Older DSP's?

hahninator

We are all familiar with LP's DSP's (Digital Souvenir Packages). For those of you who need a little history lesson....Starting in July of 2007 at the first Projekt Revolution show that year, the band starting selling live CD's of their shows at the merch booths on tour. Fans could buy a blank CD and an insert with a code to download the show 5 or so days after the concert. In January of 2008 in the UK, the band expanded their live CD idea to transform it into something better - Digital Souvenir Packages. These included the audio of the show as well as pictures of the performance and a digital tour program. This continued for a few tours in 2008, a few shows in 2009 and most shows from 2010 to present day. For only $9.99, this is a pretty sweet deal!

Needless to say, DSP's seem to be a BIG hit with the fans. Over half of LP concert attendees in 2010 were downloading the show - pretty impressive! In 2011 on the North American Tour, LP offered a *free* download to anyone who attended a show on that tour. 2011 is the first year that the band has decided to sell their festival performances as well.

However, some shows were not sold for one reason or another. The European summer tour in 2008 didn't have a single show released off of that leg, for instance. Scattered shows from 2007 (Jones Beach, NY, Las Vegas, NV, etc) never saw the light of day and 2009 missed several notable performances. In 2007, the band never sold their shows from Australia and New Zealand but those were later released on March 2, 2010 with the new version of their downloads site. Since then, we've never seen a release of older, unreleased shows. Rumors circulated in December of 2009 about a release of more shows, but we're not sure what happened on that front.

We know hundreds of fans (maybe more) collect each and every show the band releases. Lots of fans keep up with each performance due to LP changing the setlist very often. Now the questions for you guys are....

Would you be interested in LP releasing any missing 2007-2011 shows they may have? Europe's summer tour from 2008? Or the missing 2007/2009 festivals if they exist? Would you purchase one or more of these shows if they were released? Would any of you that attended these shows be interested in them? More importantly, if the band has any PRE-2007 shows, would you be interested in purchasing those? We've seen on iTunes and on CD singles that the band has released live tracks from 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2006. Would anyone like to see some of the older shows in the "LP vault" released, if they exist? Let us know by posting a reply!

We know a lot of you enjoyed our release of the proshot/soundboard recording of Linkin Park in Camden, NJ in 2004 (read here and here). 'One Step Closer' from that show has over 20,000 views on YouTube.

Want some more stuff like that? Perhaps with a positive discussion and encouragement to Linkin Park's management we could possibly get more shows released! A list of all shows released as live CDs / DSP's can be found here. Purchase and download the DSP's here.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would definitely buy 13.06.2007 show if they released it!

Also, I'd like to have the chance to hear older shows too...

Bring them in! The more - the better!

But personally I think that they won't release any earlier material, meaning pre-2007, as there might start lost of new talks comparing modern LP with HT-Meteora-era.

I would definitely buy 13.06.2007 show if they released it!

Also, I'd like to have the chance to hear older shows too...

Bring them in! The more - the better!

But personally I think that they won't release any earlier material, meaning pre-2007, as there might start lost of new talks comparing modern LP with HT-Meteora-era.

Totally agree.For sure their management would not like to see the fans comparing the old lp with the 'new' lp of course.

But it would be amazing to have old shows :(

I'd buy any pre-2007 shows if they were released and at least one or two shows from any other MTM+ tour that hasn't been released. Rock am Ring 2007 or Berlin 2008 or something. Definitely interested in seeing more stuff posted on the downloads site. Great idea, fans love it, the quality rapes any other live downloads I've seen bands do (Metallica, Alter Bridge) and it's a blast for hardcore fans to keep up with the live changes.

I think this would be cool, if they'd do it, and yes, I would buy a few shows.

I'd be interested in the ones from '08 in Europe that have RME. And I'd most definitely be interested in earlier shows.

Should we start an online petition or something? :)

Something I've been meaning to suggest for a while is can we get some sort of site going where we can host all these dsps from the very first one released in 2007 to the last show played in 2011 an just continually update it. The thing is once people download the torrents they tend to not seed afterward and the torrent will go dead a few weeks later. This sucks for people like me when I have to monitor how much I download because if I go over a certin limit a month my net drops to dial up like speed and takes forever just to load a webpage. If we have this site sort of thing we can go on there and download whatever dsp we would like even if it's been a year from it's release date or just a couple of weeks.

If anyone wants to elaborate of that or change anything your more then welcome. Just putting and idea out there for you guys.

I personally would love the DSP for Dublin, Ireland to be released.

Not only was it my first & only LP show but it was the very first concert I ever attended at the tender age of 24! :o

I remember Rob's drum solo on BIO and it was pure awesome. One of the best solo's I think he's done and I'm not just saying that because it was the show I went to.