9) Iridescent (Original)

10) Meteora Full B-Side

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New wish list. Why not...

01) Pictureboard (1997 Demo)

02) 21 Stitches (''Given Up'' Demo 2006)

03) Ammosick (Unreleased Demo 2011)

04) Holding Company (''Lost In The Echo'' Demo 2011)

05) ''Thoughts That Take Away My Pride'' (Unreleased Meteora Demo 2002)

06) My December (Team Sleep Remix)

07) Patients (''No Roads Left'' Demo 2006) *Featuring Chester's vocals

08) Chunky Munky (Unreleased Minutes To Midnight Demo)

09) Meadowlands (''Waiting For The End'' Demo 2010)

10) Metal Detector (Unreleased Minutes To Midnight Demo) *Title sounds heavy. Lol.

As long as it had Pictureboard, Thoughts That Take Away My Pride, My December (Team Sleep Remix) and Patients, this would be the ultimate LPU CD, it wouldn't matter what the other tracks were. Although those are all demos I would want highly.

Edited by Geki

10) Metal Detector (Unreleased Minutes To Midnight Demo) *Title sounds heavy. Lol.

As long as it had Pictureboard, Thoughts That Take Away My Pride, My December (Team Sleep Remix) and Patients, this would be the ultimate LPU CD, it wouldn't matter what the other tracks were. Although those are all demos I would want highly.

Except NRL, this list is the best so far. I don't want to hear Chester's version of NRL simply because Mike made that song good. Chester would've fucked up. That song and In Between with Chaz are the only two stuff I don't want to hear. Even if I'm a MTM fan and I would like to hear every MTM-era demo, just no.

I actually want songs from there Sophmore album that they trashed before meteora came out,they said the had the songs finished if im correct but that they trashed it all and began new songs..I always wondered how those songs were and if tracks from that album will ever surface

Except NRL, this list is the best so far. I don't want to hear Chester's version of NRL simply because Mike made that song good. Chester would've fucked up. That song and In Between with Chaz are the only two stuff I don't want to hear. Even if I'm a MTM fan and I would like to hear every MTM-era demo, just no.

Lol I don't think he would have fucked it up, it would just sound way different.

I actually want songs from there Sophmore album that they trashed before meteora came out,they said the had the songs finished if im correct but that they trashed it all and began new songs..I always wondered how those songs were and if tracks from that album will ever surface

That is SUCH a gross exaggeration it's not even funny. I can't believe people are still taking something Phoenix said in passing 10 years ago as gospel. Basically all he said was that they discarded a bunch of their demos that would have become their second album and wrote a bunch of new ones. We know that they didn't trash EVERYTHING, because Somewhere I Belong, From the Inside, and Session all date back to 2001, Breaking the Habit dates back to like 1998 (at least the lyrical concept does), and we know that Faint and Lying From You were originally demoed in the back of the band's tour bus as well, meaning they were conceived in early 2002 at the latest. LP didn't begin proper studio sessions for their second album until late August of 2002, so any fully-completed songs from that era would have been recorded after that.

They didn't record an entire album and then trash it. That's a ridiculous idea considering they only spent about 5 months in the studio for Meteora (the album was done by the end of January 2003). There's NO WAY they could've recorded two albums in that time...they barely even finished one (Chester didn't finish vocals until the album was already being mixed).

Tracks from the "discarded sophomore album" would include stuff like Broken Foot and Halo that we've gotten on the past few LPU CDs.

perfect set man :)

Acoustic CD? Fuck yeah

• In The End
  • What I've Done
  • IN MY REMAINS
  • Waiting For The End
  • Numb
  • Burning In The Skies
  • Iridescent
  • POWERLESS
  • CASTLE OF GLASS
  • Points Of Authority
  • A Place For My Head
  • ROADS UNTRAVELED
Edited by Soul

One other idea that I keep coming back to is that LP could do an LPU CD that compiles all of their live intro/interlude instrumentals that aren't parts of other songs. They had a LOT of these in the 2004 and earlier periods that they obviously had to record in studio quality to use in the first place (I'm assuming they all have names that we don't know about too), but they never wound up being used outside of live performances. There are a few that sample other artists' material that would probably be off limits, but still...

Who wouldn't want a studio quality version of

?

Or this?

Or this?

etc...

One other idea that I keep coming back to is that LP could do an LPU CD that compiles all of their live intro/interlude instrumentals that aren't parts of other songs. They had a LOT of these in the 2004 and earlier periods that they obviously had to record in studio quality to use in the first place (I'm assuming they all have names that we don't know about too), but they never wound up being used outside of live performances. There are a few that sample other artists' material that would probably be off limits, but still...

Who wouldn't want a studio quality version of

?

Or this?

Or this?

etc...

Too awesome to happen though

And to say something different, I'd LOVE an acoustic cd.

same here, but not as LPU cd, from LPU i prefer to get the demos. they can release it as iTunes EP or something. "Acoustic Live Around The World".

same here, but not as LPU cd, from LPU i prefer to get the demos. they can release it as iTunes EP or something. "Acoustic Live Around The World".

...except they haven't done shit acoustically besides at Summits and KROQ 2001. Live Around The World wouldn't be suitable, but that's not the main point. I agree, LPU for demos, release this as an EP or something.

Phoenix practically confirmed at the Camden summit Q&A that they would never do a full acoustic LPU album. I think it's a safe bet to assume we are getting demos for LPU13, which I am definitely not complaining about. Back in the day, everyone used to bitch that LP never released any demos or anything and now that they have been, people don't like it. I have complained about some of the demos so far being too many instrumentals, but overall I would rather have demos than stupid live tracks or remixes which are even worse. I'd rather hear anything than a remix. Anyways, I think we will get 3-4 songs with vocals and the rest instrumental demos like usual. Maybe the last MTM b-side, or the Meteora song with the ''thoughts that take away my pride, trapped in places deep inside'' chorus. I don't expect Pictureboard or My December (Team Sleep Remix) to be honest. I also don't expect the No Roads Left version with Chester's vocals.

...except they haven't done shit acoustically besides at Summits and KROQ 2001. Live Around The World wouldn't be suitable, but that's not the main point. I agree, LPU for demos, release this as an EP or something.

this is the reason i said "Live Around The World", because they haven't done acoustic shows often(/almost never). but acoustic song from one show and another one from another show etc.. it's more possibly.

Back in the day, everyone used to bitch that LP never released any demos or anything and now that they have been, people don't like it.

who don't like it? i've never heard someone saying "why the band released demos?". Edited by Skipees

Judging by the past LPU summit performances, they could release like a 6 song acoustic EP with these songs. I didn't count the acoustic 3 songs from AAC 2001.

1. Leave Out All The Rest (Acoustic)

2. The Messenger (Acoustic)

3. The Little Things Give You Away (Acoustic)

4. IN MY REMAINS (Acoustic)

5. Rolling In The Deep (Adele Cover) (Acoustic)

6. Burning In The Skies (Acoustic) (Shown in LPTV)

They also did The Catalyst (Acoustic) in a LPUTV episode and it sounded awesome.

I wouldn't mind some live/acoustic songs if it's something we don't have already. I'd prefer a well done acoustic version anytime over some random instrumental track. At least that would be something I could listen to many more times.

They could release these songs mentioned above but on the other hand they were not properly recorded, not good enough to put on a CD.

I don't want to hear some fans singing or off-beat clapping. Why the fuck do people even have to sing along to acoustic songs. I want to hear the damn band sing.

Camden was alright but holy shit, the fans in Hamburg really ruined the acoustic songs. At least for me.

Judging by the past LPU summit performances, they could release like a 6 song acoustic EP with these songs. I didn't count the acoustic 3 songs from AAC 2001.

1. Leave Out All The Rest (Acoustic)

2. The Messenger (Acoustic)

3. The Little Things Give You Away (Acoustic)

4. IN MY REMAINS (Acoustic)

5. Rolling In The Deep (Adele Cover) (Acoustic)

6. Burning In The Skies (Acoustic) (Shown in LPTV)

They also did The Catalyst (Acoustic) in a LPUTV episode and it sounded awesome.

+

Breaking The Habit (Piano)

My December (Acoustic/Piano)

Pushing Me Away (Acoustic/Piano)

In The End (Acoustic)

Crawling (Acoustic)

Numb (Acoustic)

It would be awesome if they recorded studio versions of these and released an acoustic CD.