The LIVING THINGS Leak

lakersfan13

Full review time. Weakest LP album I've heard in my opinion. Spun 3-5 times and just not a fan - how the band could release such garbage as this is astonishing to me.

A Thousand Suns destroys this album up and down 5000x over. ATS makes this look like a pathetic excuse for an album, and I'm not even a big ATS fan.

That has to be one of the most harsh review I've read about LT through all the web. Even the haters didn't hated it that much I guess. :lol:

It's kind of weird coming from LPL fondator, but well, sure you have to like electro stuff to appreciate this record.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm still struggling to like UIB as one complete piece.

Agreed. I have problem with Brad's part.. Not the fact that he sings, but I don't think it fits at that point. I don't have any problem with Chester's part. After the first times I listened to the song I think it fits well. But I don't seem to like a lot the end..

Maybe it just needs time..

Agreed. I have problem with Brad's part.. Not the fact that he sings, but I don't think it fits at that point. I don't have any problem with Chester's part. After the first times I listened to the song I think it fits well. But I don't seem to like a lot the end..

Maybe it just needs time..

for me it's that each piece is cool on its own, but I dn't see how they fit together, even the two rap parts don't fit in the same song in my opinion (stress the last three words). Id love to see what they'd have done with all three (*ahem* four) parts if they'd been doing that ATS-style following ideas down the rabbit hole and into the electro-trippy wonderland mind-f___...

following ideas down the rabbit hole and into the electro-trippy wonderland mind-fuck...

Loved that one..

Everything with the song is fine until Chester's part. It goes into weird medieval shit.. I think that fits well (you will get used to it). And everything goes great with the 2nd verse after that. We have some more melodies to make it more interesting.. Why do you think that part does not fit?

What I don't like is how Brad's part comes in.. Or maybe I just don't like Brad's part, haven't decided yet..

I think they just put those 3 songs together and they thought it fit well from their point of view.. Everything else is just a matter of opinion..

I believe I mentioned this idea before, so excuse me for being a lazy fuck and not looking back at my previous posts haha. but I think LP's just at the point in their career that they have this kind of "Don't give a fuck what it sounds like, as long as we like it, we'll produce it and it'll be a LP song" type of attitude, not an exact quote lol. Anyway, the song just screams out that it is a bastard child of different demos, and clearly comes off as a tempo/vibe shifting experiment. I can't compare it to Skin To Bone(the only skip-worthy song on LL) cause it actually goes somewhere with its music, I just think none of us quite grasp where it really goes with 3 different vocalists, 2 different rap styles, and 2 different singing sections. Could just be another Victimized, meaning it is a "Hybrid" cluster of everything those guys have ever done, and deliver it in a matter that takes time to digest. Hell, if we can slowly digest the game changer of ATS, one song shouldn't be too much trouble haha

https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file=cat...=HD093624950431

What do you guys think? I got the album on iTunes but am considering the "HD Tracks" version if it's any better than a FLAC I could rip for myself off a CD...

you won't hear the difference if its 16bit or 24bit. the 24bit version is just for studiowork so you won't lose any informations while adding in some filters or effects.

Wow, Mark's review is one the most negative one's i've ssen. Even a lot of "old school fans" and reviews on itunes rated the album more highly.

Anyways, I hope it grows on you at least some because You are missing out on a masterpiece.

I love all the songs to death, but I have to say, In My Remains, Castle Of Glass and Powerless are all really sticking out to me as my favorite songs, when originally those were Lost In The Echo, Victimized and Skin To Bone. I still LOVE Until It Breaks, I don't understand why no one likes it, it's one of the best tracks on the album IMO.

I love all the songs to death, but I have to say, In My Remains, Castle Of Glass and Powerless are all really sticking out to me as my favorite songs, when originally those were Lost In The Echo, Victimized and Skin To Bone. I still LOVE Until It Breaks, I don't understand why no one likes it, it's one of the best tracks on the album IMO.

I guess it's because UIB it's hard song to diggest, I mean, it has so so much different things blended together, probably it'll grow on some people.

I guess it's because UIB it's hard song to diggest, I mean, it has so so much different things blended together, probably it'll grow on some people.

Yeah, there are a lot of abrupt style changes, it makes sense that a lot of people wouldn't really feel it. Oh well.

Wow, Mark's review is one the most negative one's i've ssen. Even a lot of "old school fans" and reviews on itunes rated the album more highly.

Anyways, I hope it grows on you at least some because You are missing out on a masterpiece.

The first 4 songs are pure shit, I'll Be Gone is ok, Castle Of Glass is the best song, next 4 SUCK, Tinfoil/Powerless are good. Easily some of the worst crap I have heard LP make.

/end of opinion

Loved that one..

you added my swearz damn you :P

[...] I think LP's just at the point in their career that they have this kind of "Don't give a fuck what it sounds like, as long as we like it, we'll produce it and it'll be a LP song" type of attitude [...]

and of course no-one's questioning that, it's a great mentality, I just ain't a fan of UIB, and in places, I can't help feeling like the album is a little rough around the edges, particularly since it's followed something like ATS which seemed so damned thought out.

I really need to post a review of dis album...

I'm still up and down about the album. Don't get me wrong I love it! The cd is getting played on repeat for 9 hours straight at work 5 days a week. But it didn't really hit me like all other LP albums did. Maybe because I wasn't too excited for it like I normally am (like by that I mean counting down days and shit). But like I still don't know how I exactly feel about the album and if it has topped ATS off the top of the LP favorite albums lists.