Five Months Off

hahninator

As you probably have guessed by now, it appears that the band is not headed back out on tour between now and August, when they go to Japan for Summer Sonic. Through several sources that LPLive members are probably familiar with by now (crew statements & label staff), we know there will be about five months off from tour starting now. Many of us (yes, us included) thought a European Tour was coming soon but perhaps it will now be later in 2013.

Linkin Park is reportedly working on the soundtrack/score for The Mall between now and then the rumor is that they have studio time booked *after* August as well for a new album. Right now we don't know if the Japan shows will turn into a full Asian Tour (since LIVING THINGS has yet to have an Asian Tour) or if they will just use these shows as an "escape from the studio" like the 2006 Japan Tour. What we can be sure of, though, is that LP plans to spend a majority of 2013 holed up working on music.

Through these five months (and whatever comes after Japan), we will definitely be releasing some more LPLive exclusives in forms of both audio and video starting shortly. So get ready....

EDIT: Rumors are of course flying around about what the band will do AFTER Summer Sonic...one of which can be found here.

:( ... such a shame... they said they will play an euro fall tour in 2012... and now maybe next euro tour in 2014??? and also they played only the half of the LT songs... -.-'

Yeah pretty much a really short touring cycle for this album. It's entirely possible they'll play new songs in August (like brand new) if they have full songs from The Mall soundtrack ready. I think LP has been on the "ticket alert" in Europe (or at least Germany) for months or something right?

This touring cycle has been pretty pathetic. They've played only half of Living Things, stuck to predictable setlists, and barely touched the world in the sense of touring an album properly. When they play again they should jut shelve any new music for the love show and play the rest of LT first. I'll Be Gone and Powerless not being played is just wrong. In My Remains being dropped throughout the last leg of the tour was messed up too

This is BS! The preorder bonus in the UK included presale access to an upcoming UK tour. (Which I bought and have been extremely looking forward to every since as until last year, I had seen LP ever year since '07)

What upcoming UK tour!? It's almost a year since the presale went live and there is not even any suggestion that one is coming anytime soon. Complete and utter nonsense. Epic Fail.

Edited by Smarky

Note that only Honda Civic Tour got a batch of LT tracks. The 2012 European Festival tour was before LT released, which is why they only played Burn It Down and Lies Greed Misery in Europe last year! Can't really consider that to be on LT touring cycle..

Eurasian Tour after/following Summer Sonic seems probably. Then they die for 8 months then they come back with a new tour. Yay.

Can't wait to see what you guys have in store. Will the first of these exclusives be coming this week?

I don't want to sound like a "Hater" but...

Now, some fans from UK, Germany, a big part of Europe and US are felling what lot of fans from South Africa, South America and Mexico felt for long 10 years.

Don't hate me but, is kind of fun read some comments, looking forward for LPU Chats with coments like "Come to UK Please!" :lol:

Seriously, i think Linkin Park will play in Europe after the Summer Sonic Shows late in August.

Although the whole planning of the tour was shit, I think it's really great that they brought back With You, Runaway, APFMH and even QWERTY. Not everything was negative.

Yeah while I think it's weird the USA tour was so small (not even a Florida show, where LP always packs the place), I am glad they brought APFMH, With You and QWERTY (inside of VICTIMIZED) back for 2012. Sucks I didn't get to see Runaway, Blackout and the awesome track From The Inside, but hey I'll take APFMH and With You all day. APFMH really made the tour worth it for me. Weird how just one song can make or break a show but that was the icing on the cake for me.

Songs like Points and SIB sounded just fucking great too. Band was in great shape in summer 2012.

APFMH really made the tour worth it for me. Weird how just one song can make or break a show but that was the icing on the cake for me.

Exactly the same for me. Hearing the song Ive been waiting to hear since my first LP show back in 2007 is the best feeling ever.

I'll never forget that Sydney Soundwave APFMH shitting my pants reaction.

Exactly the same for me. Hearing the song Ive been waiting to hear since my first LP show back in 2007 is the best feeling ever.

I'll never forget that Sydney Soundwave APFMH shitting my pants reaction.

Same here!

i heard APFMH first time in 2008 in hanover and it was so great with the guitar intro and the new intro/outro is awesome as fuck :D that was the best intro of a show ever in my opinion. but two days later after Rock Im Park i saw them in berlin with the Tinfoil/Faint intro... and there was not the same energy from the beginning. and the same happens with some other songs in every setlist.

This tour saw Linkin Park come to NZ for the first time since Minutes to Midnight so I was very happy to attend my first show. As it was my first show, the setlist didn't matter at all because they would all be my first experience. I have no reason to complain about the tour.

I am looking forward to seeing what Joe Hahn has done with 'Mall' and hearing the soundtrack and score for it.

I also cannot wait to see what LPLive has up their sleeve in terms of exclusives (:

This is BS! The preorder bonus in the UK included presale access to an upcoming UK tour. (Which I bought and have been extremely looking forward to every since as until last year, I had seen LP ever year since '07)

What upcoming UK tour!? It's almost a year since the presale went live and there is not even any suggestion that one is coming anytime soon. Complete and utter nonsense. Epic Fail.

Wow. That's ridiculous.