LPU 13 Wishlist

Skipees

my guess is there that there won't be a huge amount of demos from LT since the process was so fast. they obviously recorded a lot of stuff, but nothing compared to how big a bank of demos they have for say, MTM or ATS

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my guess is there that there won't be a huge amount of demos from LT since the process was so fast. they obviously recorded a lot of stuff, but nothing compared to how big a bank of demos they have for say, MTM or ATS

I wouldn't mind if LPU13 consisted of 5 MTM demos and 5 ATS demos to be honest. I still really want that ''thoughts that take away my pride'' demo but I don't think we will ever get that. I bet if we were to get that song, we would get a instrumental demo of it. Hahaha.

I wouldn't mind if LPU13 consisted of 5 MTM demos and 5 ATS demos to be honest. I still really want that ''thoughts that take away my pride'' demo but I don't think we will ever get that. I bet if we were to get that song, we would get a instrumental demo of it. Hahaha.

No, nor me. I love hearing the demos, and I often don't care what era they're from - the thought processes are really interesting to hear. Haha yeah, I doubt if we'll ever hear those demos we've all been pining for, but I still love being surprised by some gems that we all had no idea existed! It's all relative.

I was thinking what I would like in LPU13 or another LPU's:

-A Xero song with Chester, or a unrealesed Xero song (even like Coal)

-Reanimation cut-off songs, specially My>Dsmbr Team Sleep

-Some Meteora unreleased demo with vocals (don't know why LP never released one, except for Faint and Figure.09 ones). And we know that exists this ones (Take Away My Pride, Drag It Out...)

-More Minutes to Midnight unreleased demos (at least one complete demo, like Across the Line)

-Heavy MtM demos, from 2005 era (even if was seeds, like Sad or Stick And Move)

-A Thousand Suns demos (I will love hear some "inedits" demos, like the "original" Iridescent, or "...Show Me What You Got"). And LP should release some ATS stuff besided "Robot Boy" Alternate or I Have Not Begun (I even don't have sure if the last one counts as ATS Demo XD)

-Some live "things", like intros/outros (I know that could be bullshit, but i'll be happy with a "Ballad Medley", for example, without the crowd noise)

-And, of course, demos from songs, like Geki said, that we know and love XD, like this ones:

--Pushing Me Away (if exists a different version); Don't Stay (aka Sick); Somewhere I Belong (at least one of them XD); Figure.09 (w/ singing verses and rapping verses too); Easier to Run; Hit the Floor; Given Up (aka 21 Stitches); No More Sorrow (aka Ebow); No Roads Left, w Chester Vocals; The Little Things Give You Away, all Mike Vocals; Leave Out All the Rest, complete with Mike vocals; The Catalyst (aka Violent Lullaby); Blackout (aka Pac-Manny); Burn It Down (aka Buried at Sea); Victimized (aka Battle Axe)... and others

(shit, long post XD)

Don't know what this is, but I'm gonna add it to my list. :P

You can hear it in 5:20 minutes from Meeting A Thousand Suns

Also, in the previuos post, I forgot Pictureboard (don't know why XD) but, I forgot from another "interesting" song. I think that is called "Amnosick" or something like that. I don't know, this song is mentioned in MtM and ATS and never see the light of day, seems like Debris (that we had in previous LPU12). Well, we will see.

i think that except HT and LT, you cover every possible stuff that could be in LPU CD.

Yeah, sorry about that :).

But, at least, I'm happy with this, beacuse show that LP had a lot of material for future LPU releases.

Yeah, sorry about that :) .

But, at least, I'm happy with this, beacuse show that LP had a lot of material for future LPU releases.

nothing to be sorry about, just leave a few tracks for others.. :lol: Edited by Skipees

1. Take Away My Pride (13th Meteora song)

2. A HT/Xero-era demo with Chester on vocals

4. A demo with Mike on vocals

5. MTM demo with vocals

6. Left Right (ATS Demo) Is this that the "Show me what you got" demo that everybody talk about? Because Left Right is the real name of it.

7. Ammosick (MTM/ATS/LT-era demo)

8. Figure .09 (Only Rap Demo)

9. Sick (Don't Stay Demo with Reggae Style guitars)

10. HT-era slow song (like She Couldn't)

I'm sure we will get 10 songs, 1 will be with vocals, like a Papercut demo, and 1 will be something we already have, like a Pts.Of.Athrty demo, and 8 will be varying instrumentals with no vocals from MTM and ATS. No LT I bet.

you take it too far.. 8 instrumentals??

LPU 9 ,10 ,11, & 12 - was 50%-50%, so what makes you think it will be mostly instrumentals?

Edited by Skipees

you take it too far.. 8 instrumentals??

LPU 9 ,10 ,11, & 12 - was 50%-50%, so what makes you think it will be mostly instrumentals?

I'm not excited for the LPU13 CD anymore because this is actually the depressing reality of it. We will get demos of songs WE ALREADY HAVE and HAVE HAD, and we will just get some boring instrumentals to demos that had vocals at one point, but we get the shitty version of them.

The LPU CD's always are, especially LPU11 and LPU12. At least LPUX had full songs like What We Don't Know, I Have Not Begun and Pretend To Be. LPU9 was epic too.

Edited by Geki

I'm not excited for the LPU13 CD anymore because this is actually the depressing reality of it. We will get demos of songs WE ALREADY HAVE and HAVE HAD, and we will just get some boring instrumentals to demos that had vocals at one point, but we get the shitty version of them.

The LPU CD's always are, especially LPU11 and LPU12. At least LPUX had full songs like What We Don't Know, I Have Not Begun and Pretend To Be. LPU9 was epic too.

You know we have no right to bitch about getting demos we already have because technically we shouldn't even have them (except for the What I've Done remix) and you have no proof that the instrumentals we get ever had vocals on them.

You know we have no right to bitch about getting demos we already have because technically we shouldn't even have them (except for the What I've Done remix) and you have no proof that the instrumentals we get ever had vocals on them.

Wtf? What do you mean we shouldn't have them? I'm talking about In The End & Esaul from LPU11, as well as Points Of Authority and Forgotten from LPU12. Yes, there were a few minor changes in these demos, but nothing really at all to people that aren't super technical. All I'm saying is I would have rather had demos of complete b-sides for albums like they have released in the past, such as Across The Line, What We Don't Know, I Have Not Begun, Pretend To Be, Slip, Blue, etc. And I do believe that I have a right to complain about the CD's if I choose to because I have paid for the LPU every year since 4.0, and have paid the 60 dollar membership for 3 years in a row now. I would also think Adam and the band would want to know their hardcore fans honest opinions more than us just saying it's cool even though a lot of us don't agree with it always.

you got a strong points, but since we know that the band already know what we have, we can grouse about it.

This is a true fact. However I don't think Shinoda would have wanted to know what demos we had if he was just going to release stuff we already had. I believe technically speaking there are difference in the WID (MS remix), ITE (LPU11) and all the rest, except Forgotten from LPU12. That is the first song we've gotten that we already had in that exact same form. So that's really cool they've only had ONE song on the LPU demo CDs (LPU9, LPUX, LPU11, LPU12) that the fans already had. And hardcore ones at that - surely over half of the LPU didn't even know about it haha.

We've gotten some total gems on the LPU albums. Esaul, Across The Line, What We Don't Know, etc. I know we bitch at the end of the day about so many instrumentals but hey at least the band is releasing some stuff to us and ones like Halo, Coal, Broken Foot, Soundtrack, Program, etc are pretty sweet.

LPU12 is my least favorite one because yeah, I liked the Meteora instrumental demos on LPU11 a lot (I really wanted to hear more of the band's sound on that album) but 12 had an excess of the instrumentals for my taste. Bunker, Clarity, Ominous, Pepper. I could have just done with Homecoming, Asbestos, So Far Away, and Debris. However, those are 4 legit demos we didn't have before and the instrumentals at the end of the day are neat so I'm down for whatever they give us.

I understand what you're saying but I think you have to be a bit naive though if you think some of these instrumentals didn't have vocals on them. Now that we know they edited Across The Line, Faint and Sad before putting them on the LPU9 CD, we can safely assume some of these other songs have had edits done. I'd assume Faint (LPU9) had rough chorus vocals, Figure.09 had rough verse vocals, etc. Asbestos maybe had rough chorus vocals. MTM demos probably had vocal scats like the LOATR demo, etc. Maybe not all of them but probably a few were removed. It's not a big deal at the end of the day because I'd probably not want some of that stuff released either if I was the band lol.

We've gotten some great, full "b-sides" (what I call completed songs from an album that didn't make the cut) and those are easily my favorite. What We Don't Know, Blue, Slip, Across The Line, So Far Away. Hopefully one from Meteora makes the cut for LPU13. I'd say the general consensus is the hardcore fans would like to hear 1 full, completed Meteora b-side not on the album that has vocals.

I'd say the general consensus is the hardcore fans would like to hear 1 full, completed Meteora b-side not on the album that has vocals.

I agree with this 100%. And usually we are asking for stuff like Pictureboard, Team Sleep remix of My December and No Roads Left with Chester, but this is extremely doable for LP to add on LPU13 for us.

Also here is some proof that LP does edit vocals out of the LPU songs sometimes:

"During a 2003 LPU chat, Brad mentioned that the clip of the lyrics "just drag it out, remember" in the Making of Meteora DVD were a part of the song A6 (titled A.06 on the LPU 2 CD and A-Six on the LPU 9 CD)."

Also here is some proof that LP does edit vocals out of the LPU songs sometimes:

"During a 2003 LPU chat, Brad mentioned that the clip of the lyrics "just drag it out, remember" in the Making of Meteora DVD were a part of the song A6 (titled A.06 on the LPU 2 CD and A-Six on the LPU 9 CD)."

i'm not gonna bet on this one, it's sounds to weird to be true. maybe Brad/who brings the info confused with another song?

i changed my list a lil' bit to:

1. My December (Team Sleep Remix)

2. Figure.09 (Singing Verses)/Somewhere I Belong (Demo) [one of them lol]

3. No Roads Left (Chester's Vocals)

4. Meteora (Full B-Side)

5. Pictureboard/Another Xero Demo

6. A Thousand Suns (Full B-Side)

7. With You (Feat. Ryu) (Reanimation Remix)

8. Mr. Hahn Instrumental

9. Leave Out All The Rest (Mike's Full Version)/The Little Things Give You Away (All Mike's Vocals)

10. Living Things Demo