04.03.2013 - Perth, Australia - Soundwave

The time has arrived for Linkin Park's final show on their New Zealand/Australia Tour for LIVING THINGS. The band will play the final Soundwave show of 2013 in Perth, Australia at Claremont Showground. LP has played in Perth twice before - the first coming in 2007 (show page here) and the second coming in 2010 (show page here), both at the same venue (Burswood Dome). The Soundwave show makes it the band's third show in Perth and their second venue in the city. This is also show number eight of the eight show tour.

This is the last announced tour date for the band until August, when they will return to Japan for Summer Sonic. The rumor going around right now is that the Asian shows will be the band's next tour and that there will not be a European Tour between now and then unfortunately. We will post more on this shortly after the tour.

At Soundwave on this tour, LP has been rotating between Festival Set A and Festival Set B, both of which you are familiar with already. Since A was played at the last show in Adelaide on the 2nd (show page here), we are expecting the explosive Festival Set B to close the tour out in Perth. With 'A Place For My Head' and 'Papercut' opening this set and 'Faint' and 'One Step Closer' closing out, this set is arguably one of the band's best setlists on the entire LIVING THINGS World Tour. 'A Place For My Head' has surprisingly gotten a lot of love from the band this tour (even appearing in the A encore in Melbourne), which of course brings a lot of smiles to hardcore fans of the band! Here is the song opening the Melbourne Soundwave show:

This will be the last show of the tour for Pez and Mikey as well, who as you know already have been traveling to every show on the tour in Australia. Nice job guys - it's not very often that fans attend seven shows on a tour!

Who will be making the trip to see the band in Perth? Linkin Park will be playing at their usual time from 6:30-7:45pm on Stage 1 B. A Perfect Circle plays before them on the same stage, Blink 182 plays next on Stage 1 A, then Linkin Park plays, followed by Metallica closing it out. What a great lineup for a show!

For the full 2013 tour schedule, including the setlists from all nine shows in 2013 so far and the dates for the two upcoming shows in Japan in August, click here.

SETLIST:

01. TINFOIL

02. Faint (Ext. Outro)

03. Papercut

04. Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)

05. With You (2012 Ext. Intro; Ext. Scratch Outro)

06. Somewhere I Belong (2012 Intro)

07. New Divide

08. VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY)

09. Points Of Authority

10. LIES GREED MISERY

11. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'UNTIL IT BREAKS' v2; Wall Of Noise Outro)

12. Breaking The Habit

13. CASTLE OF GLASS

14. LOST IN THE ECHO (2012 Intro)

15. Numb

16. What I've Done

17. BURN IT DOWN

18. In The End

19. Bleed It Out (Ext. Bridge w/ Harlem Shake)

20. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad luck,they are not calling up fans to play "faint",@pez if I was you,I'd've taken a play card written "lemme play faint" :P

Not sure how the band feels on people playing live. Like, they let everyone play in Europe and Australia in 2010 and then on the USA tour when Astat asked they said they weren't doing it anymore. Interesting. lol the one person that everyone fucking wanted to get up there and jam wasn't able to :( I really thought when he won the M&G he was going to play. Hopefully he gets a chance someday.

These shows went by quickly! I don't think there will be any shows between now and the Japan shows which is really disappointing. I've been keeping money saved in anticipation of them announcing a show here for almost a year now lol :(

Oh and just a little something I noticed...it says 7:30-7:45pm in the main post. I think they play a little longer than that these days lol

These shows went by quickly! I don't think there will be any shows between now and the Japan shows which is really disappointing. I've been keeping money saved in anticipation of them announcing a show here for almost a year now lol :(

Oh and just a little something I noticed...it says 7:30-7:45pm in the main post. I think they play a little longer than that these days lol

Exactly. Can't believe the last show for the Australian tour is tonight, it has definitely flew by so quickly. Sad to know LP are leaving the country so soon. :(

Bad luck,they are not calling up fans to play "faint",@pez if I was you,I'd've taken a play card written "lemme play faint" :P

Nah man 2 twice is enough. The way I think of it, I was lucky enough to have a once in a lifetime experience... Twice. I'm not the greedy type haha.

That APFMH video is literally the first one I've seen that shows Mike playing guitar on the intro. Finally someone got it, lol.

Not only that, see if you can find some tinfoil videos for Sydney, mike actually walks out on stage and plays that guitar part from almost the beginning of the song.

Sweet video. Joe seemed to be enjoying himself haha.

Not looking forward to a dead period in the LP community.

LP should release tons of LPTV footage from over the years, release tons of old demos to the LPU website, and also release some older shows as DSP's and then it would be active!

Nah man 2 twice is enough. The way I think of it, I was lucky enough to have a once in a lifetime experience... Twice. I'm not the greedy type haha.

Not only that, see if you can find some tinfoil videos for Sydney, mike actually walks out on stage and plays that guitar part from almost the beginning of the song.

LOL wow. I seriously thought Tinfoil just sounded different live because of the key being changed. Never crossed my mind that Mike was playing guitar from offstage on that one! Looks like he's using the Sustainer-equipped PRS for both that and the APFMH intro too, which means they're both in a different tuning than what I thought...time to correct some tabs.

Edited by Astat

LOL wow. I seriously thought Tinfoil just sounded different live because of the key being changed. Never crossed my mind that Mike was playing guitar from offstage on that one! Looks like he's using the Sustainer-equipped PRS for both that and the APFMH intro too, which means they're both in a different tuning than what I thought...time to correct some tabs.

Same was true for Adelaide (TINFOIL into Faint) - Mike and Joe were doing a slow shuffle during the start. :)

I would assume it has been mentioned that the live version of TINFOIL is different to the album version, but the variations are more so in the piano melody than the string section, so you wouldn't notice the difference simply due to Mike playing along.

Don't change it yet. Yes the guitar is live, no he isn't using the sustainer guitar. Watch the Sydney Sidewave Tinfoil/Faint opening. You see Mike walk out stage with his Blue skull painted PRS. He does the intro and then goes straight into faint, no guitar change. Both Sydney Sidewave and Melbourne Sidewave are the only times I can remember him walking out on stage playing the intro, e usually waits until everyone else comes out normally.

Don't change it yet. Yes the guitar is live, no he isn't using the sustainer guitar. Watch the Sydney Sidewave Tinfoil/Faint opening. You see Mike walk out stage with his Blue skull painted PRS. He does the intro and then goes straight into faint, no guitar change. Both Sydney Sidewave and Melbourne Sidewave are the only times I can remember him walking out on stage playing the intro, e usually waits until everyone else comes out normally.

Casey Roach got a video of APFMH from side stage in Alpharetta including great footage of Mike on guitar...I'll get him to upload it.

Not looking forward to a dead period in the LP community.

Naaaaaaaa. You know how it goes. We have stockpiled some cool shit for these months with nothing going on :) Time for more exclusives!

Mike plays guitar on VICTIMIZED , the solo on Burning in The Skies and Now APFMH ... what the fuck happened to Brad ??

...Brad plays guitar throughout the entire APFMH intro, Mike is just standing off to the side using a second guitar for the feedback in the background...and what the fuck do the other two songs have to do with anything? Brad and Mike both play guitar throughout both of those songs as well.

Your argument gets a solid rating of 0/10. Congratulations.

Yeah I realized that right after I posted it. Mike just uses the Sustainer for feedback on the WFTE outro, so he doesn't need it for the tremolo-picked stuff like you hear in the main part of that song, as well as Tinfoil. He does use the Sustainer for the APFMH intro from what I can tell in the video in the first post (Brad's red CE24 with the sustainer being basically the only red guitar Mike uses presently), so I'll have to fix that on my APFMH live tab. I actually haven't even done one for Tinfoil.

Edited by Astat

...Brad plays guitar throughout the entire APFMH intro, Mike is just standing off to the side using a second guitar for the feedback in the background...and what the fuck do the other two songs have to do with anything? Brad and Mike both play guitar throughout both of those songs as well.

I was just trying to point out how Brad is becoming less and less the "lead guitar" on that little things over the ATS and LT cycle. You can see how brad is playing more the synthesizer on some songs while Mike is the only one holding a guitar. Just a thought ...

Yeah I realized that right after I posted it. Mike just uses the Sustainer for feedback on the WFTE outro, so he doesn't need it for the tremolo-picked stuff like you hear in the main part of that song, as well as Tinfoil. He does use the Sustainer for the APFMH intro from what I can tell in the video in the first post (Brad's red CE24 with the sustainer being basically the only red guitar Mike uses presently), so I'll have to fix that on my APFMH live tab. I actually haven't even done one for Tinfoil.

Yep correct, I'm going to do a massive en of your wrap up post pointing out things that happened at each show. I'll cover some of this stuff in that post.

I'm at the festival now so ill talk to ya'll later.

what?????????????? bio/h.shake?

TINFOIL

01. Faint

02. Papercut

03. Given Up

04. With You (Scratch Intro)

05. Somewhere I Belong (Extended Intro)

06. New Divide

07. VICTIMIZED (w/ Qwerty)

08. Points of Authority

09. LIES GREED MISERY

10. Waiting for the End (UNTIL IT BREAKS Intro, Extended Outro)

11. Breaking the Habit

12. CASTLE OF GLASS ​​ (Joe's part not working)

13. LOST IN THE ECHO

14. Numb

15. What I've Done

16. BURN IT DOWN

17. In the End

18. Bleed It Out (Extended Harlem Shake Bridge)

19. One Step Closer