LPU 13 Wishlist

Skipees

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 has some gems. Finally the studio version of the Esaul rehearsal from Frat Party. My favorite APFMH demo. Slip and Blue are gold. Full songs around the Hybrid Theory era, not bad. The Meteora stuff was interesting...Broken Foot is heavy as fuck - sounds really similar to Faint structure-wise to me. Imagine those 2 songs back-to-back on Meteora lol.

12 I didn't enjoy much. Probably my least favorite LPU CD out of the good ones (2, 4, 6, 9, X, 11 and 12). People like So Far Away. I had no idea Mike sang that far back. But just soooooo many instrumentals.

Obviously my favorites are the full "b-side" quality songs. Across The Line and What We Don't Know. Wow, those both are songs that should have made MTM. Regardless of if you agree with that statement or not, those are both really quality fucking songs. What We Don't Know fits in perfectly. While ATL doesn't fit in that well, it's a bad. ass. song.

I'd really like to see 1 other completed song from the Meteora era. I'm sure one exists.

I agree with this. I think ATL only fits if you put it in between Hands Held High and No More Sorrow for some reason. Maybe because the lyrical themes for those 3 songs have war themes and stuff like that in them. Other than that, it doesn't fit well with the rest of the MTM songs, but it was a VERY good song and I'm happy we got it. What We Don't Know is actually one of my favorite LP songs, I just love it so much. LPU11 was definitely better than LPU12, I just wish Bang Three had some vocals because Mike said in the booklet that the vocal version was cool with the powerchords over the guitar solo. LPU12 was just way too many instrumentals... and it didn't help much that we got a version of Forgotten that we already have had for years and the Points demo wasn't that much different to be honest.. A waste of two demo slots and it figures they both had vocals! Usually there are only a couple complete demos on each release! I also agree with you that I want a full Meteora b-side with vocals. There is definitely some in the fault, it's just a matter of LP releasing them or not. I think LPU13 has the potential to be a great demo release because of how crappy LPU12 was.

The full show is like 64 minutes long, it easily fits on one disc, that's why it's so stupid.

so it's even worse, i really can't understand what's the point in this, i can't even find a stupid reason.

so it's even worse, i really can't understand what's the point in this, i can't even find a stupid reason.

I have no idea why LP did that with Live In Texas... The whole show fits on a whole CD! I also still don't understand why LP cut Papercut, Somewhere I Belong and Points Of Authority from the Milton Keynes show and made them 'unlockable features'. So stupid. Wake 2.0 also was not on the CD, but on the actual DVD. I don't understand why they do what they do! I'm surprised LP didn't make the Road To Revolution CD 12 tracks as well. Haha.

no, everything except that. EVERYTHING except LPU remixes cd. i liked only 2 from the 20 last remixes.

but if they gonna "reanimate" something.. this is a totally different story.

LP Underground 13: Living Things Remixed

01. Burn It Down (RAC Remix)

02. Burn It Down (Paul Van Dyk Mix)

03. Burn It Down (Swoon Remix)

04. Until It Breaks (Datsik Remix)

05. Roads Untraveled (Rad Omen Remix feat. Bun B )

06. Burn It Down (Bobina Remix)

07. Until It Breaks (Money Mark Remix)

08. Powerless (Enferno Remix)

09. Castle Of Glass (Mike Shinoda Remix)

10. Lost In The Echo (Dual Personality Mix)

11. Lost In The Echo (Soundcrafters Remix)

:lol:

01. Burn It Down (RAC Remix)

02. Burn It Down (Paul Van Dyk Mix)

03. Burn It Down (Swoon Remix)

04. Until It Breaks (Datsik Remix)

05. Roads Untraveled (Rad Omen Remix feat. Bun B )

06. Burn It Down (Bobina Remix)

07. Until It Breaks (Money Mark Remix)

08. Powerless (Enferno Remix)

09. Castle Of Glass (Mike Shinoda Remix)

10. Lost In The Echo (Dual Personality Mix)

11. Lost In The Echo (Soundcrafters Remix)

:lol:

Wow, that is such a great tracklisting!! :rolleyes:

wrong title, should be:

"Burn It Down and More"

"LPU13: Again and Again"

"The One"

"And Twenty"

"Burn It Down: Repeat Edition"

"Mmm...Burnitdown and Sweet Hamster"

"Burn the Sweet Hamster"

i'll stop here because i can do it all day.

Edited by Skipees

wrong title, should be:

"Burn It Down and More"

"LPU13: Again and Again"

"The One"

"And Twenty"

"Burn It Down: Repeat Edition"

"Mmm...Burnitdown and Sweet Hamster"

"Burn the Sweet Hamster"

i'll stop here because i can do it all day.

I have a new signature quote now :D

I don't get why everyone hates LPU12. Still loads better than 3, 5 & 7! -_-

I'd rather have neat instrumentals than live tracks we've heard a million times before.

Anyway, For the LPU CD's I'd probably rate them as follows:

1 > 10 > 11 > 6 > 9 > 12 > 2 > 4 > 8 > 7 > 5 > 3

I don't get why everyone hates LPU12. Still loads better than 3, 5 & 7! -_-

I'd rather have neat instrumentals than live tracks we've heard a million times before.

Anyway, For the LPU CD's I'd probably rate them as follows:

1 > 10 > 11 > 6 > 9 > 12 > 2 > 4 > 8 > 7 > 5 > 3

To me, I don't even put all the LPU CD's in the same category. I separate 1-8 with 9-12 because LPU9 started the trend of 10 demos each CD which is awesome, even though LPU9 only had 9. 1-6 were cool back then to me because we never got DSP's or any live stuff that was super HQ back then so it made it special. Plus the odd demos that were on the CD's were cool to have as well.

As far as rating goes, I would say this for me (in order of best to worst)

1. LPUX

2. LPU9

3. LPU11

4. LPU12

I really didn't like LPU12 to be honest. I was super excited at first because there were 5 MTM on it and that is what I wanted. But when I heard the MTM demos, I didn't like them. Only 2 of them had vocals and they were incomplete vocals at that. I was hoping for more stuff like ATL, WWDK, Pretend To Be, Pale, etc when I think of MTM demos. I also didn't see the need to add Forgotten which we already had for ages, or Points. I know people liked Points because it had the 2 second difference, but I thought it was useless personally. So Far Away is solid gold, and I love Homecoming, but I don't really like any of the others. LPU11 wasn't the best but I did like that one a lot because of Slip, Blue and Bang Three.

To me, I don't even put all the LPU CD's in the same category. I separate 1-8 with 9-12 because LPU9 started the trend of 10 demos each CD which is awesome, even though LPU9 only had 9. 1-6 were cool back then to me because we never got DSP's or any live stuff that was super HQ back then so it made it special. Plus the odd demos that were on the CD's were cool to have as well.

HTEP is really great EP even compare to another bands EPs, so for sure compare to another LPU CDs. i separate like this:

HTEP

9/10/11/12

2/4/6

3/5/7

Edited by Skipees

I've come to the conclusion that the only LPU CD that I actually hate is LPU7. I like all the other CD's. I love LPU5 and I will stand by that, I know everyone here hates it, but I don't. LPU3 was cool because those songs weren't included on the CD. LPU7 just sucked IMO. We had the WHOLE tour in DSP's, not reason to make a 10 track CD for the fanclub. The band also said it was ''their favorite performances'' of the songs, yeah right. There is no way those were because I can personally think of way better performances from the tour.

The band also said it was ''their favorite performances'' of the songs, yeah right. There is no way those were because I can personally think of way better performances from the tour.

but i don't think Mike just choose random performances in five minuets for LPU cd. unless he's not the one who choose them.

Edited by Skipees

but i don't think Mike just choose random performances in five minuets for LPU cd. unless he's not the one who choose them.

That's what I'm saying, there is no way the band chose the tracks. Some of them are good performances, like TLTGYA from Atlanta and Faint from Holmdel, but the other's are just meh compared to some other performances from the tour.

Shinoda chose LPU9, LPUX, LPU11 and LPU12. I don't think he chose LPU7. And of course he helped pick 2-6.

Shinoda has helped give us some awesome stuff over the years.. Back in 2008 I would have never thought we would get stuff like Across The Line, What We Don't Know, I Have Not Begun, Pretend To Be, Slip, Blue, So Far Away and all the other awesome rare stuff as well.

Shinoda chose LPU9, LPUX, LPU11 and LPU12. I don't think he chose LPU7. And of course he helped pick 2-6.

according to this as long as Mike choosing the tracks for the LPU CDs, we are not gonna get live/remixes (not by the band) tracks. where to sign? :lol:

I like the idea of studio quality intros and some studio quality acoustic stuff. Am I the only one that thinks a cover cd would be awesome? I think we all liked when they covered Sabotage and Wish. Chester covered Adele. For them to pick a few songs and "linkinparkify" them would be sweet.

Am I the only one that thinks a cover cd would be awesome? I think we all liked when they covered Sabotage and Wish. Chester covered Adele. For them to pick a few songs and "linkinparkify" them would be sweet.

whole cd of covers it's just too much.. + they already released all(/most?) of there covers already, so it's must be new stuff and i can't imagine the band add covers to setlist just for this.

Yeah, a whole LPU CD worth of covers is way too much. I do wish we have a HQ version of My Own Summer, but we already have HQ versions of Wish, Rolling In The Deep, Sabotage, Little Boxes and others. I just want demos again this year, but some really cool ones.

Yeah, a whole LPU CD worth of covers is way too much. I do wish we have a HQ version of My Own Summer, but we already have HQ versions of Wish, Rolling In The Deep, Sabotage, Little Boxes and others. I just want demos again this year, but some really cool ones.

but most of them are only live songs...

a studio cover version cd would be great (but I think there will be too many legal issues with the original artist)

but most of them are only live songs...

a studio cover version cd would be great (but I think there will be too many legal issues with the original artist)

studio versions covers it's a different story, but this thing fit more to EP/iTunes release not to LPU CD. the thing about LPU is to get things that they already did.

studio versions covers it's a different story, but this thing fit more to EP/iTunes release not to LPU CD. the thing about LPU is to get things that they already did.

I think that the LPU should only get demos from now on and not any live/covers/remixes.