologically-advanced times and I understand that, which is why I do it of course. I don't want you guys to think I was trying to fuck with you or trying to jump to conclusions. It was an error on SodaHead's part, as you can see by that email they sent out, and I apologize again for those of you who are upset by this. I agree with Astat and think they leaked it too early, but that is neither here nor there.

If you still have any issues feel free to post them and I'll address them - no problem. I love free speech and if you don't like something or the way we do something, then let me know and I'll see what I can do about it. Just know that I never would try and deceive the members of LPLive like you guys seem to be portraying - I had an official source and sometimes, those turn out to be in error. That has happened before - see the Music For Relief Istanbul, Turkey 2008 show that they announced early that never happened. Sometimes official sources are incorrect and make mistakes, but that's only human - everyone does that and I see no need to drag it out and start accusing person A or site B of falsifying things. I hope I haven't upset anyone over this.

I do thank Adam of the LPU and KATHYxx for alerting me to the mistake SodaHead made and working with me on the issue.

Thanks.

Surprise, surprise...knew this was bs. People want it to happen so bad that they get carried away. I'd be shocked if there was a PR this year. There just isn't enough time to get an album done, tyhen get it properly mixed, sound edited, etc.....then get a tour going.