If Chester leaves the band... who can replace him?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are getting a bit emotional of what is a pure "What If" question, and doesn't look to be happening anytime soon.

I think it's an interesting one. Linkin Park is Mike's baby, so IMO it would be easier to replace Chester then Mike. I mean I'm more of a Chester girl, so I don't know if I'd listen to it.

The real question would be if the band could find another person who could work in the studio with the others. Playing live is easier to replace then the chemistry it takes to make an album.

Also I think you guys are dismissing Brad, Rob, and Phoenix a bit too hastily. Yeah they could have another person play their stuff live, but as for the studio they contribute a lot. Brad especially.

As for someone who could replace Chester... I'm at a loss. It would be very hard for them to do.

And then to the OOA/DBS discussion, I would KILL for an acoustic version of OOA. I remember the video of My Suffering and Walking in Circles before JK and HB got involved and it was fantastic. And we've all heard Let Down and Morning After pre DBS. I feel like OOA isn't a fair way to measure Chester's success outside of LP because A) no promotion B ) Howard Benson C) Julian K. I have a feeling that Snow White Tan would have been epic. He should have had Mike produce and just got a generic band behind him.