LPU Announcement coming soon

SpikeMinoda

We’ve been promising some new LPU news for a while. With all the

, MFR events, video shooting, and studio sessions going on, it’s been tough to make it happen.

It looks like that announcement is finally on its way. Look for an email by the end of next week. Don’t get your hopes up, though. It’s probably nothing very special or interesting.

In other news, if you haven’t seen the photos of Phoenix’s trip to Haiti, check them out HERE. Talk to you soon.

Source: MikeShinoda.com

Adam also added a tweet.

Don’t get your hopes up, though. It’s probably nothing very special or interesting.

Lol Mike says it all. And there was me thinking it'll be something big and epic!

it seems like LP is on hiatus after this weeks lack of news haha

My LPU membership apparently expired a couple months ago, even though I bought LPUX last August when it launched. Hmm. Anyways, I might just buy an online only membership for now, I hope we get some cool stuff.

Maybe they're going to release a Breaking the Habit Live version. There was a serious lack of Breaking the Habit (Live) in the last two LPU CDs.

that makes no sense what so ever!? Theres 1000+ Live versions you can find in HQ. Just like RTR, if you mean on the new tour then maybe any DSP's?

I hounestly think that this is either about ATS+, LPU Summit, a new LPUX package, Updated news on music? (demos?) HAHAHAHAHA!, maybe TF3 & Iridescent.

WHO KNOWS !?!?!?!?

that makes no sense what so ever!? Theres 1000+ Live versions you can find in HQ. Just like RTR, if you mean on the new tour then maybe any DSP's?

I hounestly think that this is either about ATS+, LPU Summit, a new LPUX package, Updated news on music? (demos?) HAHAHAHAHA!, maybe TF3 & Iridescent.

WHO KNOWS !?!?!?!?

he was being sarcastic

I really hope it's not about another Summit unless it's in Wisconsin

Rest assured, the new LPU announcement will not inhibit me from protecting you, the good people of Gotham.

It's the friendly neighborhood Batman! Wait...

I wish we had a b-side from that album. We got one right away with Minutes To Midnight. I'll keep wishing but I doubt we will get anything because of the LPUX Demos CD.

To be fair, I guess you could technically call 'I Have Not Begun' a b-side from ATS since it was recorded in 2009 and it has the weird sound that a lot of ATS have, like the weird noises, etc. I wish we had some real b-sides from the album though, I Have Not Begun seems unpolished and was most likely just a demo track dropped in early 2009.

To be fair, I guess you could technically call 'I Have Not Begun' a b-side from ATS since it was recorded in 2009 and it has the weird sound that a lot of ATS have, like the weird noises, etc. I wish we had some real b-sides from the album though, I Have Not Begun seems unpolished and was most likely just a demo track dropped in early 2009.

I mean there was alot of crazy ideas that I heard on the Meeting Of A Thousand Suns documentary. They a few songs that sounded more like jam seshs but were really good (Chester singing agressively and Rob drumming, harmonica/piano, and more). There was also two demos that were in their top few favorite songs. One was a da-na-na-na song which I really liked, and the other had a really dark and ambient beat.

They have to give us something. Maybe they didn't want to release anything right after the album came out because people would try to piece it in the story, or maybe they didn't want people screaming "th1s shoooood replaces the eMpty spacesss yo". Who knows.

I mean there was alot of crazy ideas that I heard on the Meeting Of A Thousand Suns documentary. They a few songs that sounded more like jam seshs but were really good (Chester singing agressively and Rob drumming, harmonica/piano, and more). There was also two demos that were in their top few favorite songs. One was a da-na-na-na song which I really liked, and the other had a really dark and ambient beat.

They have to give us something. Maybe they didn't want to release anything right after the album came out because people would try to piece it in the story, or maybe they didn't want people screaming "th1s shoooood replaces the eMpty spacesss yo". Who knows.

Well, look at it this way. We didn't get anything until 6 years after Meteora came out. We got the demos on LPU9 and then Unfortunate and Halo on LPU10. So they could just be saving them for future releases someone down the line...who knows. I think we just got lucky with the MTM demos and b-sides, which I all like more than certain album tracks on MTM.

Don’t get your hopes up, though. It’s probably nothing very special or interesting.

Lol Mike says it all. And there was me thinking it'll be something big and epic!

it seems like LP is on hiatus after this weeks lack of news haha

Can't wait for the comments from people who don't understand sarcasm. RT @m_shinoda LPU Announcement http://bit.ly/iKbFuf

Just Sayin'

one of the comments in his blog by a long time fellow lpuer

Sarcasm doesn’t make me believe in LPUX right now any more than the boasting ya’ll did before LPUX started. Do note that we are 6 months into the LPUX year, and frankly, I had to pay for summits I could not attend, missed out on the tour, that contest about the DC shoes was just a ploy to try and convince people to join, and you want me to get excited about this announcement? There are only 6 months left in the club year before LPU 11 starts. You had better have something worth the outrageous annual fee I was dumb enough to pay.

i had a much similar thing in mind but dam she nailed it.

if its something related to the summit i'm happy for the german folks though not much of the 'lpu' spirit that once existed. apart from that as long as its not about new tracks or merch or something really new and coll which i currently can't imagine, it might not be that great.

and ATS? I have everything right from the cd to the freaking skateboard how much more 'versions' are you gonna bring out?

Maybe they're going to release a Breaking the Habit Live version. There was a serious lack of Breaking the Habit (Live) in the last two LPU CDs.

lmao :D good one!

if the announcement is about a new ATS than im going to lose all hope until next year... (or maybe a year after that)

PS dont get me wrong i love ats and continue to support the guys for their craziness since all these years

It could be the 4th LPU Summit in Hamburg, Germany that slipped out and wasn't actually announced.

Since there is a Meet & Greet at o2 World in Hamburg, I can't imagine that they will announce an LPU summit.. If I remember, there were no M&G's at the other Summit dates - correct me if I'm wrong :)