LPU 13 Wishlist

Skipees

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to keep in mind that ever since LP has been doing demos CD's, they have always been 10 song CD's (except for LPU9 being 9 tracks). LP used to release 6 song CD's for LPU releases. I think more people actually would have been satisfied if they continued to do 6 song releases, because they could include more b-sides on one CD without it seeming too ''full''. I think they put the instrumental/remix/HT demos on there because they don't want to give us a whole CD of rare b-sides, you know? With a 6 song limit, it would seem much more rich to us, less numbers is less of filler stuff. Some people probably enjoy the instrumental demos. I have only enjoyed a few of them. Unfortunate and Homecoming are two of my favorite non-album LP tracks. But it does get excessive. I think it's more annoying when they put stuff we essentially already have like ITE, Esaul, WID Remix, POA, Forgotten. I know they are 'alternate' versions, but VERY small changes from what we have. They are cool, but it's a waste of space for what could be an awesome live track (something rare prior to 2007 that is unrleased, like they did with HV from 01 on the HT special edition) or a b-side.

The WID remix and POA had very minor changes that's right, Forgotten had no changes. I wouldn't call ITE or Esaul a waste, I think they are different and special enough. If it wasn't for Adam we'd probably had a lot more stuff on there that we already have. WID and Forgotten might be just accidents, who knows, it's too late to change that now anyway. I think when a CD has 10 tracks and 1 or 2 tracks are not really new that's something I can easily accept.

Sad and stick n move, those were are release waste.

The most what we got before LPU8/9 were live tracks.

The LPU CDs are probably they only releases where they don't mass recycle previously released stuff.

Furthermore the fact that the label lets them release these full songs that could have made an album as b-sides tells us that we are getting some cool stuff. Across The Line, What We Don't Know, etc are legit awesome songs and could easily be used for some greatest hits release or box set someday, but we got them via LPU. Perhaps that is why they are saving the Meteora-era full b-side(s).

Esaul was not a waste because it was the Frat Party live version in studio form. Easily my favorite Esaul demo. Apparently WID remix is slightly different, I forgot what it was, and then ITE has different bass I think. I didn't know POA had a difference and I did know Forgotten was the same.

You are right that they use these incomplete demos to water down the releases. There's no doubt about that. They even edit them too. Maybe Asbestos had a chorus scat/rough take from Chester and they tossed it. We have to be oblivious to think they aren't editing stuff they're giving us. Just look at LPU9.

I think all those LPU9 edits are still very basic edits like volume or adjust starts and endings with fades etc. I'm sure that's something they've done with most of the CD's. LPU9 is just the one where we know that it happened. I don't think they go as far as removing certain elements from songs. The MTM demos either have Mike vocals or no vocals (except the finished songs), Astbestos is just pure speculation.

I hope we are getting track descriptions again and that MIKE does it again. Who was it last time, Phoenix right? "I have never heard this song before"...

With MTM, Chester did a lot of scat vocals and tons of just singing ''nananas'' over demos. It wasn't just Mike. There is no doubt in my mind that Asbestos probably had a Chester vocal at some point. Homecoming definitely had vocals at one point, I bet. It was too complete of a song instrumentally to not have vocals. MTM was the only LP album where the band collectively worked on it together as a whole throughout the process. With Meteora, they did a lot of work on the road and most of the work was done by Mike and Brad, and Chester came in later to add vocals. With ATS, Chester was on the road with DBS and doing the DBS album, he probably came in later to add vocals and stuff like that. MTM was just different. Of coarse the band (Mike) edits the demos for release, I highly doubt these are the raw demos that are on LP's hard drives. With the documentarys for the making ofs, you can see this stuff. You can even see that Chester was present in almost all the LPU photo journal pics (dating back to early 2006) and that he was there throughout as well.

Edited by Geki

Yes I agree with that. I think it is pretty likely the instrumental demos we have from MTM had scat vocals removed at the very minimum.

How angry would you be if LPU13 was the 2 new songs with the LPU Sessions winners + extra LT remixes that didn't make RECHARGED (including 1-2 that were already released)? lol

With MTM, Chester did a lot of scat vocals and tons of just singing ''nananas'' over demos. It wasn't just Mike. There is no doubt in my mind that Asbestos probably had a Chester vocal at some point. Homecoming definitely had vocals at one point, I bet. It was too complete of a song instrumentally to not have vocals. MTM was the only LP album where the band collectively worked on it together as a whole throughout the process. With Meteora, they did a lot of work on the road and most of the work was done by Mike and Brad, and Chester came in later to add vocals. With ATS, Chester was on the road with DBS and doing the DBS album, he probably came in later to add vocals and stuff like that. MTM was just different. Of coarse the band (Mike) edits the demos for release, I highly doubt these are the raw demos that are on LP's hard drives. With the documentarys for the making ofs, you can see this stuff. You can even see that Chester was present in almost all the LPU photo journal pics (dating back to early 2006) and that he was there throughout as well.

Yeah, I'd be willing to bet that a lot of the demos we've gotten from LPUX onwards had scat vocals that they removed. A lot of people have forgotten by now, but Fear and Drum Song received overwhelmingly negative criticism when they were released - "Those aren't the versions I wanted! I wanted TLTGYA with Mike on lead vocals from the LPU Referral Contest video and Fear with the "sun was still sinking" lyrics from Making of MTM! These scat vocals are stupid! The Fear demo is borderline embarrassing!" NOBODY liked the scat vocals. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if the band's response amounted to "Fine, you don't get scat vocals on any demos we release in the future then."

As for the LPU9 edits, I don't mind them one bit. Sad was just a minor "let's cut one repeat out" thing, and Across the Line sounded stupid as hell with the bridge instrumental at the beginning. The Faint one was kind of interesting, but the song still sounds better with the strings arranged in their more "familiar" fashion.

Edited by Astat

I liked the scat vocals. It really gave you a great insight on how LP creates songs and finalizes them, etc. I love that kind of stuff. I guess only the extreme hardcore fans would appreciate stuff like that.. I agree that they probably read the comments and just decided to not include scat vocals anymore. I just find it extremely hard to believe that Asbestos never got any vocals from Chester. I am 99% certain that at one point, Chester did some form of a vocal melody or whatever over the chorus. I mean they all worked on MTM together for a long time, and I am sure they tried tons and tons of different variations and experiments, etc, that we will never get to hear, just because of there are so many out there.

I also think people forget that 1 song can have multiple demos. For example, like you said, we know that LOATR and TLTGYA had multiple different demos. I bet they recorded a bunch of different versions so they can go back and work if they want to, if they didn't like the final version, etc.

Pretty sure we'll get both of those at some point though (LPU XIII?).

I thought about it, they probably have a lot of remixes that left out of Recharged. Also maybe they're keeping the IMR remix for the LPU CD (to make it "exclusive").

As long it's 1/2 remixes it's ok, but LPU release with only remixes...

We already have five options:

ALTNC (JH Mix), ALTNC (Twoloud Remix), COG Remix, Avicii Remix and DJ Fresh Remix.

I thought about it, they probably have a lot of remixes that left out of Recharged. Also maybe they're keeping the IMR remix for the LPU CD (to make it "exclusive").

As long it's 1/2 remixes it's ok, but LPU release with only remixes...

We already have five options:

ALTNC (JH Mix), ALTNC (Twoloud Remix), COG Remix, Avicii Remix and DJ Fresh Remix.

If LPU 13 is all or almost all remixes it'll kinda be overkill with remixes in my opinion..

If LP were to put out Recharged remixes that didn't make the cut on a LPU album like that, there would be people bitching left and right, maybe just as bad as when they put out LPU7. I know I wouldn't be happy, that would be the worst thing they could put out right about now.

• 2 weeks later...

LP needs to release these demos for a LPU release to please the die-hards so everyone will shut up. Including myself. Like this

01. Pictureboard

02. The Wizard Song

03. No Roads Left (Chester's Vocal Take)

04. Thoughts That Take Away My Pride demo

05. My December (Team Sleep Remix)

06. MTM Heavy Demo

07. MTM Heavy Demo

08. ATS B-Side

09. ATS B-Side

10. Rare Xero Demo

But, if they release all these demos in one LPU CD, or the best demos they think, which will be the reason to release LPU CD's? Unless they start to put live/collaborations/remixes tracks in the LPU's again or maybe in 2025 or when all the demos run out :D

But, if they release all these demos in one LPU CD, or the best demos they think, which will be the reason to release LPU CD's? Unless they start to put live/collaborations/remixes tracks in the LPU's again or maybe in 2025 or when all the demos run out :D

They could just release 10 MTM demos for each year for a long time due to the fact of how many MTM demos and seeds there are.

Don't worry, they will do LPU17 with 12 unreleased tracks from MtM and call it "Seconds After Noon" :D

But, without kidding, I'm just waiting the band release tracks enough and make in my cellphone a selection called "In Triumph and Tragedy"... why not? :D