04.03.2013 - Perth, Australia - Soundwave

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah. the public it's boring. xD we need a longer harlem shake bridge with the whole band and crowd dancing and moving around. XD that would be the biggest flashmob ever.

chester will do the first part, and the crowd the second. that could be funny. although this dance has been become repulsive after the millionth version.

he said,I was just messing,lol & talking about tapers,everybody is taping now a days,which is not good,enjoy the show,someone else will tape it,you spent 100 $(or whatever) to watch a show,why dn you watch it from your eyes instead of watching the band performing through cell phone's screen,if you've a good place to stand up,& you're filming all band members,then it'll be a good camshot,otherwise half video shaking,half video of chester,wtf.. Maxidrom russia & poland are the best camshots so far I've watched

he said,I was just messing,lol & talking about tapers,everybody is taping now a days,which is not good,enjoy the show,someone else will tape it,you spent 100 $(or whatever) to watch a show,why dn you watch it from your eyes instead of watching the band performing through cell phone's screen,if you've a good place to stand up,& you're filming all band members,then it'll be a good camshot,otherwise half video shaking,half video of chester,wtf.. Maxidrom russia & poland are the best camshots so far I've watched

If everyone had that mentality we would never get any video/audio from concerts. Even pictures, if professional photographers didn't take them. When I go to LP shows I never film or anything. I take a few pictures early on in the show and that's all I need to be happy. I have an iPhone now and I would NEVER take that out during a LP show. Too easy to drop or have something happen to it.

I don't understand how someone taping it affects you. It's enitrely someone's choice if they want to stand and tape the entire show. It makes no difference to your enjoyment of the show AND you even get to watch it afterwards. They're doing you a favour ;)

Given that I was attending 7 shows and was taping the ones I was seated at (plus using a tripod for the majority of each recording), it was something that I was willing to do. I didn't spend the entire time looking through a camera screen and I thoroughly enjoyed myself at each show. Does that make me a fool? And as others have said, if everyone adopted that attitude, we wouldn't have any videos other than those that have been pro-shot. Plus, how frequently do the YouTubers record the entire performance? On a good camera too?

lol.

I'm a taper too and I don't wanna be put on the same step as people that do a just a couple videos with their phones.

Be grateful what tapers do and don't talk crap about it. There are not many people taping (LP) these days anymore.

Tapers are awesome. But 99% of the people filming the show with their crappy phones/digicams aren't. They only film the show so they can go to their friends and show off how cool they were and what a great time they had. They are the problem because they care more about getting a good video instead of enjoying the concert.

If everyone had that mentality we would never get any video/audio from concerts. Even pictures, if professional photographers didn't take them. When I go to LP shows I never film or anything. I take a few pictures early on in the show and that's all I need to be happy. I have an iPhone now and I would NEVER take that out during a LP show. Too easy to drop or have something happen to it.

Agree.

I also have an iPhone, and in my past Show in Argentina, just filmed 3 Songs. LGM, BID and the Ballad Medley.

But every person have his own type of way to enjoy a LP Show.

If somebody is happy filming the whole show and watch the show through an iPhone Screen, good for him, if a person is happy jumping like crazy, and just watching heads and being rounded of people smelling like deads is ok too, if a person enjoys the Show in a seat, analizing the set or something like that, is ok too.

Let the people enjoy the Shows. :P

Agree.

I also have an iPhone, and in my past Show in Argentina, just filmed 3 Songs. LGM, BID and the Ballad Medley.

But every person have his own type of way to enjoy a LP Show.

If somebody is happy filming the whole show and watch the show through an iPhone Screen, good for him, if a person is happy jumping like crazy, and just watching heads and being rounded of people smelling like deads is ok too, if a person enjoys the Show in a seat, analizing the set or something like that, is ok too.

Let the people enjoy the Shows. :P

Be a small person and go to a concert. You would never repeat that sentence again. I have no problem if I can't see anything because people are clapping or stuff like this. But it annoys me if I can't see anything because 3 people in front of me take a video with their phone all the time.

point haha,if you think,you're taping some good shots,then it's ok,msg 2008,even bercy 2010,fine camshots,a girl can film a show by sitting on her b.f's shoulder like maxidrom russian show's taper did haha,do take some pics,crowd,band members,& especially if you really wanna tape,tape "medley ",I've seen one from jo'burg,RSA,It's a good camshot of video

YOU ALL AREN'T GETTING MY POINT,Taping only "chester & mike",taping sky,then ground,then lights,then chester,then sky,then mike,then up down,I hate it,I watch camshots,I'm a camshot lover,but point is,if you aren't getting a fine shot(clear look of stage),you're just wasting your time,& you'll waste the time of that guy,who's watching it on youtube,messed up in streaming w/ low internet speed,at the end he says,wtf I was watching,what is it in camshot? I've many camshot shows in my laptop,just get the point instead of insulting me,come on,their is a polite way to let others know,what you really wanna say,instead of these kinda comments .there wasn't a big insult if I gave my "OPINION"

this is called a camshot

What is this??

so basically you're talking about people that taping video anyway, from any place, with any camera, in any quality? and not about the all tapers?

if this was your points i'm with you, but about audio tapers - it's a totally different case. (and in any video recording there is audio, so..).

----------------

another thing - some "tapers" are not really tapers, for some of them it's the first time, some of them without the right equipment, some of them just want a self-made souvenir from the show. not every recording come from tapers. for me it's not enough to have a camera to call you taper, you need to know what are you doing.

Edited by Skipees

In other news, I hope to start working on the first of those three shows this afternoon/weekend. They need to be spliced together as my new camera only allows for 30 minute videos and there was a battery change in each session as well (one that resulted in a loss of some of The Catalyst unfortunately).

In other news, I hope to start working on the first of those three shows this afternoon/weekend. They need to be spliced together as my new camera only allows for 30 minute videos and there was a battery change in each session as well (one that resulted in a loss of some of The Catalyst unfortunately).

Sounds good man, no rush at all since there is nothing going on for months haha. We will feature them as downloads here with Newswire posts if you want :) I think it'd be cool.

If you get a chance, is there any way you can supply us with info on each one? Like what shows you recorded, size, length, etc.

Sounds good man, no rush at all since there is nothing going on for months haha. We will feature them as downloads here with Newswire posts if you want :) I think it'd be cool.

If you get a chance, is there any way you can supply us with info on each one? Like what shows you recorded, size, length, etc.

Oh absolutely dude. I was going to make sure I preface each release with info. on whether any content was missed as a result of battery exchanges, etc.

I'll just get that info. early for you tonight. The 3 shows I recorded in full were:

Sydney Soundwave

Sydney Sidewave

Melbourne Sidewave

Edited by Narc85

Can't wait to see them dude!

Oh absolutely dude. I was going to make sure I preface each release with info. on whether any content was missed as a result of battery exchanges, etc.

I'll just get that info. early for you tonight. The 3 shows I recorded in full were:

Sydney Soundwave

Sydney Sidewave

Melbourne Sidewave

Thanks for the recordings, looking forward to the Melbourne show. Good times.

yeah. the public it's boring. xD we need a longer harlem shake bridge with the whole band and crowd dancing and moving around. XD that would be the biggest flashmob ever.

we need mix harlem and APFMH bridge Posted Image