A Thousand Suns: One Year Later

hahninator

burning in the skies num 1

I love each & every song by linkin park form this album,the radiance suits with breaking the habit which is mine most fav song,also on num 1.

well talking about most fav songs from ATS,it's hard to arrange'em by 1,2,3 & so on.

burning in the skies is extra epic,every song is awesome,the moment when I 1st heard "the catalyst",when they came to instrumental break by brad,I cried,I couldn't stop listening to song for two weeks,

then I got full album, "IRIDESCENT",yeah the best one,I'm not lying that I cried & all that shit,I cried in this song,also in "burning in the skies",lyrics are awesome

comparing with previous albums,well with the passage of time,the requirement of music also changes,it's a good turn by lp,the album was very great hit all over world

hybrid theory & meteora are like same albums,they sound great,like roooooooooooockkkk,& "minutes to midnight" & ''A THOUSAND SUNS" are lil bit same,so it's useless to think that lp messed with their music by making such a bad ass album

the next record,hopefully which will be released in 2012,is going to be another super hit,my request to "BRAD DELSON" is,please play more guitar in up coming album,I've read somewhere that he said,I'm going to play lil bit of guitar thing in next album

"ROBOT BOY" will be part of next setlist,hope in singapoure or in october's last show,they will hopefully add this song to their set list,mike also said this,it's very very difficult song to sing live,I think that's why they're having problems

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked the progressive art of the thousand suns. I attended five shows of this touring cycle, never felt better.

To understand and like A Thousand Suns, you really have to understand the concept of it.

I started to like it when I realized the artwork of it and what it was about. This album were a big thing for the band, changing to proggressive stuff were great, which other bands deal with. Such as Tool band.

After one year A Thousand Suns take on the second place on my album ranking, it's a solid not more but that impressed with new ideas and different sounds. That thing it make it better as Hybrid Theory and Meteora. For the rock side it insn't very well, that because it take place as the second best Album. The Best Album is Minutes to Midnight, on that album they prove what they can with instruments, that is still my numberone album.

If you've joined just to bitch and moan about the album, which some people like myself consider it the best then you should just leave before you get started.

Because someone has a different opinion than you, you immediately reject it and indirectly call them a troll?

Anyways, I try to forget ATS even happened. I was really let down by it. The catalyst might be the worst song I've ever heard . The band sold out big time with this one.

Edited by spraypaintninkpens

My least favorite album by them by far. I liked how they were trying to be more electronic than the last album, but I honestly just don't like many of the songs on this album. Iridescent, When They Come for Me, Burning In the Skies, The Catalyst, and The Messenger all really just don't do it for me. Iridescent, and When They Come For Me IMO are the worst Linkin Park songs ever. When the band described the album before it came out as being more electronic and having more rap in it, I thought it would be something like Reanimation where they had powerful overly distorted guitars, and really awesome synths and sound effects. Obviously I didn't think every song would be like that, but I was disappointed when there were no songs like that. Robot Boy, Waiting For the End and Blackout are the best songs on the album and really stand out over everything else, but the supporting cast of other songs really brings this album down.

Jornada Del Muerto, The Requiem, and The Radiance are all pretty cool. Empty Spaces is not even worth the 18 seconds that it is. Wisdom, Justice, and Love is only cool at the end when MLK's voice gets all robotic, otherwise it's just boring.

I still hope for the next album to be something like Reanimation, but A Thousand Suns is my least favorite LP album and unless the next album is them trying to rehash this (which I don't think they'll do) it will probably stay my least favorite album.

A Thousand Suns has been my favorite LP album since I first heard the leak on September 7th of last year. It has only grown on me since and is my second favorite album of all time behind Nine Inch Nails' The Fragile.

My favorite tracks from ATS are:

1. Waiting for the End

2. Jornada del Muerto

3. Blackout

4. Burning in the Skies

5. The Requiem

Gotta be the dumbest thing I have ever heard by anyone. ATS is the OPPOSITE of selling out. Just had this conversation with 10 Years on Sunday.

Wait, you talked to the band 10 Years about A Thousand Suns? How did that go?

As for the album, I've honestly written so much about how it is objectively Linkin Park's most creative and experimental work, that I feel like repeating myself here is a waste of time, so I'll keep it simple. It's their most artistic music to-date for many reasons. Music is an art form, not just an excuse to jump around in your room with headphones on. Therefore, I'd say A Thousand Suns is, without much doubt, Linkin Park's best album thus far.

STILL FULL DISAPOINTED FROM THE BAND

JIM

Wow, you made a account for this pointless post and your weird sign?

At first, you need to work on your enligsh if you want to be more specific about what you're typing.

Yeah By the way, do you have any idea of what site this is? It's LP Live, the most hardcore Linkin Park fansite on the interwebs.

So if you want to discuss with us, you have to act more serious with things. Be more specific about things, evolve yourself. Because we're not going to care much of posts like yours, why?

Because you have to be more specific about your posts as I said earlier, your post made no point, we like to discuss stuff around here which makes stuff more interesting.

Edited by DogFan_LP

Gotta be the dumbest thing I have ever heard by anyone. ATS is the OPPOSITE of selling out. Just had this conversation with 10 Years on Sunday.

Whatever man, be a blind fanboy. ATS was selling out in my opinion. They created music that is currently popular to sell. Rock/Hip hop doesn't sell as much so they moved on. Prove me wrong.

Whatever man, be a blind fanboy. ATS was selling out in my opinion. They created music that is currently popular to sell. Rock/Hip hop doesn't sell as much so they moved on. Prove me wrong.

LOL! That's not why they moved on. LP doesn't give a flying fuck about sales. Do you not pay attention to any interviews?

LOL! That's not why they moved on. LP doesn't give a flying fuck about sales. Do you not pay attention to any interviews?

Right, they're going to be brutally honest about sales. Of course they're not going to say they accommodated to the general masses to sell more records. I understand your passion for the band-I once had that passion too. I'm just being honest here, lots of old LP fans believe they sold out with ATS. I too, hold that belief.

I agree with you man, this album is just for pure marketing, more obvious can't be, the band has sellout.

but the fanboys always refuse that, they don't have the slightest idea that marketing is the worst thing you can do to your music.

they're going to understand until you listen to more underground music like Stratovarius, Cannibal Corpse, Angra, Iron Maiden, Haggard, Slayer, Kraner, Judas Priest, Deep Purple and more.

maybe they realize that commercial music is the worst, you have to make music for music, not for corporate who are just looking to be famous and to do something that does not fit.

Edited by JIM_ATSHATER

I'm just being honest here, lots of old LP fans believe they sold out with ATS. I too, hold that belief.

That doesn't make it true. Pay attention to Mike Shinoda's personal blog, the guy is all about experimenting with music, and he just DOES NOT LIKE nu-metal anymore. Period. If he doesn't want to listen to it, why the hell do you think he would want to create it? It's not a money thing, it's their taste in music. It changed, deal with it.

The music isn't what you like, the band has sold out. The band says something in an interview, you assume they're lying. Are you psychic or something? Because you seem to be able to know the band's thoughts better than the band members do.

Cannibal Corpse, Iron Maiden, Slayer, Judas Priest

Right...Cannibal Corpse, Iron Maiden, Slayer, and Judas Priest are all "underground" and have never done anything to market their music. Wow. :huh:

maybe they realize that commercial music is the worst, you have to make music for music, not for corporate who are just looking to be famous and to do something that does not fit.

YES. Yes you do! An artist has to make music for himself, so that it can be artistic.

So, for instance, when you have a bunch of fans crying and whining about how your band doesn't make nu-metal anymore, but you do not feel inspired as an artist to make nu-metal music, you should NOT LISTEN TO THE FANS and just make the music that you want to make, instead of pandering to your audience just so that they will like you. I agree with you!

Edited by Xero21

Haha have you even listened to ATS?

So you're saying they were trying to appeal to what's popular at the moment? That's why they put in The Radiance, Wisdom, Justice and Love, and Fallout right? Even songs like When They Come For Me, Blackout...they're the most radio friendly song in the world right? But Numb was hardcore right and not appealing to radio just because it had heavier guitars in?

Hell, how hasn't Empty Spaces gone platinum yet?

Haha have you even listened to ATS?

So you're saying they were trying to appeal to what's popular at the moment? That's why they put in The Radiance, Wisdom, Justice and Love, and Fallout right? Even songs like When They Come For Me, Blackout...they're the most radio friendly song in the world right? But Numb was hardcore right and not appealing to radio just because it had heavier guitars in?

Hell, how hasn't Empty Spaces gone platinum yet?

Empty spaces is the equivalent to Foreword, it's not really a song.

I agree with you man, this album is just for pure marketing, more obvious can't be, the band has sellout.

but the fanboys always refuse that, they don't have the slightest idea that marketing is the worst thing you can do to your music.

they're going to understand until you listen to more underground music like Stratovarius, Cannibal Corpse, Angra, Iron Maiden, Haggard, Slayer, Kraner, Judas Priest, Deep Purple and more.

I want every admin & founder & every LPL member back from when New Divide was 1st annouced to just blast all the new members on hear, i mean WTF Slayer, Deep Purple?!? All the bands people are saying in this post are not even close to LP in anyway. Plus if ATS sold out, what you call the other 4 albums?!? WE SHOULD HAVE A DEBATE (even though were having one right now)

I'm just being honest here, lots of old LP fans believe they sold out with ATS. I too, hold that belief.

I'm just being honest here, you are the biggest f*cking synical asshole on this whole forum. You need to learn how to accept reality and stop living in your own little fantasy world. There's a difference between having an opinion and being a total c*ntface. I too, hold that belief.

All of those bands are not underground :3

Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, and Slayer were some of the forerunners of Metal....they have a bigger fanbase in one instrument than LP has.....that is not underground.

Deep Purple was also incredibly influential to Rock music.....they aren't underground

didn't I say this a while ago saying that the album wasn't commercial.....they have a song basically saying Fuck you we are making what we want....how in the hell is that selling out?!? IF they wanted to make music that would commercially sell they would make music like what you hear on top 40.....and they would BE on the top 40. But they ARE NOT.....meaning that their music ISN'T popular.....do some research.

they dont need to try to be famous....they ALREADY ARE! thats what their first two albums did really. It put them in the position where they could reach even higher....but they choose the honorable way and made the music that they wanted to make......

honestly LP fans are some of the bitchiest people in the world.....