LPU 13 Wishlist

Skipees

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 :D LPU without LP? :unsure:

I'd honestly rather have live tracks than a bunch of boring instrumentals TBH. That's also why I'd rather have some FM/DBS demos on there instead.

I'd honestly rather have live tracks than a bunch of boring instrumentals TBH. That's also why I'd rather have some FM/DBS demos on there instead.

so we need FMunderground and DBSunderground :D

When I used to think of ''demos'' on LPU CD's back in like 2008 before they started doing the demo LPU CD's, I thought of songs like Dedicated, Qwerty and stuff like that. I never thought we would get heaps of instrumentals. We have got some good demos over the years for sure (ATL, WWDK, I Have Not Begun, Slip, Blue, So Far Away and more) but I just don't see the point in putting tons of instrumentals on the LPU CD's. Some people like them I guess. What I hate even more are the half completed demos. Stuff like Asbetos, Debris. I loved when the LPU CD's were just a nice mix of rare live songs and demos with vocals.

I want Meteora Remixes! ^_^

It said on Wikipedia that chester stated that some were made but no plans of them being released,not sure if thats true or not but remixes would be cool! Like i remmeber watching some summer sanitarium special where they were messing around with the keys for Numb and it sounded pretty cool

I want Meteora Remixes! ^_^

It said on Wikipedia that chester stated that some were made but no plans of them being released,not sure if thats true or not but remixes would be cool! Like i remmeber watching some summer sanitarium special where they were messing around with the keys for Numb and it sounded pretty cool

Yeah there are several confirmations of Meteora remixes existing and the band wanting to release them. I believe a general interview, an LPU chat and a SS03 interview all mention it. I can find sources if you want.

these two are very cool, but i can't say it about Fear.

Almost all of the LPU9 demos that had vocals were half completed, such as Faint, Figure.09, Fear and Drum Song. But I thought those were really cool because they were demos of songs we all knew and loved at that point, so it awesome seeing how the song evolved from the original ideas into what they are on the albums. I didn't think Asbestos or Debris were cool because they were incomplete and probably just random seed ideas that never made it far into the writing process. I know Debris was worked on again during the ATS period, but by then they probably either changed up the vocals, or added a second verse, I think we should have got that version. It also sounds more like an ATS demo to me, but that is besides the point. I guess what I mean here is that I was genuinely disappointed by LPU12. All the other LPU releases were boss. I like Homecoming and So Far Away, but other than those, I don't like the rest. They just sound very much like a raw seed to me and I expected more quality demos for paying 60 dollars a year.

Yeah there are several confirmations of Meteora remixes existing and the band wanting to release them. I believe a general interview, an LPU chat and a SS03 interview all mention it. I can find sources if you want.

That would be great B)

Almost all of the LPU9 demos that had vocals were half completed, such as Faint, Figure.09, Fear and Drum Song. But I thought those were really cool because they were demos of songs we all knew and loved at that point, so it awesome seeing how the song evolved from the original ideas into what they are on the albums. I didn't think Asbestos or Debris were cool because they were incomplete and probably just random seed ideas that never made it far into the writing process.

most of the time my priority in LPU cds is:

Unreleased Songs->Full Demos (of songs that we don't have)->Instrumentals->Live Songs>Paritial Demos. to see how the songs evolved from the original idea, i can watch LPTV/Making Of XYZ.

i don't like the idea of live songs in LPU cds, what's "Undergroud" in live songs? (exclude Wish/Hip Hop Medley for examples, which are rares as official releases.)

Edited by Skipees

I guess what I mean here is that I was genuinely disappointed by LPU12. All the other LPU releases were boss. I like Homecoming and So Far Away, but other than those, I don't like the rest. They just sound very much like a raw seed to me and I expected more quality demos for paying 60 dollars a year.

You're talking like they sell the CD for 60 dollars. Both digital and physical version are sold for 10 dollars. And if you don't want to pay for the CD, you can always download it for free. Just saying.

You're talking like they sell the CD for 60 dollars. Both digital and physical version are sold for 10 dollars. And if you don't want to pay for the CD, you can always download it for free. Just saying.

I could download it for free, or not join, but LP is one of the only bands that I physically buy all their stuff and merch, etc. I like to support LP. I don't really care what's on the CD's anymore honestly, I got some sick MTM demos over the years from them, so I can't complain too much.

Skipees, I meant the cool live tracks from back in the day. Basically the live tracks that aren't on LPU3, LPU5 or LPU7. The rest I thought were really awesome to have. I still love them all, Wish, OSC with Jonathan Davis, Qwerty (live), Reading My Eyes (live), etc.

Edited by Geki

Skipees, I meant the cool live tracks from back in the day. Basically the live tracks that aren't on LPU3, LPU5 or LPU7. The rest I thought were really awesome to have. I still love them all, Wish, OSC with Jonathan Davis, Qwerty (live), Reading My Eyes (live), etc.

yes, these are the kind of live songs that fit to the "underground" idea. so we agree about that.

---

LPU3 = A Thousand Suns: Puerta De Alcalá = REALLY?

I didn't mind LPU3 or LPU5 because Live In Texas CD didn't come with those songs on it, and the webcast audio for Live 8 sucks ass compared to the quality on the LPU5 CD. The only LPU releases that I hated were LPU7 and LPU8. LPU7 because we had a DSP for every single show pretty much on PR07 and they definitely weren't the best performances of the songs chosen like said on the CD. I also thought the mmm...cookies CD was stupid for a LPU release because it was the only LPU music we got that year besides Lockjaw and Crawling, it was almost like a slap in the face to me. It's funny, just not for a LPU release, they could have gave that to us another way. All other LPU albums were great.

LPU5 is the biggest piece of shit released by LP ever. The sound is completely horrible. It sounds so fake, so many fixed mistakes and the icing on the cake is the distortion the tracks have. I can't believe that they even released it that way. The mastering engineer must have been asleep.

Sure the webcast quality wasn't good, but there's also the TV version. The mix is off but still better (and the complete performance) than the fake LPU5 crap.

LPU3 is complete bullshit too, there was absolutely no reason to not put the whole LIT show on the CD.

I didn't mind LPU3 or LPU5 because Live In Texas CD didn't come with those songs on it, and the webcast audio for Live 8 sucks ass compared to the quality on the LPU5 CD. The only LPU releases that I hated were LPU7 and LPU8. LPU7 because we had a DSP for every single show pretty much on PR07 and they definitely weren't the best performances of the songs chosen like said on the CD.

well, they should put the LIT in 2 CDs or inside the DVD. about LPU5 i believe this is the show with the most views ever, so again - there's nothing "Underground" about it.

LPU7 it's definitely the biggest failure in LP career.

Edited by Skipees

LPU5 is the biggest piece of shit released by LP ever. The sound is completely horrible. It sounds so fake, so many fixed mistakes and the icing on the cake is the distortion the tracks have. I can't believe that they even released it that way. The mastering engineer must have been asleep.

Sure the webcast quality wasn't good, but there's also the TV version. The mix is off but still better (and the complete performance) than the fake LPU5 crap.

LPU3 is complete bullshit too, there was absolutely no reason to not put the whole LIT show on the CD.

LPU7 because we had a DSP for every single show pretty much on PR07 and they definitely weren't the best performances of the songs chosen like said on the CD.

3, 5, and 7 were silly. TLTGYA on 7 was a good pick (I can vouch since I was at the show) but I don't know about the rest. 2, 4, and 6 had really great material. All 3 of those had exclusive demos/b-sides and excellent live tracks that were unique. Stuff the hardcore fans would want to hear (like RME and High Voltage) instead of general crap like BTH again and again.

I was livid about 8 initially, but I think it was just really bad timing. I enjoy it now. Right before 8 launched Shinoda said there would be "new" music on it, so instantly everyone thought a CD like 2, 4 or 6, especially after 7 being all live. What, that was November 2008 right? We had the reports of Mike in the studio in Prague that year, had the statement 8 had new music, and the Asian Tour was just canceled the month before, ending the MTM touring cycle. So the fans exploded due to a combination of all of that. Oh well, lol, what can you do.

9 is my personal favorite. 9, X, 11 and 12 have all had quality material. I wonder what 13 will have. It wouldn't surprise me if they move from demos to something else like remixes for a year or something. We will see. The demos we have gotten have been quality so I'd love for those to continue.

It wouldn't surprise me if they move from demos to something else like remixes for a year or something.

no, everything except that. EVERYTHING except LPU remixes cd. i liked only 2 from the 20 last remixes.

but if they gonna "reanimate" something.. this is a totally different story.

LPU5 was good, I thought. Ethan Mates mixed the show too, btw. It was better quality to me than the webcast and I loved the Live 8 show so I didn't complain. I was at the Hartford and Syracuse shows from 2007 and they chose those shows on LPU7 but they weren't that great of shows IMO, especially Syracuse. My favorite LPU so far is definitely LPUX because I absolutely love What We Don't Know and Pretend To Be, the other demos on it are quality as well. LPU9 was epic. LPU11 and LPU12 were let downs for me. I would absolutely hate for a remix LPU release, I don't think they'd do that anyways. I bet it will be demos again, I just hope they aren't all instrumental or incomplete seeds like on LPU12.

11 has some gems. Finally the studio version of the Esaul rehearsal from Frat Party. My favorite APFMH demo. Slip and Blue are gold. Full songs around the Hybrid Theory era, not bad. The Meteora stuff was interesting...Broken Foot is heavy as fuck - sounds really similar to Faint structure-wise to me. Imagine those 2 songs back-to-back on Meteora lol.

12 I didn't enjoy much. Probably my least favorite LPU CD out of the good ones (2, 4, 6, 9, X, 11 and 12). People like So Far Away. I had no idea Mike sang that far back. But just soooooo many instrumentals.

Obviously my favorites are the full "b-side" quality songs. Across The Line and What We Don't Know. Wow, those both are songs that should have made MTM. Regardless of if you agree with that statement or not, those are both really quality fucking songs. What We Don't Know fits in perfectly. While ATL doesn't fit in that well, it's a bad. ass. song.

I'd really like to see 1 other completed song from the Meteora era. I'm sure one exists.