If Chester leaves the band... who can replace him?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would no longer listen to anything by Linkin Park or Linkin Park related if Chester left the band. They would never do that anyways. So there is nothing to worry about. People here that think the band would get a new singer instead of Chester are very wrong. Mike, for one, would never do that. He has a great respect for Chester and the band has already recorded 5 main albums together, toured the entire world almost, and many other great accomplishments. If either Mike or Chester left, then the band would call it quits, I am 99.9% sure. That's not to say that the band members wouldn't create their own musical projects and stuff, but as far as Linkin Park music goes, it would be the end. Same as if Mike left.

They've replaced their lead singer before. They'd do it again, guaranteed. You don't just give up on something that makes you several million dollars a year just because one out of six people is no longer part of it. I stand by my statement: Linkin Park could and probably would continue as long as Mike was still involved.

This thread is dumb and you should feel dumb.

This thread is speaking purely in a hypothetical sense because in all honesty Mike will probably be the one to say "fuck this" further on down the road, and you should feel like a tool for making pointless post like this one.

I'm gonna stand by my statement of "if Chester or Mike go, the band's done" simply because it's easy to replace members at the pre-success level, but there are bigger risks that come with replacing an integral member of a band after you've become nearly a household name.

They've replaced their lead singer before. They'd do it again, guaranteed. You don't just give up on something that makes you several million dollars a year just because one out of six people is no longer part of it. I stand by my statement: Linkin Park could and probably would continue as long as Mike was still involved.

Sorry but I totally disagree with you. They replaced the lead singer when they were called Xero and didn't even have a record contract and were NO WHERE near as popular as they are now. Chester has been a part of LINKIN PARK the entire time, every album, and he has become one of the most popular singers in modern music history, and Linkin Park has become just about the biggest band in the world in this day and age. If any of the band members were to leave the band, it would have been in 2005/2006 during their whole hiatus stage. Mike wouldn't even want to continue without him, let alone anyone. Same goes as for if Mike left.

I don't think the band will split up in the near future. They seem have a good relationship. Chester was the one with the most personal and health issues over the years. His solo path with Dead By Sunrise pretty much proved that he's only really successful with LP, despite being a great singer or not. Mike's path was far more successful in these terms.

I don't think the band will split up in the near future. They seem have a good relationship. Chester was the one with the most personal and health issues over the years. His solo path with Dead By Sunrise pretty much proved that he's only really successful with LP, despite being a great singer or not. Mike's path was far more successful in these terms.

that's true

Chester can't do it alone, he would be succesful if he joins some all star rock&roll band

like when he got the invitation from Slash to be the vocalist of VELVET REVOLVER, but he kept loyal to LP

FM was kind of a one hit wonder with WYG, he got a vma if i remember correctly, ring tone of the year lol

Was DBS less successful because the music wasn't as good, or because Warner Bros. essentially refused to promote it?

They didn't even tour in the U.S., I don't think an American band should expect any sort of success if they're not even fucking touring their home country on their first go-around as a band.

Sorry, that just irked me a bit.

Was DBS less successful because the music wasn't as good, or because Warner Bros. essentially refused to promote it?

They didn't even tour in the U.S., I don't think an American band should expect any sort of success if they're not even fucking touring their home country on their first go-around as a band.

That too. I think I've heard somewhere that Mike basically did the FM tour on his own costs.

Sorry, that just irked me a bit.

I agree with that. I fortunately got to see DBS in 2009 at the NYC show and the Ulalume show, but they really should have done a proper US tour. Not to mention the album was promoted like absolute shit. They didn't even have their own website. I don't think Chester wanted DBS to be this huge band though. He said from day 1 that LP always would come first. I love DBS and OOA, but it wasn't Chester's absolute best which it should have been since it was his solo record and he went through some pretty dark times in 2005/2006. I would have loved for it to be the way it was originally intended, not the over produced Howard Benson version of the album....

I think we'll see a better DBS next time, if the new album rumors come true anytime soon.

Perhaps the promotional issues were because DBS released an album during mere downtime for LP, as opposed to essentially a full-blown hiatus back in '05. That was also during the disputes with Warner, wasn't it? Makes sense that Warner would allow more visibility for Fort Minor, while suffocating DBS by not promoting them at all.

I think we'll see a better DBS next time, if the new album rumors come true anytime soon.

Perhaps the promotional issues were because DBS released an album during mere downtime for LP, as opposed to essentially a full-blown hiatus back in '05. That was also during the disputes with Warner, wasn't it? Makes sense that Warner would allow more visibility for Fort Minor, while suffocating DBS by not promoting them at all.

From a recent interview with Ryan, he said that the next DBS record will be more raw and organic like they intended to do with the original DBS album, and he also said that fans can expect to see a different side of Chester than what we know. Sounds promising. It also confirms that the band knows that the Howard Benson produced Out Of Ashes wasn't what the band or fans wanted. That's a good thing. Raw and organic is always good. LP said MTM was raw and organic during the making of it, and that's my favorite LP album by far. I can't wait.

From a recent interview with Ryan, he said that the next DBS record will be more raw and organic like they intended to do with the original DBS album, and he also said that fans can expect to see a different side of Chester than what we know. Sounds promising. It also confirms that the band knows that the Howard Benson produced Out Of Ashes wasn't what the band or fans wanted. That's a good thing. Raw and organic is always good. LP said MTM was raw and organic during the making of it, and that's my favorite LP album by far. I can't wait.

That's really awesome to hear. M2M was definitely one of their most natural albums it seems to me. If DBS has a similar vibe won't mind at all :D

Re-record OOA, release with new record as double album = pure win.

Re-record OOA, release with new record as double album = pure win.

That'd be epic. They could also include the original My Suffering demo as well as the studio version of 20 Eyes we were promised but never got. Maybe include some of the acoustic DBS performances we never got but were promised as well. All that for the double disc, and then re-record the album without all the over produced shit. Also chuck in a making of DVD. I would totally pay for that. The making of would probably be Chester and the guys drunk off their ass, though, seeing as how that is what they did during the early stages of making the album.

That'd be epic. They could also include the original My Suffering demo as well as the studio version of 20 Eyes we were promised but never got. Maybe include some of the acoustic DBS performances we never got but were promised as well. All that for the double disc, and then re-record the album without all the over produced shit. Also chuck in a making of DVD. I would totally pay for that. The making of would probably be Chester and the guys drunk off their ass, though, seeing as how that is what they did during the early stages of making the album.

I would love to get all the acoustic tracks they sound way better than the original, well at least LET DOWN does, since these tracks were created as acoustic tracks

I would love to get all the acoustic tracks they sound way better than the original, well at least LET DOWN does, since these tracks were created as acoustic tracks

I agree. Let Down acoustic is amazing. I'm glad we at least got that in HQ. Morning After was kind of awesome acoustic as well. I always wanted to hear Walking In Circles in full acoustic, though, that'd be so epic... Same goes for Too Late, In The Darkness, Fire, Crawl Back In.... We had early acoustic versions of Let Down and Morning After for many years so I wish they released other tracks from the Vegas show instead.

I totally agree with the last 5 posts above. I doubt it'll happen though, but i'm still holding on to the hope they'll AT LEAST release the full acoustic set in HQ one day. Plus 20 eyes as well. What makes it worse is that we know these recordings exist, ad that Chester HAD expressed interest in releasing them. so whats holding them back? copyright? surely not with the acoustic stuff :/

I totally agree with the last 5 posts above. I doubt it'll happen though, but i'm still holding on to the hope they'll AT LEAST release the full acoustic set in HQ one day. Plus 20 eyes as well. What makes it worse is that we know these recordings exist, ad that Chester HAD expressed interest in releasing them. so whats holding them back? copyright? surely not with the acoustic stuff :/

I know. It pisses me off. I wish they would just release an acoustic EP on iTunes... Chuck on a studio version of 20 Eyes too.

To get back on topic, I don't think anyone can replace Chester, and I mean that seriously, not just because this is my favorite band or anything. I don't feel like anyone in the band would feel like continuing on as Linkin Park, they'd most likely go do their own thing, or just stay together but become something new, but not LP.

To get back on topic, I don't think anyone can replace Chester, and I mean that seriously, not just because this is my favorite band or anything. I don't feel like anyone in the band would feel like continuing on as Linkin Park, they'd most likely go do their own thing, or just stay together but become something new, but not LP.

Apparently people seem to think that LP would continue on without the entire reason the band ever made it in the first place. LP fans are so dumb sometimes. I don't know why there are even topics like this. Obviously no one is leaving the band and obviously it won't happen in the future. When the bands decides to stop making Linkin Park music they will stop.