If Chester leaves the band... who can replace him?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Linkin Park would be over, end of story. Chester and Mike are the two main draws for the band, and if either of them leave, the band's history. I feel like the band would dissolve if any of them left, honestly. It'd be a good excuse for Mike to move to solo work (not saying it'd be Fort Minor) or something.

I'm sure the band would continue if they could find a fitting replacement. Linkin Park has always been Mike's baby, you could probably replace 5/6ths of the band (with the possible exception of Joe) and still have an end product that sounds like Linkin Park.

With that said, I honestly can't think of anybody who could just be thrown into the role of lead singer in Linkin Park without missing a beat. There are some good singer/screamers out there, but the older material would inevitably sound different with any of them singing it.

Guest RockSylvie

I don't know why are we talking about Chester's leaving. I don't think it's true. And even if it would be, Linkin Park remains Linkin Park because of Mike and the others. Well. maybe life's full of surprises, but I hope these are just rumors.

Mark Wakefield

This, end of discussion :D Haha honestly I can't think of anyone, Chester leaving Linkin Park is like Jon Bon Jovi leaving Bon Jovi, they wouldn't have the characteristic that makes them Linkin Park. Some bands base their sound on the frontman. If it was a band like Nightwish, it could easily be done as the band is based on the sound of their keyboardist, and it has been done twice already. Escape The Fate and Killswitch Engage also pulled it off quite successfully I might add. But noone would be able to replace Chester, he is one of a kind.

Mark & Mike are friends to the present day

i think that Mark left the band, they didnt kicked his ass, or am i wrong? lol

Mark left because Xero didn't seem to be going anywhere at the time yes, him and Mike are still good friends. In fact, they put out a track under the moniker "White Pegacorn' a few years back.

I would no longer listen to anything by Linkin Park or Linkin Park related if Chester left the band. They would never do that anyways. So there is nothing to worry about. People here that think the band would get a new singer instead of Chester are very wrong. Mike, for one, would never do that. He has a great respect for Chester and the band has already recorded 5 main albums together, toured the entire world almost, and many other great accomplishments. If either Mike or Chester left, then the band would call it quits, I am 99.9% sure. That's not to say that the band members wouldn't create their own musical projects and stuff, but as far as Linkin Park music goes, it would be the end. Same as if Mike left.

Edited by Geki

I would no longer listen to anything by Linkin Park or Linkin Park related if Chester left the band. They would never do that anyways. So there is nothing to worry about. People here that think the band would get a new singer instead of Chester are very wrong. Mike, for one, would never do that. He has a great respect for Chester and the band has already recorded 5 main albums together, toured the entire world almost, and many other great accomplishments. If either Mike or Chester left, then the band would call it quits, I am 99.9% sure. That's not to say that the band members wouldn't create their own musical projects and stuff, but as far as Linkin Park music goes, it would be the end. Same as if Mike left.

Agreed, if Chester left, then Linkin Park would hire Mike Shinoda as the frontman and they would rename themselves... wait for it... Fort Minor.... YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ;)

Agreed, if Chester left, then Linkin Park would hire Mike Shinoda as the frontman and they would rename themselves... wait for it... Fort Minor.... YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ;)

They wouldn't even continue that far. The band would no longer create music together.