Soundwave Time Slots

hahninator

After playing a usual warmup show in Las Vegas on the 16th, Linkin Park heads to Australia & New Zealand for a few headlining shows and for the Soundwave Festival. Today, the Soundwave Facebook page has released the schedule for the 72 bands playing 9 stages at Soundwave for Brisbane and Sydney, the first two stops for the festival. It can probably be assumed that the schedule will be almost the exact same for the other three shows after that too.

Posted Image Posted Image

It is also important to note that there are two main stages, which means the transitions between bands will be small.

Posted Image

With Metallica "headlining" the festival (aka playing as the last band on the main stage), this puts Linkin Park on Stage 1 B, the second main stage. The time that LP gets to play is from 6:30-7:45, meaning 1 hour and 15 minutes. As headliners, Metallica gets a whopping 2 hours and 15 minutes. It is also worth mentioning the bands playing before LP. Before them on the same stage is Slayer, and the band that performs right before them on Stage 1 A is A Perfect Circle. Before A Perfect Circle, there is Stone Sour and Bullet For My Valentine.

With an hour and 15 minutes, LP can probably play between 16-19 songs depending on what they play. For an idea of what could be played, last year the band did a 15 song set for KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas in December (show page here) and a weather-shortened show at NovaRock in Austria for 16 songs (show page here). The 16 song set only clocked in at 65 minutes, so it's possible they could play more than 16 songs.

Soundwave includes the following shows for Linkin Park:

23.02.2013 Brisbane, QLD, RNA Showgrounds

24.02.2013 Sydney, NSW, Olympic Park

01.03.2013 Melbourne, VIC, Flemington Racecourse

02.03.2013 Adelaide, SA, Bonython Park

04.03.2013 Perth, WA, Claremont Showground

The headlining shows in Auckland, Darling Harbour and Melbourne will obviously get full setlists, so the band might stick with two setlists for this tour (one for Soundwave and one for the headlining shows). What would you like to see them play? Do you think they will debut any other songs off of LIVING THINGS? What do you think the 75 minute setlist will include?

To see the rest of the 2013 LP tour dates that have already been released, click here.

EDIT (FEB 11): The Melbourne and Adelaide schedules have been released. Linkin Park is playing at the same time (still for an hour and fifteen minutes, as expected), but a few of the other bands have changed time-wise.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I'd be pissed to miss so many great bands lol. 6 bands playing at the same time is terrible for someone who likes lots of different music.

Not much you can do with so many bands. Really sucks if you like both LP and Metallica because you have to pick what stage to be at. Metallica shreds the fucking place big time though.

I was convinced LP and Blink would get 85/90 minute sets, so this news was a little disappointing to hear.

I don't envy the organisers. People are losing their sh*t all over the Soundwave Facebook page as well as twitter because of the clash between Metallica and Blink/Offspring. Supposedly, at the remaining shows, there is only going to be the one (well two) main stage, rather than the current two (four) main stages. They've also said the headliners will all play one after the other on the main stage. Can't help but wonder why they didn't do that for these two shows. Random!

Edited by Narc85

in my opinion should they play a few of the ancient songs to innovate a little more. songs such as: reading my eyes, high voltage, and one. perhaps even (carousel), by myself, forgotten, do not stay, hit the floor, earsin to run, figure 0.9. it's goin down. I'm sure anyone a fan was going enjoy hearing these songs again.

Damn.Only 75 mins.Why they are discriminated between metallica and LINKIN PARK?

Because Metallica has been around almost 20 years longer than Linkin Park, because Metallica brings way more people to their shows than Linkin Park, because Metallica plays longer than Linkin Park, because Metallica is Metallica lol

All the other bands before them have even shorter set times, (even Offspring on the other big stage gets only 1 hour) the only reason metallica is playing more than 2 hours because they are metallica and can pull off a 2 hour set and probably demand that as a headliner.

Not much you can do with so many bands. Really sucks if you like both LP and Metallica because you have to pick what stage to be at. Metallica shreds the fucking place big time though.

Screw both of them! Blink-182 is where it is at!

and Stage 1b is like one of the worst overall stages IMO

I saw LP, Metallica and the Offspring last year at Rock im Park, and I was able to see all of them because each played on a different day.

I think Soundwave has too many bands on too many stages. Too many bands overlapping. All the stages even finish at the same time. I know it's not a full blown festival but it should be one. So most of the big bands are on Stage 1 and 2. And tons of other small bands on 4 other stages. Who's going to watch all those when most people come for the headliners?

This makes perfect sense. I think the only thing that really surprises and sticks out at me is the fact that LP is going to be playing when it's still light out.

As far as the clash between Metallica and Blink/Offspring, it's quite apparent that this festival is mainly comprised of metal and pop-punk bands. Not a lot of people like both. Personally, I love Metallica, Blink, and The Offspring. If I went to this, I'd go all the days and see LP every day, while sorting through which of the other bands I choose to see.

I do hope LP strategically writes an energetic set for this, something like:

LITE

Faint

ND

GU

Victimized/QWERTY

Papercut/LFY

WY

SIB

LGM

POA

WFTE (UIB intro)

BTH

The Catalyst

Numb

WID

BID

ITE

BIO

OSC

We can hope all day that APFMH, Figure 09, etc gets added, but this is what it'll most likely be. COG and the Medley should be excluded in order to keep energy up. IMR, WTCFM, Blackout, and maybe Powerless would most likely be cycled in.

LITE

Faint

ND

GU

Victimized/QWERTY

Papercut/LFY

WY

SIB

LGM

POA

WFTE (UIB intro)

BTH

The Catalyst

Numb

WID

BID

ITE

BIO

OSC

Well they aren't going to exclude COG because it's the new single. The only problem I see with your set is the lack of A Place For My Head. Drop Numb, add COG. Drop LGM, add APFMH before OSC. New Divide, In The End and Numb really need some time off like Crawling is getting.

If this was a 2010/2011 year for LP (meaning back when they weren't playing With You, Points, or Somewhere I Belong), this set would be a little boring for the hardcore fan. 14 out of the 19 there are singles. I guess 5 non singles is good but wow the run from WFTE until the bridge of BIO is pretty ehhh if you've seen all those songs a million times. I wonder if the band ever gets tired of playing the same stuff every show.

I'd love to see something like this. They'd destroy a festival with this.

01. LOST IN THE ECHO

02. From The Inside (Ext. Intro)

03. No More Sorrow (Long Intro) (give Given Up some time off)

04. VICTIMIZED/QWERTY

05. Lying From You/Papercut (these 4 songs in a row are A+ for the crowd and LP jams big)

06. Points Of Authority

07. What I've Done (AMBO Intro; Outro singalong)

08. Wretches & Kings

09. Fallout

10. The Catalyst

11. CASTLE OF GLASS (or IN MY REMAINS, which I originally had before Points)

12. Breaking The Habit

13. BURN IT DOWN (New Intro)

14. With You (Scratch Intro)

15. Somewhere I Belong (2012 Intro)

16. Enth E Nd (time to change it up, In The End has been at every show for over a decade)

17. Bleed It Out (Maybe a new bridge? Sabotage is epic, but they might want to change)

18. A Place For My Head (Extend whatever you want)

19. Faint (Ext. Outro)

20. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

Well they aren't going to exclude COG because it's the new single. The only problem I see with your set is the lack of A Place For My Head. Drop Numb, add COG. Drop LGM, add APFMH before OSC. New Divide, In The End and Numb really need some time off like Crawling is getting.

If this was a 2010/2011 year for LP (meaning back when they weren't playing With You, Points, or Somewhere I Belong), this set would be a little boring for the hardcore fan. 14 out of the 19 there are singles. I guess 5 non singles is good but wow the run from WFTE until the bridge of BIO is pretty ehhh if you've seen all those songs a million times. I wonder if the band ever gets tired of playing the same stuff every show.

I'd love to see something like this. They'd destroy a festival with this.

01. LOST IN THE ECHO

02. From The Inside (Ext. Intro)

03. No More Sorrow (Long Intro) (give Given Up some time off)

04. VICTIMIZED/QWERTY

05. Lying From You/Papercut (these 4 songs in a row are A+ for the crowd and LP jams big)

06. Points Of Authority

07. What I've Done (AMBO Intro; Outro singalong)

08. Wretches & Kings

09. Fallout

10. The Catalyst

11. CASTLE OF GLASS (or IN MY REMAINS, which I originally had before Points)

12. Breaking The Habit

13. BURN IT DOWN (New Intro)

14. With You (Scratch Intro)

15. Somewhere I Belong (2012 Intro)

16. Enth E Nd (time to change it up, In The End has been at every show for over a decade)

17. Bleed It Out (Maybe a new bridge? Sabotage is epic, but they might want to change)

18. A Place For My Head (Extend whatever you want)

19. Faint (Ext. Outro)

20. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

I miss a lot AMBO intro in WID, it would kick ass if they brought it back. =/ I hope they do something with in the end sometime soon. even adding the last verse from enth e nd, or a verse from the demo, XD or an extended outro, or whatever would be really refreshing

Well they aren't going to exclude COG because it's the new single. The only problem I see with your set is the lack of A Place For My Head. Drop Numb, add COG. Drop LGM, add APFMH before OSC. New Divide, In The End and Numb really need some time off like Crawling is getting, etc...

Oh, don't get me wrong, the hardcore fan in me would love the set you listed, I was just going off what would most likely be a safe set that the band could pull. Of course, they haven't played a single show yet this year, so anything could happen!

With the other shows apparently featuring only 1 main stage, is anyone else concerned/predicting that LP's set will be cut even shorter? Perhaps to 60 minutes rather than 75?

Also, they open these shows with either OSC or APFMH, they'll have the audience wrapped around their little fingers for the rest of the set (provided they keep the energy up of course).

Im going to both their sydney shows, and from what ive seen LP is copping alot of flak from the soundwave audiences. so i think in order to win everyone over, Hahninators set would be perfect for both LP fans and for the soundwave crowd as well, lots of energy and songs that fit the type of festival.

but who knows, the auckland show will show us a rough guide of what they are guna play ..