LPU 13 Wishlist

Skipees

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the LPTV episode that Geki says?

The episode 'Summer Sanitarium Tour '03'. The full version only, the one from iTunes. I think it's on YouTube. No vocals, but the instrumental is exactly the same as the clip from making of Meteora with vocals.

The episode 'Summer Sanitarium Tour '03'. The full version only, the one from iTunes. I think it's on YouTube. No vocals, but the instrumental is exactly the same as the clip from making of Meteora with vocals.

Thanks man! Unfortunately, I couldn't find the video on youtube. forget it, I found the video! :D the song is awesome!

Edited by MacGyver

Judging by recent patterns, we will probably get 2 or 3 ''full'' demos (demos with complete vocals and lyrics), and the rest will probably be instrumental demos, as well as the LPU Sessions track.

For LPUX we got What We Don't Know, I Have Not Begun and Pretend To Be as complete demos.

For LPU11 we got Slip, Blue, In The End and Esaul as complete demos, Slip and Blue especially.

For LPU12 we got Points Of Authority, Debris (sort of complete) and Forgotten. LPU12 was meh.

I don't get why everyone hates LPU12. Still loads better than 3, 5 & 7! -_-

because we'd been spoiled by 9, 10 and 11!

right, but as you said - other bands...

this is the main problem I see with LP - the LPU idea seemed to set up this notion that the cool stuff couldn't be used as B-sides becuase it could be stored up for other releases. granted, we would probably have only ever got 'completed' demos (ATL, A.06, My December, High Voltage, etc) and would have missed out on the more subtle/vocal-less demo stuff, but think it does suck that the LPU CDs are the only place anyone will ever get to hear some genuinely unusual tracks.

if, in the future, LP stops doing the LPU cd (for whatever reason) I hope that the Cd-S's get some real kick on them, it might make me want to give a crap about the sort of stuff that pops up on ebay: "Lost In The Echo maxi single *rare* 1 track Chester Bennington Mike Shinohduh" -_-

It's also depends on what demos, LPU9 is the best example:

1. A-Six (Original Long Version 2002) - Full instrumental demo.

2. Faint (Demo 2002) - Full demo.

3. Sad (By Myself Demo 1999) - Teaser 1:08.

4. Fear (Leave Out All The Rest Demo 2006) - Nananana.

5. Figure.09 (Demo 2002) - Full demo.

6. Stick And Move (Runaway Demo 1998) - Teaser 00:55.

7. Across The Line (Unreleased Demo 2007) - Full song.

8. Drawing (Breaking The Habit Demo 2002) - Full instrumental demo.

9. Drum Song (The Little Things Give You Away Demo 2006) - Nananana Vol. 2.

Sad, Fear, Stick And Move, and Drum Song are really nice to have but not on LPU CD. They can release less but better tracks in the actual CD, and all those leftovers release one by one as LPU DLC special every three months or something.

"Lost In The Echo maxi single *rare* 1 track Chester Bennington Mike Shinohduh" -_-

:lol:

I disagree. I really loved LPU9, I thought it was awesome that they included all those demos of songs we all know and love. I liked every demo on that release. I would welcome more of it in the future over the boring instrumental demos we always get. I also love that they only release this stuff to LPU. LPU is their fanclub and they pay 60 dollars a year to be a member, they are fully deserving of all these demos exclusively. And lets be real, nowadays, nothing is exclusive when it comes to media, anyone can listen to these LPU albums. I think this argument is just stupid.

Edited by Geki

my point was that things like ATL, Blackbirds etc. could easily have been put onto a CD-S to make people actually care about the new singles, without having to go through this massive hassle of, say, creating a game to get them released..

sure, the LPU is about offering dedicated fans a new and interesting perspective on a track they know and love, but it still always gets put online for free, so it's not an exclusive club anymore..

I loved LPU9 because it wasn't just stuff that could have been put on a CD-S, it was mostly too niche to exist outside of the LPU - and that's what's needed to make people renew their membership; something that the casual fan might not care about, but that really excites the hardcore bunch

Hey Geki nice find, I never knew that was the same demo. I have a good ear when watching LPTV and immediately noticed that new song clip from the LPTV Summer Sanitarium episode the very first time I watched it in 2007. I didn't recognize it was the "thoughts that take away my pride" demo though. Very cool.

That legit might be the only full b-side with vocals from the Meteora era. Didn't they say they only recorded 13 full songs or something?

I disagree. I really loved LPU9, I thought it was awesome that they included all those demos of songs we all know and love. I liked every demo on that release. I would welcome more of it in the future over the boring instrumental demos we always get. I also love that they only release this stuff to LPU. LPU is their fanclub and they pay 60 dollars a year to be a member, they are fully deserving of all these demos exclusively. And lets be real, nowadays, nothing is exclusive when it comes to media, anyone can listen to these LPU albums. I think this argument is just stupid.

There's no argument here... From reading your answer I understand you didn't got my point at all. I'll try to be clear:

Even/because that this is exclusive club CD, they should make the CD with more "class". I said they should put better stuff on the CD and release the leftovers (stuff like the very short instrumentals and the all the "nanana" demos) as LPU downloadable content. That's all.

And another note - I like LPU9 the best out of the last 4 LPU CDs. 9 was amazing, 10 was solid but I feel like ever since 9 was released, they've been going downhill a bit. Somehow 9 was so good in my opinion (Across The Line holy shit, what an epic song) that I don't like the other 3 nearly as much. Of course there are awesome songs there, like Pale, What We Don't Know, Slip, etc but 9 is on a level of its own to me.

I'm with Geki on this. I would definitely love some "heavy" Minutes to Midnight full b-side/demo and a Meteora b-side. Holy cr@p, are already 10 years since the Meteora release and nothing. As Skipees show us, and for all the "Take Away My Pride" thing, we know that LP has some Meteora demo, so why we can't have it? They burn it all?? I don't doubt it :P

And, of course, other things can be in the CD too, as a ATS full demo, or demos from songs we already have, especially Victimized, Blackout and The Catalyst ones, IMO. But let's see what Linkin Park will bring to us.

There's no argument here... From reading your answer I understand you didn't got my point at all. I'll try to be clear:

Even/because that this is exclusive club CD, they should make the CD with more "class". I said they should put better stuff on the CD and release the leftovers (stuff like the very short instrumentals and the all the "nanana" demos) as LPU downloadable content. That's all.

I'm sorry, I didn't really understand what you were saying before. I agree that LPU should get more quality demos, while other demos, like the instrumental demos or the HT demos we keep getting that we pretty much already have, should be downloadable content.

I also agree with what Hahninator said about LPU9, I think it was the best LPU album so far. Usually when I categorize LPU albums, I categorize LPU 1-8 separately, and I consider 9-12 the 'new' breed of LPU CDs. Out of the 4 so far, LPU9 is by far the best. ATL is possibly the best b-side we have got from LP so far (I also love What We Don't Know very much) and we also got some awesome stuff like A-Six, Faint and Figure.09 demos, LOATR and TLTGYA with Mike singing, etc. They have been going downhill ever since. I did enjoy LPUX a lot, I think it was the second best. LPU11 and LPU12 weren't great, IMO. I hope LPU13 can bring something awesome to the table, like a full Meteora b-side. It's about time us fans got one, we've been waiting for 10 years. LPU is a perfect place to release it.

my point was that things like ATL, Blackbirds etc. could easily have been put onto a CD-S to make people actually care about the new singles, without having to go through this massive hassle of, say, creating a game to get them released..

This could be only if they have enough b-sides to put in the LPU CDs and the singles. Let's take LPU4 for exmple: if Standing In The Middle was a b-side of P.O.A. single, the LPU4 was only live tracks and remix. Or let's get back to LPU9, is it so great without ATL?

You meant they should use the b-sides as b-sides, which of course I agree with. In the other hand they are releasing the LPU CDs every year (and singles not every year), I don't think there are others bands that do that (?).

They can do something in the middle like ATL in LPU9 and MTM mastered for iTunes. To release 1/2 b-sides in the singles and in the LPU CDs. The other tracks in the CD will be the additional value. That way the singles will be "worthy", and LPU CDs will continue as usual. But to do something like this they should improved the other tracks value.