LP "Greatest Hits"? Or LIVING THINGS Hype?

hahninator

In an interview in Romania, Mike mentioned something interesting. I saw this on LPTimes - so thanks Jas!

"On a last note, Mike said, "Soon we will prepare a surprise and we will release an album with the best songs of Linkin Park in the last decade.""

Greatest hits? Or something else? Thoughts? What would you like to see on an LP "Greatest Hits"?

Or do you think this simply means he thinks LIVING THINGS contains the best LP songs on it? Regardless, it's worth a discussion!

EDIT: Mike confirms there is no Greatest Hits. "@lplive-maybe a bad translation or something; there is no greatest hits album in the works, only LIVING THINGS" Thanks Mike!

I always thought this might have been a "lost in translation" moment.

Like, maybe Mike said something about how Living Things "use all the tools" or "everything they've learned along the way" or something along those lines and it got misconstrued into a "greatest hits album."

I just find it weird that Mike would randomly say this in some Romanian interview, but nowhere else.

Or hell maybe he said it in a different way and this means just that he thinks LIVING THINGS has the best LP songs on it from the past decade, as in it's his favorite album.

You never know. Things in foreign interviews are translated from English (what the band says) to the local language and then translated back to English in an online translation so it's possible that is what he is referring to.

Or there will be a greatest hits. But I think releasing that the same year as a new CD is pretty stupid and will take away from LIVING THINGS sales. So that's why I think it's translated slightly wrong.

Very end.

I'm 99% sure he means Living Things.

This is also not the "surprise" because you don't say surprise and what it is in the same sentence.

He said "soon we will prepare a surprise" meaning:

1. They haven't started making it yet

2. Its a SURPRISE, meaning they haven't officially announced it yet.

Edited by azAZ

He said "soon we will prepare a surprise" meaning:

1. They haven't started making it yet

2. Its a SURPRISE, meaning they haven't officially announced it yet.

Except then Mike spoils it and says exactly what it is. Does that seem like something Mike would do?

No, it doesn't seem like something Mike would do, so that probably means the "surprise" and the "greatest album" statements are separate.

If there actually is a surprise, I'm curious as to what it'll be.

As for the "greatest hits" statement, I think it's just Mike doing his usual new-album hype, referring to LIVING THINGS.

They do have enough singles to put out a greatest hits album, though, even without Reanimation and the radio singles. Just pointing that out.

Edited by SomedudeRemix

Not sure if this really will be a ''Greatest Hits'' album for LP. Time will tell, I guess. They're bound to make one sometime, just didn't think it would be so soon. Hopefully we get some cool b-sides or live track if this is true.

Greatest Hits albums are pointless these days. It wouldn't even sell because most people already have all of their hit songs on their computers or iPods.

If you wanted a compilation of their biggest hits, you could just make the damn playlist yourself in less than a minute.

Back in the day, all people had were CDs, so having a greatest hits album was a convenience for the casual fans.