Soundwave Time Slots

hahninator

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's 2 big differences.

1) LP was the last band to play the main stage at Pinkpop that day so it's no big deal if they play a little longer

2) at Soundwave they have an almost seemless switch over to the next band. if the played 15 minutes longer, Metallica would start 15 minutes later. It would be a huge problem if a band doesn't keep their time slot.

if the played 15 minutes longer, Metallica would start 15 minutes later. It would be a huge problem if a band doesn't keep their time slot.

this is true, although the event people would simply pull the plug anyway.

on the other hand, I'm sure LP aren't that egotistical to want to cause a fuss. The Offspring had their power cut at Sonisphere '11 for going over their time and fucking up the rest of the Saturn Stage, for band playing in one of the mid-day yawn slots, it was kind of a dick move...

The Offspring had their power cut at Sonisphere '11 for going over their time and fucking up the rest of the Saturn Stage, for band playing in one of the mid-day yawn slots, it was kind of a dick move...

I assume you meant Sum 41? (an easy mistake to make...)

The funniest thing was the few seconds where they didn't realise they'd been cut :lol:

I assume you meant Sum 41? (an easy mistake to make...)

The funniest thing was the few seconds where they didn't realise they'd been cut :lol:

oh, yeah... yeah, i meant them. they clearly left a big impression on me...

Especially festival crews HATE any kinds of rockstar drama. They are really glad when the schedule goes through quite smoothly.

Axl Rose is probably the unbeaten king in this category. I don't know if it was a festival but it was some GNR show at the time they were supposed to hit the stage Axl was still asleep in his hotel room lol.

I hope they keep APFMH and really bring it for the festivals. Last year showed they are able to do solid festival setlists.

Aussies can be right a**holes when push comes to shove. Luckily LP are on after, so hopefully, most of the Slayer fans would have vacated that stage.

Not predicting too many surprises with the festival sets... think we're likely to see something like the following:

1. A Place For My Head

2. Given Up

3. Lying From You/Papercut

4. VICTIMIZED/QWERTY

5. New Divide

6. IN MY REMAINS

7. Points Of Authority

8. Waiting For The End

9. Numb

10. Breaking The Habit

11. The Catalyst

12. LOST IN THE ECHO

13. In The End

14. BURN IT DOWN

15. Faint

16. What I’ve Done

17. Bleed It Out

18. One Step Closer

Though I wouldn't mind IN MY REMAINS being taken out and POWERLESS added in somewhere else in the set.

At this stage, fully expecting the sideshows to be my favourite shows of the 7.

Edited by Narc85

Slayer played before LP at Download 2007 too.

Oh then that will be no problem haha. LP owned the Download 2007 show...they really rocked it and the crowd was loving it. The DVD I have of that show is one of the best ones out there that were filmed standing up at shows (not from seats, which is where most fan DVDs are from), right next to Reading 2003.

Oh then that will be no problem haha. LP owned the Download 2007 show...they really rocked it and the crowd was loving it. The DVD I have of that show is one of the best ones out there that were filmed standing up at shows (not from seats, which is where most fan DVDs are from), right next to Reading 2003.

Not to mention, LP went on right after Marilyn Manson. Hell, my band could go on right after MM and get a better reception!

Also, not directly Linked to LP or this topic, but its got to do with the airing of some of their performance and the chick drumming is hot so heres the video :P I love it.

Nice find dude. We're gonna have to find someone to record that for us - since it'll be a bit hard with us on the road :D

LP were amazing at download 2007 I was down the front LP got a good reception at download 2004 to even tho people said they were booed not true crowed loved them