17.08.12 - Camden, NJ - LPU Summit #6

lgr

Wantagh - ‘twas a dark and stormy night, and Linkin Park were onstage... and reportedly on top form – well worth standing in the rain!

The band is currently heading For Camden, NJ - their 15th visit to the Garden State, and their 6th in Camden, having stopped here on two Ozzfest dates in ‘01, and on incarnations of their Projekt Revolution Tour in ’04, ’07 and ’08. It would have been the 7th time in Camden, if a US attempt of the UK’s Reading and Leeds Festival – which boasted a line-up including Eminem and Xzibit playing alongside LP – hadn’t been cancelled in 2001.

The Susquehanna Bank Centre is a familiar venue for LP – it was renamed from its former mouthful "Blockbuster-Sony Music Entertainment Centre at the Waterfront" (E-Centre for short) to the "Tweeter Centre at the Waterfront" just months before the band first played the venue. When the Tweeter retail company got into financial difficulties in 2008 (have you noticed how many venues have been renamed from having “Tweeter” in the title?) Susquehanna Bank bought the naming rights. In the summer, the venue is a 25,000 capacity outdoor amphitheatre, but converts in winter to an enclosed 7000 seat, climate controlled theatre – let’s hope the rain holds off NJ tonight!

Last night in Wantagh, the band played Set A again, but with a few minor tweaks – as with Mansfield the Victimized/QWERTY mash-up was played without the Papercut and Lying From You parts, but while Mansfield’s set included a full Papercut, minus Lying From You, Wantagh’s version of Set A included both songs in full; Papercut stayed in its spot behind show opener Faint, and the full version of Lying From You (even if Mike forgot a few of the words to the 2nd verse!) was put in between the V/Q Mash-up and Living Things track, Lies Greed Misery. Wantagh also saw Numb moved up the set – shortening the Encore to only 3 songs - and slotted in behind Lost In The Echo. Once again Mike sang Numb/Encore lyrics over the outro, but most noticeably, for those who’ve been keeping up with this first run of shows, Joe messed up on the intro again – the third show in a row!

On these pre-show posts, we're getting used to hearing the fact that Chris Cornell joined the band on Crawling in PR08 and Jonathan Davies sang One Step Closer with the band on PR04, but Camden’s Projekt Revolution ’04 also featured a fan guest - Billy, who was brought up onstage to play guitar on Faint with the band! The only known fan guest of the tour, a show which has a great Pro-shot DVD released by LPL in 2011.

So far on the Honda Civic Tour, we’ve not seen any collaborations between Incubus and Linkin Park, and it’s starting to look doubtful, but it’s still early days, and with the setlists starting to form a pattern – C (Bristow), C (Uncasville), A (Mansfield), and A (Wantagh) thus far, Set B is pretty much guaranteed for this show. In this venue on PR07, the band made quite a few changes to the set (see the show notes for more details) and this time around, the band could still surprise us! So, who’s excited to hear set B!?

Camden ’12 however, isn’t just going to be another show, but will also play host to the 6th LPU Summit, the 2nd Summit to be held in the US. Previous summits have included meet & greets with the band, backstage tours, a jam band using LP's gear, Q&A’s, getting to watch sound-checks and acoustic sets by Linkin Park and much more. In a recent LPU chat, LPUHQ’s Adam asked those attending to bring along a cotton t-shirt of any colour, with only the hint that they’ll be “doing something with them” – sounds interesting... Those with both Summit passes and tickets to the show are in for an awesome day!

However, the day-long Summit is not the only activity running in and around Camden, as Music For Relief is also running extra activities today (the 16th). From 9-12pm, 25 LPUers who volunteered and RSVP’d to the MFR email invite will be helping to clean up part of the Camden Greenway, in New Camden Park - a planned 12-mile linear park along the Delaware and Cooper Rivers. It's great to see LP fans giving back to theirs, and indeed other’s communities. For more information on this project, check out the Music For Relief Blog

To get you all in the mood for today's summit , check out this LPTV Episode on the London Summit

Camden will be crawling with LPL staff in the next few days, as Mark (Hahninnator), Jonas (AndOne), Nick (-Nick-), Dmitry (Dmitry), Richard (LPxDC) and Raquel (Numbrocker) will all be turning up to the Summit and the show - nearly a full house! Mark (Hahninator) and Jonas (AndOne) will be hanging at the Music For Relief booth, so go donate and say hi to them!

Mark will be continuing his live setlist updates throughout the show at twitter.com/hahninator up until Alpharetta on the 19th (only 2 more shows left...) so go follow him to stay right up to date! no doubt he’ll be tweeting some cool stuff throughout the summit and his MFR duties too.

For the info on the Honda Civic Tour, and all of LP’s other upcoming and previous tour dates this year. Go check out the 2012 year page.

ACOUSTIC LPU SUMMIT SETLIST:

01. The Messenger

02. In My Remains

preliminary SHOW SETLIST leaked via LPU Summit:

01. A Place For My Head (ext intro)

02. Given Up

03. New Divide

04. Victimized/QWERTY Mash-up

05. With You (2012 Intro)

06. Somewhere I Belong (2012 Intro)

07. Lies Greed Misery

08. Points Of Authority

09. Waiting For The End (ext Intro w/Until It Breaks v2)

10. Breaking The Habit

11. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent

12. The Catalyst

13. Lost In The Echo

14. Crawling

15. In The End

16. Burn It Down

17. What I've Done

18. Bleed It Out

---------------------------

19. Tinfoil

20. Faint

21. Lying From You/Papercut (mash-up)

22. One Step Closer

SHOW SET: (updating live)

01. A Place For My Head

02. Given Up

03. New Divide

04. Victimized/QWERTY Mash-up

05. With You

06. Somewhere I Belong

07. Empty Spaces

08. When They Come For Me

09. Lies Greed Misery

10. Points Of Authority

11. Waiting For The End

12. Breaking The Habit

13. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent Ballad Medley

14. The Catalyst

15. Lost In The Echo (New Intro)

16. Numb (NO Numb/Encore outro lyrics)

17. Burn It Down

18. What I've Done (long keyboard outro)

19. In The End (NO PMA guitar parts in v2), (Mike in the pit)

20. Bleed It Out (ext. intro; ext bridge w/Sabotage cover segment and Sing-a-long chorus part)

------------------------------

21. Tinfoil

22. Faint

23. Lying From You/Papercut

24. One Step Closer

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leaving tonight at 10:40 PM and traveling all throughout the morning to Philly/Camden. Literally won't be sleeping for the next two nights. If only I had my license everything would be so much fucking easier lol All this for Linkin Park <3

Reading all the different travel plans here makes mine look like a quick dash to the grocery store.

Essentially what mine is. I'll have to drag the two exhausted hobos out of my house by about 8AM to get us all there by 9AM. :lol:

In a recent LPU chat, LPUHQ’s Adam asked those attending to bring along a cotton t-shirt of any colour, with only the hint that they’ll be “doing something with them” – sounds interesting... Those with both Summit passes and tickets to the show are in for an awesome day!

Yo guys, I think I remember Adam saying that there will be the original LPU and LPUnderground prints, so you can get some kind of print on the shirt. And he also said it would be free for Summit attendees. Have a great summit, too bad I can't be there :)

damn, LPU summits sound fun. should have joined up in '10, skipped some lectures and gone down to London - would have been ace

Reading all the different travel plans here makes mine look like a quick dash to the grocery store.

just imagine the plans it would take to get me there :lol:

damn I wish I lived in the US...

EDIT:

woah, I've been following Mark's twitter too long - dropping the D-Bomb!

I know exactly how you feel haha I thought along the same lines back in 2008 for MSG and the best buy theater in 2010. I still haven't decided if I'm going, I really don't want to go to Camden alone, I mean I'll have plenty of people to chill with once I get there but I don't feel too comfortable about making the drive by myself. It wouldn't be so much of a loss since I've seen them twice but I'm interested in seeing Set B and I'd be missing out on my ONE chance to see With You!!

I don't feel too comfortable about making the drive by myself.

GO

Gonna be awesome, took this whole week off for these 2 Events, Im probably gonna end up leaving @ about 6am, Pulic Transportation -_-'. Cant wait for this, end off this week with a blast :3

haha, 1st show only yesterday, already going to your 2nd - beating me in the show count now bud :D

2012 - my post count has reached the current year. from here on in, I'll be posting from the future. laters!